This was our 6th trip to Disney and we usually stay at the Port Orleans Riverside, however, that resort was already filled. We chose the Coronado Springs resort as I read the reviews on this site and for the most part they were positive. This resort is beautiful!! We were very pleased. When we confirmed our reservation, I was sure to ask for a particular building (Cabanas). We were given connecting room (I was traveling with a party of 8) in the Cabanas section Building 8. I also requested a renovated room. I wanted to be close to the main pool and not too far from the main building. Even getting this location, it is still a walk to the main building where you get your food and drink refilled. Our building was very convenient to the bus stop (4). After a long day at the parks, it was nice to get off the bus and walk only a few feet to our room.
The check in was flawless, and the room was ready for us when we arrived. Our luggage arrived about 3 hours after we did, but we knew this ahead of time and packed our bathing suits in our carry ons so we could use the pool when we got to the resort. The rooms, especially the beds, were really nice. That is the most comfortable bed and pillows we have ever slept on!!
The disney transportation--from picking us up at the airport to getting to the parks-was great. It was nice not having to worry about how to get to the parks and who was going to drive.
I highly recommend the disney meal plan. You will spend more on food out of pocket than you will paying for the plan. It was nice not having to carry around a lot of money to pay for food. You get a lot of choices on the plan. The pepper Market is the best place to eat. We had steak, seafood, etc. and this was all covered on the quick service dining plan. Great for kids who are always hungry. We actually had more food than we could eat in one day.
Our kids loved the main pool. We didn't swim in the quiet pools, as you need to use the towels from your room. It was more convenient to use the main pool. The towels are provided and you can get food and drink there as well.
Overall, I highly recommend this resort. The only downfall is that it is a lot of walking, but the landscaping makes up for it. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando