“great place, at such a reasonable price”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #172 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
philadelphia, pa
“great place, at such a reasonable price”
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Ok so after reading some of the other reviews I called to cancle my reservation, but could not get a room any where else in a moderate resort. Thats how much they scared me. Once they said bugs that was it. ANYWAY..... We went and OMG LOVED it!!!! Never saw any bugs the whole time.The rooms were very clean, modern, and the people there we so nice!!! The ground are spotless, they pool is SOOO much fun. My kids are 9 months, 3 yrs and 11. They wanted to leave the disney parks to go back to the hotel & go in the pool LOL. Speaking of the pool..... Get the nacho's MMMM they are so good. Also the May grill is great! I can't wait to go back. We stayed in the cabana's room 8240 (facing the lake & about 2 min walk to the pool & 5 min walk to the bus stop (which there are 4 stops) great location. Have fun & enjoy!!!!!

1 Thank jenn78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 2, 2009

This was our 6th trip to Disney and we usually stay at the Port Orleans Riverside, however, that resort was already filled. We chose the Coronado Springs resort as I read the reviews on this site and for the most part they were positive. This resort is beautiful!! We were very pleased. When we confirmed our reservation, I was sure to ask for a particular building (Cabanas). We were given connecting room (I was traveling with a party of 8) in the Cabanas section Building 8. I also requested a renovated room. I wanted to be close to the main pool and not too far from the main building. Even getting this location, it is still a walk to the main building where you get your food and drink refilled. Our building was very convenient to the bus stop (4). After a long day at the parks, it was nice to get off the bus and walk only a few feet to our room.
The check in was flawless, and the room was ready for us when we arrived. Our luggage arrived about 3 hours after we did, but we knew this ahead of time and packed our bathing suits in our carry ons so we could use the pool when we got to the resort. The rooms, especially the beds, were really nice. That is the most comfortable bed and pillows we have ever slept on!!
The disney transportation--from picking us up at the airport to getting to the parks-was great. It was nice not having to worry about how to get to the parks and who was going to drive.
I highly recommend the disney meal plan. You will spend more on food out of pocket than you will paying for the plan. It was nice not having to carry around a lot of money to pay for food. You get a lot of choices on the plan. The pepper Market is the best place to eat. We had steak, seafood, etc. and this was all covered on the quick service dining plan. Great for kids who are always hungry. We actually had more food than we could eat in one day.
Our kids loved the main pool. We didn't swim in the quiet pools, as you need to use the towels from your room. It was more convenient to use the main pool. The towels are provided and you can get food and drink there as well.
Overall, I highly recommend this resort. The only downfall is that it is a lot of walking, but the landscaping makes up for it. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

2 Thank disneygirl17
Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2009

Great landscaping, beautiful buildings and fun theme. Check-in was great because "Dorothy" accommodated all of our needs and even provided transportation by resort van to dinner because of a delayed flight. We would have missed our reservation if it were not for her. I wanted to compliment her to management on the spot, but I was given a business card with an email address to guest communications, instead. That meant that I had to wait until I got home. After all the catching up at home (laundry, mail, cleaning, etc.) I typed in the email address but I was unable to get the correct link, so I called and was told I could mail in the compliment. Unfortunately, I ran out of time and this is the best "Dorothy" is going to get (Tripadvisor). It is unfortunate that guests do not have a way to instantly recognize good service at Disney because so many of the cast members deserve it! They need to work on this. Although the service was great, the rooms need work. Because they are outdated, they feel like they are not very clean. For example, there was carpetting under the bathroom sink. Yuck! I spent as much time as possible outside of the room, enjoying the wonderful property.

1 Thank CallaLilly123
yourcitygirl
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I'm an 18 year old female, and my parents and I stayed at Coronado Springs for three nights a couple of weeks ago. It was our first time at Disney World and after reading some of the negative reviews here, I spent a good deal of time prior to our trip worrying about the lodgiing at Coronado Springs. I shouldn't have worried at all! The trip went marvelously and Coronado Springs was just the perfect place for us, but I can see how it might not be for everyone.

We drove from Kentucky to Florida so we had the luxury of having a car to do whatever we wanted, but we did use the bus system to get from park to park. What an efficient system it is! Waits for buses are never long at all - I think the longest we waited was at Hollywood Studios. However, we left right around four o'clock when there seemed to be a mass exodus from the park, so things were busy and the bus ran a little later than it had been.

Coronado Springs is a beautiful place. The rooms are nothing special, nothing extravagent, but they are clean and tidy and the people who work there are just so pleasant - right down to the plumber who had to come and fix our shower after one it clogged up. We were lodged in Casitas 3 and it was very nice. We were right near the quiet pool, and it was indeed quiet! It was a good place to go and relax, do a little reading, or catch up on things at home on the phone after a long day at the parks.

My only complaint was the food. It isn't good and it's very overpriced. We usually went out of the park to eat.

Overall, our stay was very, very nice!

1 Thank yourcitygirl
New York
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I stayed here with my mom over my April break last year. While I was here, I very much enjoyed my stay, and the whole resort was just incredible.
Cleanliness
The housekeeping staff was very good, and whenever I entered my room, it felt and looked like it had on the first time I walked into it. my only issue was that some of the walkways were a bit dirty, but they were cleaned about once a day, and also that is to be expected at any hotel.
The service was great - the housekeeping was very helpful and provided me with many extra things (towels, you will need extra towels - the ones at the hotel are like dish towels) - the staff at the front desk & gift shop was always willing to help with any questions - and the staff in the Pepper Market (food court) was very helpful and kind. The only issue was that I came across three or four workers who spoke "Spanglish" (most workers at Coronado are hispanic). Luckily, I take Spanish at my school and was able to decifer what they said. But, overall, wonderful staff.
Location
Pretty well centered, but we were lucky. We were in the "Casitias" section of the resorts. For myself personally, I often enjoyed walks to the lobby and gift shop area (El Centro). I was pleased at our room location because I was a 6 minute walk from the 'El Centro.' However, we were on the opposite side of the lake, which made the large pool access annoying, but we were a 45 second walk from a quiet pool, which made up for it. Also, the trip to each park seemed about the same length, but Downtown Disney seemed to take a while.
No real clue, but my mom said it was good.
Rooms
The rooms were very nice, and the separate bathroom area was very nice and private. Because it was just me and my mom, we each had our own beds, which were nice, but for couples, I could see how there might be complaints. My only real annoyance was that the TV was a 12-inch television that looked like it belonged on the kitchen counter. But we only really needed it for the weather, so it wasn't a major problem.
Other
I am a devout runner (Cross Country, Winter Track, and Track) so having 'El Lago Dorado to run around was very convenient. But, I would suggest you go early in the morning, as by 11 it is far too hot to run comfortably. I also liked the fitness center (treadmills). El Centro was very nice and well organized. Very nice gift shop. Also, except for the Dig Site (main pool area) and the Pepper Market, the resort was quiet for the most part.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank otnip68647
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Just came back from a 5 day stay at the great Coronado. What a wonderful place. If you like WALKING and enjoy beautiful sceneries this is the place for you. We stayed at the Ranchero side of the resort in a recently renovated room and it was fabulous!! Coronado is listed in the moderate price range and one get lots of pleasure for your buck!! The pool is just spectacular with their cool slide and relaxing spa!
Didn't eat at the restaurant very much because we had different dining experiences in Disney Parks, but what we did have there was just fine!
This is a great place for kids, especially the pool. The kids would run from the pool to the Hot Spa all day long, just a great experience also the pool restaurant was perfect for the price! Hamburgers, french fries, great chicken fingers!!!
Make sure you ask for a recently renovated room if you can, because they have new tvs, and new duvet covers on the bed. We had 2 queen size beds in one room and a very very big bed in the other! Nice and clean..perfect!!!
Buses to Disney Parks came quite regularly not a long wait and they stopped right near our rooms, again Perfect!!!
The staff were wonderful and very helpful. Right On Coronado!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Samantha33
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed March 23, 2009

This is a huge resort with 7 sets of buildings built around a lagoon. It's really a nice place -- not luxurious but comfortable. It made for a relaxing stay. Some of the rooms are quite far from the convention facilities and restaurants (the Ranchos in particular); you'll get some exercise.

ROOMS: The standard rooms are nothing special and about what you'd expect at a Holiday Inn. Everything worked and there were no surprises. Cable TV is heavily dependent on Disney-owned channels. No HBO, no movies (even for a fee). I liked the ceiling fan -- not a lot of hotel rooms have that. They have a fridge if you bring your own food/beverages.

MAID SERVICE: They were almost too efficient. I set the thermostat for 70 degrees, but each day, the maid set it back to a cool 66 degrees. They had a sign asking us to place our towels on the shower rod if we wanted to re-use them, yet each day, they took the towel anyway and left a fresh one. I left a tip for the maid on the first day, but they didn't take it. On the 2nd day, I left a tip on the pillow and that did the trick.

PRICES: You get convenience when you stay on the resort, but the trade-off is high prices for nearly everything.

RESTAURANTS: Speaking of high prices... The Pepper Market has a wide variety of foods -- burgers, thai, pizza, you name it. The service is cafeteria style -- good food at a high price. You can also grab a quick bite at Rix Cafe for 'to go' food, but I'd recommend against hot food there. For $7.95, I got a barely warm bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. The full-service Maya Grill is open for breakfast and dinner.

BARS: Rix Lounge is a nice space to kick back with a drink indoors, or you can stop at the bar outside next to the lagoon. You'll pay $5-$6 for beer, and around $8 for a glass of wine. A margarita is over $9. You can buy beer at the gift shop or Rix Cafe' to go, but it's the same price as the bar. They sell wine by the bottle, as well. If you want some beer for your in-room fridge and didn't bring any, I saw a guy coming back on the bus with a case of Coors Light that he picked up at the Hess Express across from Downtown Disney. He was quite satisfied to have avoided paying $5.25 for each beer at the gift shop.

TRANSPORT: You can use Disney buses to get around to the parks and to Downtown Disney. If you're going to another resort or to the Wide World of Sports complex, you'll need to transfer. It's all free and efficient, but it'll almost always take more time than you planned. My trip to Disney's Wide World of Sports (for Atlanta Braves baseball) took 40 minutes each way. There is an average of 20 minutes between buses to any particular destination.

INTERNET: They charge $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. So if you log on late in the day, they won't be cutting you off at a pre-set time. You have a full 24 hours for your money.

POOLS: There are a few swimming pools on the resort, all close to rooms. There's another pool at "The Dig," with a water slide and more.

OVERALL: We really enjoyed our time at the resort, but nearly everyone complained about prices. If you are prepared for the sticker shock that's always a part of the Disney experience, you'll almost certainly enjoy yourself.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business