“Beautiful Resort”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #177 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 6, 2005

We stayed at the Coronado Springs resort from April 24 - 30. We had a wonderful time. The resort is huge, we didin't even get to see the whole resort. The mexican and south western themes were beautiful. The Mayan temple pool was great. Not only is it beautiful but it also has a water slide with panther's spitting out water as you slide down into the pool. My kids loved it. There are quiet pools in each of the 3 sections of the resort, Casita's, Cabana's and Rancho's. We stayed in the Rancho's section on the third floor and a short walk to the Dig Site which is where the Mayan Temple pool is located. We were close to the laundry and Rancho's quiet pool. There are also small beaches with hammocks to relax in. The Dig Site consists of the main Mayan temple pool, volleyball court, pool bar, bathrooms, an arcade and playground. The resort has now added shuttle carts to ride guests to other sections of the resort and El Centro which was definately a plus especially after walking around the parks all day.
El Centro is the center of the resort where you check in, where the souvineer shop is, the shop also has just about anything one would need such as toiletries, food items, etc., it's also where the food court Pepper Market is, one of the arcades, the main restaurant Maya Grill, and if I remember correctly a lounge, the ballrooms and the convention center are all located. The food in Pepper Market was delicious and abundant! There were 6 of us and had plenty of food. We could have shared the meals between us instead of each having our own and throwing away half because they give you so much. The bus system was great and a short wait time for them. I would definately reccommend this resort and would stay here again.

13  Thank Glennsgirl
There are newer reviews for Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

A TripAdvisor Member
Brantford, Ontario
Reviewed May 1, 2005

We stayed in Ranchos 7B and had a delightful stay. The property is attractive and very clean... the Dig Site pool is excellent, especially for the kids.

I don't know what the fuss about the walking distance is all about... I walked from our building (near the back of the property) to El Centro through gardens and waterways and it took me 8 minutes at a mild pace.

The transportation service was excellent. Our longest wait for a bus we wanted was 10 minutes.

Picking up "delivered purchases" at the gift shop was easy and made it easier to enjoy the theme parks without having to lug around things purchased during the day.

We didn't eat at the resort restaurants during our stay, so can't comment on the food and can't rank the resort higher than 4/5 because of this.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed May 1, 2005

This hotel is definately a step up from the All-Stars. The rooms were bigger than expected (nothing fancy) with a nice little curtain that hides the bathroom. The grounds were really nice and had a lot of things for the Kids to climb and play on.

The pool was awesome or should I say the slide. Our kids had non-stop fun riding the slide over and over. They had a little kiddy pool that was nice, but the only gripe I had was a lot of leaves and dirt seem to gather in some of the pool/spa areas.

The only thing I could see wrong with this Hotel was the distance to everything. Normally that would not be a problem because the grounds are beautiful, but on a hot day (not much shade), and after walking the Parks, the last thing you want to do is take a nice hike anywhere.

Overall though, this Hotel was a great getaway. Not as nice as Wilderness or Animal Kingdom lodge, but definately better than the All-Stars.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2005

While I like Disney in theory (I am a bit of a kid at heart), I am not much of a fan of large groups of children, unless very well-behaved or in small doses. Thus, Coronado Springs was a good choice for my fiancee and me. The rooms were clean, the amenities were nice (nice "main" pool and additional smaller pools, decent on-site restaurant, boat rental, etc), and there were fewer children than at the other Disney resorts I have visited or heard about. The few children there seemed to be on their best behavior, probably because Daddy's or Mommy's boss was sitting at the next table attending the same conference as Mommy or Daddy (Coronado has a large convention facility). It was a nice reprieve from the parks themselves, and put me in a mood to appreciate the "cuteness" of the kids actually attending the parks. While it is true that the resort did involve some walking, we like to get in some exercise on vacation (in addition to the loads of walking at the parks). Additionally, there was only one time that we had a longer than 15 minute wait for a shuttle bus to the parks (although that one exception was quite an exception - waited well over an hour to get to Epcot evening Magic Hours)

The only real complaint I have (and a small one) was with the size of the bathroom, but at least the so-called "moderate" resorts are generally not that expensive. (If I was paying 400/night or more, I might be a little frustrated if I did not have a large soaking tub, etc., and would probably expect a larger room than generally offered by Disney Deluxe).

As for the Disney theme parks themselves, they were a blast. (My only complaint was with the Brown Derby at the MGM Studios - the service was horribly slow and the food was average, at best, and that is being kind, particularly for the prices they were charging. This review was seconded by my parents, who visited a few weeks prior, and they are loathe to criticize anything. In fact, I was a little frustrated my parents did not give me a warning, but they wanted me to make my own decision.)

• Stayed: March 2005
12  Thank NYEagle
Reviewed April 23, 2005

We just returned from a 7 day stay at the Coranado Springs Resort. We like to try a new resort each time we stay and this looked very nice. I did a lot of research on the resort before going and had read some great reviews and absolutely terrible reviews. I was not sure what to expect, but I know that no matter what, some people are never happy.

We had a great stay, from check-in, room, food, etc. Everything was great. People were friendly and very helpful, the room (Ranchos) was clean (3rd Flr) quiet and comfortable. The only down side was the walk to El Centro (approx. 10 mins) This is one of the reasons I would not stay here again.

The food was good, but expensive. We had dinner one night at the Maya Grill and the rest of the time when we were at the hotel for dinner, ate in the Pepper Market. The 'coffee window' was not what I thought, you can buy a mug for $11.99 and refill for your stay, but not at the window, they made use go into the Pepper Market which was crowded and not convenient. The Convenience store was out of coffee all the time as well, not a very good set up for "grab & go".

Everything else was fine, there were 4 bus stops to get buses to the parks and Downtown Disney and our longest wait was 10 mins. As I said before, I would not stay here again due to the layout. I will most likely stay at a monorail resort such as the Contemporary or Polynesian.

11  Thank LBO60
Reviewed April 21, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this resort for 4 nights for a conference. The room was nice and very clean. It's a long walk to the main building if you are in a room across the lake (we were in the Ranchos building 6) but to be honest we didn't mind the walk, the resort is very pretty. They also have a shuttle service that will stop and pick you up (this happened about 2/3 of the time we were walking).

The food court type area (Pepper Market) is pretty good, but pricey. I would recommend the Maya Grill (the sit-down restaurant) breakfast buffet, the food was great and the price ($13) was a good value compared to buying the same amount of food @ the Pepper Market. If you get a chance, take the bus to Downtown Disney and go to Wolfgang Puck Express, they have decent prices and great food.

We had a bus stop near our room for the Disney busses, and had no problem getting around the different parks. I would recommend going to the 1st bus stop in the evenings if you are going to Downtown Disney; sometimes by the time the bus got to our stop (#3) it was already full. The rest of the day we had no problem taking the busses.

The main pool (the "Dig Site") is very nice, however the snack bar could have more staff; it got pretty busy during lunchtime & we had to wait about 20-25 minutes for our food.

The resort has an area to store your luggage after you check out; so we were able to keep our luggage stored while we went to the pool until we left for the airport. Bus service was prompt when we were leaving.

Some staff members were super friendly, some were a little cold, so it kind of balanced.

This was a great time of year to go to Disney b/c nothing was very crowded at all. If we stayed in Disney again, we would probably stay at this resort.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
11  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed April 17, 2005

We had no car so I was nervous about being totally reliant on Disney transport but the buses were great and we seldom waited more than a few minutes. Easter week, so the park was way too crowded, returning back to the hotel each afternoon was a wonderful escape, we actually liked it so much we just spent the evenings there or walked to the Mickey Winter/Summerland golf or McDonalds (15-20 min walk).

The rooms were small but nice and I could hear noise from ajoining rooms but nothing too loud. I would probably stay there again. My son loved it, loved the pool...and I guess that's what really matters.

• Stayed: March 2005