We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort during the week before Easter (2 adults, 1 child) and thought it worked well for our trip. Enjoyed a renovated room in the Cabanas section, close to the quiet pool and laundry, and a short walk from the Dig Site and El Centro. We had originally picked a deluxe resort because the value/moderate category hotels only have double beds and we need at least one queen or king - but then learned that Coronado Springs was converting to queens, so we decided to give it a shot. The doors separating the bathroom area from the room, and the refrigerator included in the room were nice extras too.
Room was great except for very hard pillows and just-adequate housekeeping service. Beds were never fully made with throws and pillows after day 1, she gave new towels but not much "magic." By contrast, even when we stayed at All Star Movies, there was a Mickey Mouse made of towels on the bed upon arrival - that kind of thing. It was fine and not a big deal.
We liked the Pepper Market food court but the ordering process felt a bit like a scavenger hunt, where you brought a card to each station and had it stamped for the food you wanted. So, if you had 2 adults who each wanted something from a different station, plus a child, and wanted dessert, you had to visit 4 different stations. A lot of work for a meal, but at least the food was good at the end.
Pool is very fun for kids, with the arcade conveniently located nearby - we didn't get to enjoy very much since we were at the parks most days, but enjoyed the pyramid slide.
We rented a car for part of the trip but also used Disney's Magical Express and the on-site transportation system - both very good.
On the whole, a great week at Disney World!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelPower, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando