“Great value at Disney World”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #173 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort during the week before Easter (2 adults, 1 child) and thought it worked well for our trip. Enjoyed a renovated room in the Cabanas section, close to the quiet pool and laundry, and a short walk from the Dig Site and El Centro. We had originally picked a deluxe resort because the value/moderate category hotels only have double beds and we need at least one queen or king - but then learned that Coronado Springs was converting to queens, so we decided to give it a shot. The doors separating the bathroom area from the room, and the refrigerator included in the room were nice extras too.

Room was great except for very hard pillows and just-adequate housekeeping service. Beds were never fully made with throws and pillows after day 1, she gave new towels but not much "magic." By contrast, even when we stayed at All Star Movies, there was a Mickey Mouse made of towels on the bed upon arrival - that kind of thing. It was fine and not a big deal.

We liked the Pepper Market food court but the ordering process felt a bit like a scavenger hunt, where you brought a card to each station and had it stamped for the food you wanted. So, if you had 2 adults who each wanted something from a different station, plus a child, and wanted dessert, you had to visit 4 different stations. A lot of work for a meal, but at least the food was good at the end.

Pool is very fun for kids, with the arcade conveniently located nearby - we didn't get to enjoy very much since we were at the parks most days, but enjoyed the pyramid slide.

We rented a car for part of the trip but also used Disney's Magical Express and the on-site transportation system - both very good.

On the whole, a great week at Disney World!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank marmtravel
Write a ReviewReviews (6,389)

Reviewed April 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this resort in January 2006 and we loved it, so we decided to stay here again for our honeymoon in May 2008.

The hotel is beautiful and is worth the amount. Unfortunetly, we had a horrible experience the second time around and we will probably never stay at this resort again.

Upon arrival, our room was not ready, which was fine, We went to Animal Kingdom, but after about 4 hours, we were ready to take a shower and just relax. Finally, late in the evening, our room was ready, but it was not the room that I had requested. Each time I spoke to someone at Disney, I reminded them that we wanted a room in building 9B because of its location to a bus stop, but were put in building 6B. Building 6B is not in a convenient location, and is right between two bus stops, neither of which are close.

On our last day, my husband and I decided to eat in the buffet for breakfast. It was a bit overpriced, but there was a lot of options. We were sat at a table right away, but when we were done getting our food, our table was occupied by another couple. We then had to complain and were sat somewhere else.

When we returned to our hotel room, my husband called the desk to request help getting our luggage (we had 2 large pieces of luggage, 2 meduim pieces of luggage, abd 2 bags) to the front desk. We called about an hour before our sedan would be picking us up. 10 Minutes before our sedan was to pick us up, still nobody had come to help us. When we called, we were told it may be another half hour before help arrived because they were running behind. After calmly explaining the situation, we were told there was nothing the hotel could do. My husband and I decided to just pull all of our luggage to the front, which in 85+ degree weather, was not an easy task.

To add to our frustration, we were not set up to do express checkout, even though we did have a credit card attached to our account. So, after pulling all of our luggage to the front desk, we had to wait in line to check out. My husband and I were really diappointed this time around, and sadly, will not be staying here again.

We did have one Magical expeience at this resort. Since it also has a conferance center, we were able to use a computer to look at our wedding pictures. We knew it would cost us some cash, but we knew we couldnt wait until we returned home to look at them. After about 45 minutes of computer use, one fo the workers noticed they were our wedding pictures, and told us to there would be no charge and to take all the time we needed.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2009

We spent a week at this Disney Resort . We had a newly updated room in the Cabanas section with a view of the lake . It it a very nice Resort. Grounds were clean and fresh looking . Good and clean pool area and small pools by each section, which was nice . Room was clean, could walk on the carpet with white socks, no dirt. House keeping was good , except one day forgot some towels and toilet paper. A call to housekeeping corrected it. never had another issue. Disney Magic , if you are looking for that at this Resort you may not find it. Resort Staff waited on you quickly, but not really in a Disney type of friendly manner. Only ate at the Pepper market once, not impressed. Full service Resturant prices are a joke. Go with the meal plan, if you planng on staying on Disney grounds your whole stay. However there are many good places to eat outside of Disney that are close by and a lot cheaper than Disney food . Also the Downtown Disney Resturants are good and better food than Disney Resturants.The resort is huge which gave it a less crowded feel. If you do not like walking, this resort may not be for you, or Disney in general for that matter .
I not sure if other Travelers feel this way, but I always seem to pick the wrong Hotels or end up with the worst room in the place. For once it was nice to walk away happy thinking wow this place was nice!

3  Thank michigantraveler70
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Ok so after reading some of the other reviews I called to cancle my reservation, but could not get a room any where else in a moderate resort. Thats how much they scared me. Once they said bugs that was it. ANYWAY..... We went and OMG LOVED it!!!! Never saw any bugs the whole time.The rooms were very clean, modern, and the people there we so nice!!! The ground are spotless, they pool is SOOO much fun. My kids are 9 months, 3 yrs and 11. They wanted to leave the disney parks to go back to the hotel & go in the pool LOL. Speaking of the pool..... Get the nacho's MMMM they are so good. Also the May grill is great! I can't wait to go back. We stayed in the cabana's room 8240 (facing the lake & about 2 min walk to the pool & 5 min walk to the bus stop (which there are 4 stops) great location. Have fun & enjoy!!!!!

1  Thank jenn78
Reviewed April 2, 2009

This was our 6th trip to Disney and we usually stay at the Port Orleans Riverside, however, that resort was already filled. We chose the Coronado Springs resort as I read the reviews on this site and for the most part they were positive. This resort is beautiful!! We were very pleased. When we confirmed our reservation, I was sure to ask for a particular building (Cabanas). We were given connecting room (I was traveling with a party of 8) in the Cabanas section Building 8. I also requested a renovated room. I wanted to be close to the main pool and not too far from the main building. Even getting this location, it is still a walk to the main building where you get your food and drink refilled. Our building was very convenient to the bus stop (4). After a long day at the parks, it was nice to get off the bus and walk only a few feet to our room.
The check in was flawless, and the room was ready for us when we arrived. Our luggage arrived about 3 hours after we did, but we knew this ahead of time and packed our bathing suits in our carry ons so we could use the pool when we got to the resort. The rooms, especially the beds, were really nice. That is the most comfortable bed and pillows we have ever slept on!!
The disney transportation--from picking us up at the airport to getting to the parks-was great. It was nice not having to worry about how to get to the parks and who was going to drive.
I highly recommend the disney meal plan. You will spend more on food out of pocket than you will paying for the plan. It was nice not having to carry around a lot of money to pay for food. You get a lot of choices on the plan. The pepper Market is the best place to eat. We had steak, seafood, etc. and this was all covered on the quick service dining plan. Great for kids who are always hungry. We actually had more food than we could eat in one day.
Our kids loved the main pool. We didn't swim in the quiet pools, as you need to use the towels from your room. It was more convenient to use the main pool. The towels are provided and you can get food and drink there as well.
Overall, I highly recommend this resort. The only downfall is that it is a lot of walking, but the landscaping makes up for it. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

2  Thank disneygirl17
Reviewed March 30, 2009

Great landscaping, beautiful buildings and fun theme. Check-in was great because "Dorothy" accommodated all of our needs and even provided transportation by resort van to dinner because of a delayed flight. We would have missed our reservation if it were not for her. I wanted to compliment her to management on the spot, but I was given a business card with an email address to guest communications, instead. That meant that I had to wait until I got home. After all the catching up at home (laundry, mail, cleaning, etc.) I typed in the email address but I was unable to get the correct link, so I called and was told I could mail in the compliment. Unfortunately, I ran out of time and this is the best "Dorothy" is going to get (Tripadvisor). It is unfortunate that guests do not have a way to instantly recognize good service at Disney because so many of the cast members deserve it! They need to work on this. Although the service was great, the rooms need work. Because they are outdated, they feel like they are not very clean. For example, there was carpetting under the bathroom sink. Yuck! I spent as much time as possible outside of the room, enjoying the wonderful property.

1  Thank CallaLilly123
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I'm an 18 year old female, and my parents and I stayed at Coronado Springs for three nights a couple of weeks ago. It was our first time at Disney World and after reading some of the negative reviews here, I spent a good deal of time prior to our trip worrying about the lodgiing at Coronado Springs. I shouldn't have worried at all! The trip went marvelously and Coronado Springs was just the perfect place for us, but I can see how it might not be for everyone.

We drove from Kentucky to Florida so we had the luxury of having a car to do whatever we wanted, but we did use the bus system to get from park to park. What an efficient system it is! Waits for buses are never long at all - I think the longest we waited was at Hollywood Studios. However, we left right around four o'clock when there seemed to be a mass exodus from the park, so things were busy and the bus ran a little later than it had been.

Coronado Springs is a beautiful place. The rooms are nothing special, nothing extravagent, but they are clean and tidy and the people who work there are just so pleasant - right down to the plumber who had to come and fix our shower after one it clogged up. We were lodged in Casitas 3 and it was very nice. We were right near the quiet pool, and it was indeed quiet! It was a good place to go and relax, do a little reading, or catch up on things at home on the phone after a long day at the parks.

My only complaint was the food. It isn't good and it's very overpriced. We usually went out of the park to eat.

Overall, our stay was very, very nice!

1  Thank yourcitygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!