“Overall very nice place”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #172 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 17, 2005

We had no car so I was nervous about being totally reliant on Disney transport but the buses were great and we seldom waited more than a few minutes. Easter week, so the park was way too crowded, returning back to the hotel each afternoon was a wonderful escape, we actually liked it so much we just spent the evenings there or walked to the Mickey Winter/Summerland golf or McDonalds (15-20 min walk).

The rooms were small but nice and I could hear noise from ajoining rooms but nothing too loud. I would probably stay there again. My son loved it, loved the pool...and I guess that's what really matters.

6  Thank ptmickey
Write a ReviewReviews (6,264)

Reviewed April 11, 2005

Oh dear! went to coronado springs on a conference. The accomodation was ok and the pools good but apart from a few stars most of the staff were the most miserable I've ever seen in the US, especially in the main bar, obviously smiles and conversation are something thats discouraged. The Mayan Grill offers good food (recommend the Beef Tips) but again the service is atrocious.

7  Thank devonuk
mentor, ohio
Reviewed April 2, 2005

my son and i stayed at the coronado springs resort from 3/27/05-4/1/05. check in was quick and efficient. our room was ready and available at noon when we arrived. the staff there was wonderful. we loved the landscape and the colorful buildings. wonderful atmosphere gave us a great first disney experience. would absolutely return to coronado springs rersort.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 31, 2005

Coronado Springs hosts Disney's big convention center surrounded by a "resort". It is a nice place for the family to stay while someone in the group attends the meeting. I rented a junior suite for the wife and I, and my fifteen year old daughter and her friend. This"suite" is basically two adjoing rooms; one with a king bed, the other with a murphy queen. The toilet/bath and dressing/vanity in each room can be isolated by pulling a curtain (I could bathe and dress for an early morning meeting without waking the spouse). The grounds are gorgeous. The rooms are arranged around a lagoon (0.5.mile around the loop) so you might have walk to "el centro", (ie the lobby) with the restraunts, etc., though disney transportation stops at 4 evenly placed locations around the loop. The in-room safe is a keyed lock box. The rooms are all accessed by narrow corridors along the windowed side of the room so it will be necessary to keep the curtains pulled despite the good views. There are no balconies, etc.. I would strongly encourage you to pack a suitcase with snacks and drinks to stock up your room, or to hit a grocery en route. The various pools would involve a hike for most guests. The resort is clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly. Since you are "saving" on accomadation, book a meal at Victoria and Alberts! ($400 with wine/tip).

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Youngstown, Oh
Reviewed March 31, 2005

Hotel was Clean and the staff there for the most part were very considerate to our needs. Room was cleaned daily in an orderly fashion. Upon our arrival, we were checked in immediately to our room. Of course it was after 5 p.m. with check in being 3 so we would have expected no less.

I really didnt like the walk from our room to the main lobby. I was told when we first got to the hotel that the staff would give you rides on their golf carts but this happened only one time. After walking at the parks all day, it was hard to walk a country mile to eat and/or swim.

The food there was okay. The Maya Grill was excellent but expensive and the Pepper Market was more reasonable but the food wasnt great and the staff cooking the food were somewhat rude at times.We found it very difficult to get access to nice restaurants at the theme parks due to long lines and our only option a lot of the time was our choices at the hotel.

You have to keep in mind also that you may be spending alot of time on the buses from your hotel to the park. If you are using the buses and have any reservations, you may want to leave extra early to get there.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2005

We moved from CBR to Coronado Springs. If you are trying to chose between the two, I definitely recommend Coronado Springs. While the rooms are comparable, the main pool at Coronado is so much nicer than the main pool at CBR. After checking in at CBR, we visited the pool area. There were so many children and adults crowded into the relatively small pool, it was literally impossible to swim. You could bob around in the water - but you couldn't move!! It was depressing.

We moved to Coronado Springs which generally feels more spacious and up to date. The pool is massive and beautiful - so much fun - with a great water slide and nice fountains.

The rooms are comfortable. This is a great place for families and for adults without children.

• Stayed: April 2003
13  Thank procrastinator
Reviewed March 16, 2005

The hotel was good, but I had higher expectations from a Disney Property. I worked at Disney for three years in the Mid 90's and I do not believe that this hotel lived up to the quality expected from Disney. For a moderately priced resort I would have expected larger, quieter rooms. I especially don't like how you can hear everyone walk right by your room and how all the rooms open to the outside. The pool is nice, and it is close to Epcot and Disney's MGM studios. If you want a good resort, spend the extra few bucks and go to the Wilderness Lodge. I was there for a conference. The convention center is awesome! It is so huge and the food is good.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business