“Excellent (for a Moderate Disney Resort)”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #173 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent (for a Moderate Disney Resort)”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This review would normally be a "Very Good" but the fact that this was categorized as a Moderate Resort by Disney standards I rated it an excellent. Check-in was a breeze and they even offered an upgrade but it wasn't available at the time. We stayed in a concierge lounge access room which I would recommend now every time. I normally stay at the Deluxe resorts, so I was a bit apprehensive to say the least. The service at this hotel was fantastic. It was truly an escape from Disney within Disney. Location is great to get to any park except Magic Kingdom. That was a bit of a trip but nothing to rigorous. The room was very well appointed and great contemporary/southwestern blend. The concierge lounge was good for what it was. The service was a bit lacking there ironically enough out of all the outlets we visited. It was a bit drab as well, needs a facelift and a bit more choices. But again, this is me being picky as the concierge lounge was very cost efficient. The pool is amazing and the fast serve restaurant is great for a quick breakfast at actually reasonable Disney cost. We had a great time here, and while we probably won't visit as much as we do the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Grand Floridian. It's a great choice to know it's there and if we're feeling flighty or just going for an inexpensive visit we have it there for us. Great job Disney. Much improved from the Port Orleans Riverside! Side note, our dinner in Germany at Epcot was a horrible fiasco and was not the concierge's fault at the resort at all. When I brought it up to them they took complete ownership of all the faults of the restaurant. They truly turned my experience around and saved my sour experience!

Room Tip: I would always opt for the Concierge. Not only for the concierge convenience of continental breakfa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank MLink87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,571)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were very pleased with the resort. Of course I would have preferred the Polynesian or Animal Kingdom Lodge but, for the amount of money vs the amount of time in room just wasn't worth it for us. We did pay for a preferred room and it was well worth the little extra. This put us much closer to the food courts and which was nice. The resort is very large. We never made the mile hike to see the pool but our friends said it was nice. There are 4 bus stops for the resort which take some time so plan accordingly. We had plenty of room for 3 adults and 2 kids. I would recommend this resort and would be happy to stay there again.

One more thing.... Keep the resort map with you, you will get lost the first couple of days.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Erin T
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I are pass holders for several years now. We have stayed at several of the hotels and at this hotel before. Very disappointed in this stay. We had stayed last year and had a wonderful time, everything was perfect. This time it was HORRIBLE!! I will try to keep this short and will have to skip over much of what happened and screw ups the hotel did. A lot of stuff did happened but can't write ALL of it down, it would take too long. We had planned this trip for months for ourselves, our adult children, 4 grandchildren and some other family member's. It was our grand children's first Disney experience, one of them it was their birthday as well as being first Disney trip for 2 other adults in our group. We were going to go to Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Animal Kingdom on Sunday. March 22 & 23, 2014. No we did not know it was Spring Break as we do not have kids in school any longer and the hotel never mentioned it. I didn't go through normal reservations to do it. I went through a manager. All reservations had been set up a month and a half in advance for 12 of us. 3 rooms at Disney Corinado Springs. It was supposed to be lake view/beach in the Cabana's bottom floor with 2 connecting rooms and and third next to them. They sent us all our magic bands a few weeks before the stay. Every week I checked on everything with the girl who set it all up. All our reservations and bands were connected and all was in order. The morning on our way to the resort we received a call from a manager saying they couldn't give us the rooms we requested and would we take other rooms. Still lake view. We did. Got to the hotel and it all went down from there. It took almost 3 hours between standing in line and check in before we ever got to the rooms. The girl at check in messed everything up and gave us wrong info on our tickets and magic bands also. She messed up prices, magic bands, everything. She acted like she did not know what she was doing and some of the stuff she said and did was really odd. Manager became involved after I had to ask several times for one.They still messed it up. Because of all the screw ups they did that entire day and the next day we did not get the Magical Disney experience we paid for and looked forward to. The 3 rooms were NOT what we had paid for. Sloppily made up. Housekeeping did horrible job cleaning nor was the microwaves set up, they were on chairs and one on the floor. No blankets just sheets on bed that were not tucked in and looked like they had been laid on, only 2 towels in the room, Fridges were not on like I had requested for children's milk and special food. Spoke to manager, they said they would take care of it before we got back. They did not all 3 times we asked that day. Buses did not come like we were told. We sat at bus stop for over 40 min each trip and there wasn't even a long line for the buses! One bus driver would not even let us off at our bus stop when he missed it, was going to make us ride all the way back to the park! We only got 1 hr at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday because the check in girl at hotel messed up the magic bands and invalidated several of them some how. We stood in line at the park for over an hour and a half trying to get it all fixed and were told the check in girl at registration messed up. We had to do that THREE times....! We were told each time someone at hotel messed up our magic bands. Got back to hotel and tried to fix it all with manager and was told a manager the next day would call me at 7:30am to fix so we would not miss out on any more second day at park....They did NOT. We ended up in lobby with manager for another several hours trying to fix everything. We never even got to have breakfast that day because of the bull trying to get fixed. Turns out they didn't. Got to park after 3pm because of it and discovered magic bands still messed up. They even had to get a replacement ticket to replace the one we already had because it got invalidated by the hotel somehow and "disappeared" off their system. When we got back to hotel I tried to speak to management again. That woman was very nasty and rude. Would not tell me hotel manager's name or number or even let me speak to someone over her. It took the Maya restaurant manager's intervention to even get me the hotel manager's name and number. I got home from vacation stressed out and very upset. It took me days to get anyone to talk to us. I had to beg them to fix things and make our ruined vacation right. They promised us the bare minimum on resolving it. Do I think the little they offered fixed or made it right...NO. They refused to do what I requested and were very selfish in what they offered. Its been 3 weeks since our vacation and they STILL have not done what they said they would do. I don't feel I should have had to ask them to make any of their screw ups right...they should have done immediately. The way they have treated us has NOT been in the true Disney spirit. In all...we paid for 10-3 day tickets, 3 hotel rooms, gas for 4 cars to get to Disney, ALL the food (also at T-Rex restaurant) and what did we actually get.....Did NOT get to celebrate one child's birthday with cake and stuff we planned to do for it because we were having to spend to much time trying to get manager's to straighten out all the problems, we got only 1 hr at Magic Kingdom on Sat...Never got to go to Animal Kingdom on Sunday because we had to go back to Magic Kingdom for the kids. We only got a few hours in at that park on Sunday. Even with fast passes. We never got to see any of the characters like we planned for the kids. We got nothing but rudeness from the hotel staff and management. Only one desk manager even apologized to us and admitted that they really screwed up and should be either giving us our money back or fixing it the right way. WHY has it been 3 weeks since our trip and they still have NOT done what they said they would? Why did I have to beg them to do what was right and even then they would only go a quarter of the way to fix.???? What happened to Disney magic and spirit? Sometimes even after all your planning and rechecking things mess up. I wouldn't have minded if it was only one or two mess ups they did that weekend, I can understand stuff like that....but so MANY mess ups on top of their rudeness and them not wanting to fix things really was disappointing.

Room Tip: Sometimes even after all your planning and rechecking things mess up. I wouldn't have minded if...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank Tammy S
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Me & my boyfriend (both aged 25) stayed here for two weeks and absolutely loved it. The staff couldn't do enough for us. We paid for a standard room but we got upgraded for free. We stayed in Casitas top floor water view. The room was lovely and immaculate. The whole of this hotel is huge so base where you want your room on what is more important to you (pool or food/lobby). But even if you are a little walk away the walks around this hotel are beautiful. There are plenty bus stops around the hotel to take you to the parks so don't worry about being close to them. We ate at the hotel a couple of times which was nice enough but we ate mainly at the parks as we had the dining plan. The main pool is really good, it was busy but big enough that you weren't surrounded by people and kids. There is a water slide and pool side activities. We took advantage of when we bought things in the parks to have them taken to the hotel so we didn't have to carry stuff around which was nice! This hotel has got a convention centre but we didn't really notice the business part as the whole grounds are so large. This hotel is not covered in bright colours and Disney themed stuff so if that is what you want for your children then you won't have that here. But there were plenty of children at this hotel and families all seemed to be very happy at the pools etc. There are also two small separate pools if you want to have a quiet swim or relax. Our room got cleaned thoroughly every day and if we needed anything extra in our room we left a little note and the house keeper always obliged and also left towels etc tided into mickey shapes which was a nice touch. I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel. And we are planning to stay at this hotel again when we next visit.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank _J_L_C_4_X
New York
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Let me start by saying that I have stayed onsite at all of the Disney Value and Moderate resorts over the past 10 years. I love Disney and the way being at Disney makes me feel. This was the first time staying at Coronado Springs. I must say that the staff at Coronado Springs does not meet the Disney standards that I have come to appreciate and expect in other Disney hotels. I found the outside of the buildings and grounds to be well kept and up to Disney standards. The hotel caters to conventions and Disney theming in almost nonexistent. Walking around the resort does not give the Disney vacation feeling with convention attendees at every turn. If your children are looking for Disney characters, they will not find them here. The resort is very large and the back area, the Ranchos is a very long walk to the central area and restaurants. It is close to the main pool. I think families with small children would have a difficult time at this resort. The food court is very busy and the quality of food was that of a normal food court. I did encounter one rude employee who tried to give me a meal that was already boxed and cold. When I told him I wanted a fresh one, he took the patty off the bun, cheese and all, threw it in grill flames for a second and tried to give it back to me. It was then hot and rock hard, with burnt cheese. No Disney magic here. From the check in, our week was filled with numerous issues because the staff did not seem to be trained or competent to do their jobs.
I had sent a package to the hotel a week before via UPS. We had tracked the package and it was delivered and signed for on Thursday. When we arrived on Saturday, the cast member checked in the back and with the business center. No one knew where our package had been put.The cast member said there is nothing she could do if the package was not there. She did not seem to understand we had a tracking # showing it was signed for. I asked for a mgr. who escorted us to the business center who found our package. The cast member had given the business center the wrong name to look for.
We had a linked reservation and needed to check in for the rest of our vacation the second day. The cast member could not the link our magic bands with our tickets correctly. Spent over 30 minutes with the concierge to get that corrected. I put a credit card on the second reservation for charging. Went to the food court for lunch. Tried to use the magic bands to pay, was told I was over the credit limit. Back to find a manager to fix. The cast member had set our credit limit at zero. I had to call three times to get our room cleaned that day. Apparently, housekeeping did not know we were continuing on a linked reservation. Very rude people in the housekeeping area.
We decided to stay one extra day because the weather was great and the parks not that busy. The cast member set everything up and told me we could extend for the same rate. When we were billed, they charged us a much higher rate. Back to a manager to get the bill corrected. The morning we were leaving our magic bands stopped working around 8 am. I assume from them correcting our bill. Back to a manager to get them fixed to get back in the room.
I think Coronado Springs would be fine for attending a convention as it seems that is who they cater to. Not for someone who wants a Disney vacation. Wasted way too much time fixing things rather than relaxing and enjoying my vacation.

Room Tip: if you do not want to walk a lot do not accept a Ranchos room at the rear of the property. Ask for a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank WalkerNewYork
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Signs into property do not give definitive route. Leave your bags in the car and check-in. Your room will be a half to a mile away. I was here for a convention. Should have packed a lunch to get from the room to the convention center. Finger foods at the exhibition hall were in a word, terrible! Sit down lunch food (sponsored by the convention) was pretty good. Restaurants had typical Disney park fare -- I wasn't impressed. The room was very nice. Having said that, a compressor whine (attached to the refrigerator) kept me awake most of the night. My clock radio had no light, so I had to turn on the overhead light to see the time in the dark. I'm sorry to rate this only average, but the LONG walk every morning and evening made me wish I was somewhere else. If it rains, you better have an umbrella.

Room Tip: If you're going to a conference, ask for Casitas 1. It's closer.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank shlmstr
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Great visit and service. Like the lack of key and the arm band - no reason to carry keys, money or credit cards. Bus service to the parks because they are not in walking distance. Nice walking path around the lake. Very nice convention center and great service.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business