“Disney with Mexican flare”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #172 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My three children and I spent two nights here. We found the bus system to be very efficient. The pool is beautiful, but a little on the small side. There doesn't seem to be quite as much for children to do here compared with other Disney resorts, but overall a neat place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank tiffanycholmes
Write a ReviewReviews (6,264)

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our first trip with our 10.5 month old son and we were excited to get to warm weather with him. When we entered the room, I wasn't impressed and was surprised there was no bed for my son even though we clearly stated that an infant would be in the room. We called around 1pm for it and after numerous calls, it finally arrived at 1030pm. The food at the pepper market was average for all meals and most of the people in our party ended up with sour stomachs from it. On a positive note, the property is well maintained and the pool is nice and big. However, I wouldn't go back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was my second time staying here, once was when I was a kid and now as an adult and I felt the same way both times. It just looks like a Best Western Plus type hotel and has a very business vibe since it has the conference center, it is much different from any other Disney resort I have ever stayed at. Also, I think it is just too big, i prefer the much smaller resorts as they are easier to navigate and less complicated when dealing with the transportation system.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We try to stay at Coronado Springs whenever we go to Disney. It is by far the best Disney Resort we've stayed in. We have stayed in pretty much every Moderate resort and also have stayed in the Contemporary, and we like Coronado Springs the best. The grounds are well maintained & the room is nice. The room has a mini fridge and the housekeepers do an excellent job!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at this resort while on a tour of Disney World and the Disney Cruise lines. I had the opportunity to tour quite a few of the resorts and I'd choose any others over this property. For one of their moderate priced hotels I was not impressed. The rooms are old and dated and musty smelling, and the property is so spread out that it was only by accident that I even found the main pool.

The staff (ie cast) was friendly and having a Magic Band for properties, room keys, meal plans, fast passes, etc... was a HUGE perk! I would definitely choose a property within the Walt Disney World choices over being off the property... it is worth it for the convenience of: No parking charges, buses and monorails to take you anywhere you want to go, the Magic Band is AWESOME!

I had the chance to view many of the resorts while there... so feel free to message me for ideas for your trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank TnDking
Reviewed March 12, 2014

First time in many trips to Disney resorts that we had a terrible experience. Rooms were musty and smelled of mold. Carpets and comforters were dirty. Hair in sink and tub. Would not recommend the Coronado for any reason. We were there prior to a Disney Cruise and are thankful it was only one night.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark E
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This resort was nice, the theme was typical Disney greatness, but the rooms were very expensive for the size and amenities... We attended for a conference at the attached convention center which was extremely convenient, and the whole Disney transportation system made it so that we didn't have to drive our own vehicle, but the room rates were extremely expensive compared to the other comparable hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business