we have stayed at quite a few of the disney resorts. Coronado being the only other moderate we stayed at besides Port Orleans.
I think most Disney resorts offer a superior vacation experience than most in terms of theming and offering a unique experience.
Having recently vacationed in Mexico before this trip, i found Coronado Springs to bring back memories of Mexico for me. The resort is beautiful, grounds are landscaped nicely. There's even a beach area with hammocks.
My kids loved the pool and playground area. Overall we were happy here with the following complaints: bathrooms are way too small. We stayed at the Royal Pacific one night and the bathroom at that resort is 3 x the size of CS. the shower head is cheap and has no water pressure. water was warm at best, not hot
There was no food/beverage service during out entire stay at the snack stand near the pool, even though we were assured there would be. We bought refillable mugs thinking we could get refills near the pool (since we were in Rancheros) so that was a waste of money since we didn't want to walk all the way to the Pepper Market every time we wanted a beverage.
It's quite an ordeal to get a refill at the market anyway. you have to wait for a worker to give you a slip and then you're allowed in, then you have to wait in line for the cahsier to see your slip at the end. much easier to refill at other resorts. Also, didn't include hot cocoa, which i thought was stupid, my dauther was very disapointed.
The person that checked us in was incompetent. took forever! then he insisted we wait while he retrieved some crayons, even though we really didn't want them, only to return empty handed after 10 mins because he couldn't find any. I feel disney is going downhill a bit. They seem to be scrimping where they shouldn't be (no longer have bottles of lotion or body wash, just a bar of soap and one tiny bottle of shampoo for 4 people.)
overall, we enjoyed out stay with a few problems but would probably not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando