“Princess Marathon Weekend Accomodations”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #174 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Orono, Maine
“Princess Marathon Weekend Accomodations”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

AS a participant of Team in Training, I stayed here for 5 days during the Princess Half Marathon. The rooms we were given were a 15 minute walk from the front desk, but i was offered a ride by a bellman on a golf cart. My sister, however, was told she had to walk. I think you just have to ask for a ride. It's a nice walk but after travelling... you may be tired.
The rooms are somewhat dreary and dark, but the beds are comfortable with good linens, and updated TVs. Wireless is free and easy to access.
The pool and hot tub were great, and there is a big slide from what appears to be the ruins at Macchu Piccu. There is a snack bar at the pool.
We ate breakfast in the food court, and although everything is quite expensive, it is easy to navigate. They stamp a card with each item and you pay as you leave. You can use your Mickey band to charge.
Everyone at a Disney resort is under orders to be friendly, it seems. The transportation helper says that "everyone does what Disney says."
It was a great way to get away from crowds of the Magic Kingdom and the cold of New ENgland
and getting to and from the parks was easy with the buses.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the bus stop.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank kathylena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,572)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I've been here a half-hour, and already a disaster. The hotel is set up as a bunch of different buildings spread around the grounds. Now here's something Disney apparently did not realize -- it rains in Orlando! A lot! I check in, and am told that my room is on the opposite side of the grounds from Registration. There is no covered pathway to it, and they have no convenient shuttle service to the building. At Bell Services, they told me they had transportation, which I'd have to wait 45 MINUTES to take, and I couldn't take my carry on luggage with me -- they'd have to have that delivered separately, however long that takes.

So I end up slogging to my room in the pouring rain, trying to find the signs pointing to the Rancho buildings. But guess what -- at one fork, they decide not to have a sign pointing to the Ranchos. Luckily, there was a guy behind me to tell me which way to go, otherwise I would have chosen the wrong way.

When I get to the building, the water had gathered on the sidewalk up to my ankles -- again, Disney is shocked, shocked that it was raining, so I end up in my room wet, with soaking feet. I'll never come back to this dump.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank woocane
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Coronado is one of the best places to stay in Disney World. The main thing is the dinning. It is great for the entire family and not too high priced. My family had ribs, a vegetable, drink and potatoes for under ten dollars. They have a buffet=type service and it is great. One of the best meals I had on my trip. The pools are wonderful! They have so many. I loved the walking or running path that circles the entire lake in the middle of the hotels. For the price, this can not be topped. there is always something to do at the Coronado. I would not stay any where else.

Room Tip: Get a room next to the lake that faces Epcot. At night you can see the fireworks. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 940TexasGirl
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had a double room (2 queen beds) with a small desk, flat screen TV and single sink vanity. The closet is open by the vanity and there are double doors that can be closed to hide the vanity/ bathroom. There is a very small safe in the closet/ vanity area. The bathroom has a toilet and tub with a shower curtain. The bathroom was clean but small and older in style with plain tiles. The room was almost identical in size and layout to a room I stayed in at the All-Star Music Resort in 2012. The difference is the Coronado room is better appointed with contemporary colors and design (similar to a Westin), with subtle hints of Mickey/ Disney.

What I liked- the resort is quiet; a full coffee/ espresso bar; lots of pools and spaces for relaxation & privacy; the typical Disney store (large) with snacks, drinks, etc. and has an adult bar. I was able to get into my room at 10am.

Next time I will check-in for my room online to expedite getting into my room and avoid the check-in line. My stay was short, so I did not get a meal plan. The new Magic bands are convenient, working on sensors to make purchases throughout the resort and park. Another new process is the sensors on the bottom of the drink cups that limit the amount of fountain drinks dispensed to 16 oz in the cafeteria style restaurants. You can buy a refillable mug for $8.99 1 Day; $11.99 2 Days; $14.99 3 Days; $17.99 Length of Stay.

My room overlooked a parking lot, but I did not care. It is a motel style outdoor hallway, so your window faces the walkway. I just kept the curtains closed.

In contrast to All-Star Music, the younger guests did not overwhelm (pools, cafeteria, etc.) this resort the way they do at All-Star.

The resort encircles a 22-acre lake. Near my room was a small beach with enticing hammocks. Because of the lake, the resort is spread out with lots of walking paths and bridges, plan to do some walking to reach the lobby, pools and restaurants. There are Disney drivers with golf carts who will help transport you to the main lobby. You can also use the buses for the parks to get to the lobby, there are four stops on the resort. The buses run the stops in reverse order from 4 through 1 with 1 being the lobby. If you are just going from your room to the lobby, it does not matter which bus you ride. Buses start ~7 am (1 hour before the parks open) and run until about 10pm (1 hour after parks/ Downtown Disney closes).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Molly2903
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Chose this resort because it was adult friendly, convention crowd, although we were on vacation as a couple, no kids! When we checked in at the resort, we had used the magical service where your bags will be delivered to your room...so when the front desk member sent us off to our room, we had no idea how difficult it would be to find in the dark. So PLEASE tell people that they should take assistance to find their room.

Secondly, the food choices at the resort are awful and unhealthy. We decided to get salads at the deli area and the lettuce was wilted, the chicken slimy. When we ordered room service, the eggs were delivered in a plastic container with plastic forks. and tasted awful. Healthy food choices are a necessity. Rooms were comfy and the resort is pretty. Our maid service was special with a towel shaped as Mickey Mouse. Would stay at another resort next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen P
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I read with interest the criticisms of the Coronado Springs Resort before our recent stay -- primarily that it was too big. Knowing that this is a Convention/Conference Center, and knowing that this is, after all, DisneyWorld, be prepared -- it's a HUGE resort on a lot of ground! We requested a room near one of the 4 bus stops on the property but honestly, other than check-in, didn't go back to the main desk/registration area. The rooms were clean and spacious, the beds comfortable. The grounds were beautiful but our weekend stay didn't leave much time to try out the pools or other amenities.

Room Tip: Request a room in 7A/B -- it's very close to a bus stop.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Anna M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have stayed here 3 times, and are staying again in July for our daughter's dance competition. I am a fairly tough critic, and continue to go to this resort. When people complain about it being expensive, it is. It is Disney. Every resort on the property is expensive. This is a "moderate" resort according to Disney and it is priced the same as the other moderates. Being that it is a large property, there are more rooms allocated when there is a discount, so in reality, it CAN be on the lower end price of the Moderate resorts.

The housekeeping is the main thing at this resort that I think need attention. I am not sure if they need to hire more so they can be more thorough or if they need to be retrained. But, something needs to be done. While I can't say we've ever checked into find a dirty room, there have been times when our room has not been touched when we are gone from 7 am-10 pm. Is that acceptable - absolutely not. Is it going to ruin my vacation - no. When I pay a premium to stay on Disney's property, they need to pay attention to detail. They should leave 4 sets of towels in a room for 4 people. I should not have to call every time for more because they leave only 2 sets. It needs to be corrected.

The staff has always been wonderful. This visit in December, everyone we encountered was wonderful, and friendly. We have never been a big fan of the Pepper Market set up, but the food is fresh and made to order and good enough for a resort food court. The kids love the pool. The grounds are beautiful. The location is great. I certainly hope they get their housekeeping addressed. I will continue to contact the front desk when I am there to get what I need, but it will not stop me from staying here. I have had similar experiences at one of the Deluxe properties as almost twice the cost.

Another suggestion - if you can...stay in Business Class! All the rooms are in Cabanas 9B - closest to El Centro and also to a bus stop! You get access to the lounge with continental breakfast in the morning, snacks and deserts in the evening - as well as beer, wine and sangria. It is worth the small difference in price!

Room Tip: Go for Business Class! No elevators - we prefer first floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family