“Something missing- where the squirrels don't move”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #173 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 19, 2013

As a frequent Disney traveler I feel like I know the park, I know what to expect and where the magic is. Look as I could, I just didn't find it here. No one made me feel special. When my family stays on a Disney resort we like that we are transported out of this world to a world of magic. We never encountered the magic at Coronado. The people were nice, the room was clean and very nicely decorated. The hammocks were great to lay and relax in. The buses were convenient and frequent. The place was busy, and the people made it known they were busy, they were gruff and short and never once put on the facade that they were there to entertain us, share magic or joke, the feeling was that they were there to work. The restaurants were ok. When I thought about it more I think that it was because a convention center. They seemed to cater more to business people than families on vacation. They wanted to process people in and out as quickly as possible. And yes, the squirrels don't move.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Flakenbake
Write a ReviewReviews (6,326)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We are currently on vacation and just checked in to the resort and our room is horrible. It was harf to find and when we did it smells like smoke. The room is patched together and nasty. No where near the quality when we stayed at Port of Orleans Riverside. The room is very dated and old! We visit Disney every year and this is not what we expected.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank millerman929
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is typical of Disney. Beautiful grounds and lobby, rooms and restaurants are of course overpriced. The food was average and servings a bit large. We did buy the fountain drink refill cups and that is definitely a good value. The grounds are kept very clean and it is a very pretty resort. Rooms were not as clean as I would expect from Disney. Our room was in Building 7B a good size but the bathroom smelled funny and had mildew on the ceiling. Staff was friendly and helpful. It is a very large property so be prepared for some walking to and from the main areas such as pool, lobby and convention area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed December 15, 2013

$300 for 2 nights in a dumpy motel, complete with concrete walls. I stayed here for an event at the convention center so the proximity to disney was not important to me. I asked for a room close to the convention center in the same building as friends. I was assigned a room in the building farthest from the convention center, friend was 2 buildings away. I called disney ahead of time to confirm this request, was told "no problem". Disney tells you what you want to hear, but does what is easiest for them. My friend's room was not available for 2 hours after checkin time. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CAL104
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice grounds at this hotel but the rooms are small and ours was dirty at check-in (toilet had not been cleaned, towels had stains.) also the toilet ran all night and the thermostat was broken. Terrible, and when you think about how much the Disney hotels cost, even the "moderate" ones...

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank uigrl
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I like the hotel the rooms are clean, it is easy to get to from anywhere on Disney property, it is landscaped very nice, the pool area is really nice, although it was too cold to use while we were there. I did not like the food court at all, we ate supper and breakfast there and neither one was any good, the only thing we ate there that I thought was any good was the pizza, I did like that. They don't have many options for snacks or drinks, I was really disappointed with that, but overall it isn't a bad place. The staff were all very nice and helpful, the hotel is very pretty I just did not like the food court at all I personally think it is the worse one on Disney property

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just came back from the best holiday of our life and the hotel was a massive part of that. A great pool area that I didnt expect to use that much, but felt like we wanted in every day. The magic touches the housekeepers did with my kids toys every time that they did the room was fantastic. The food was good and as part of the dining plan even better with the magic band! Transportation easy to parks and really dont have much bad to say about it at all.

Room Tip: We stayed at castilas area - yes the park is big, but it is so pretty that it actually doesnt matter...