“It wasn't bad.”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #173 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a tough pick between 3 and 4 stars.It wasn't a bad place to stay at. The room was very clean and it was very well kept. The bathroom area was really nice with the privacy doors, first time I ever been at a place like this. There really isn't anything bad to say about the price. It was a bit pricey but it is to be expected of Disney World though. Overall not bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (6,389)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I just got back from Disney Coronado springs resort. My husband and I stayed for 8 Days. The room was very clean, Housekeeping came everyday. replaced towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner. The sheets were clean, The Bathrooms was clean. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.The food was good and the restaurant was clean. Anyone who complains about how much it cost to be at Disney you have to think its Disney IT'S NOT CHEAP. This is a great resort for a vacation and it is a experience of a life time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Eileen T
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The room was clean,and so was the hotel. Very friendly disney cast(staff)! The hotel is a little far from magic kingdom but we knew that. Took full advantage of the disney shuttle and never had to wait for one! Would very much go back!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lexi1720
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have been to Disney properties over fifty times. I had never been to this one. My husband restores classic cars, and there was a convention here for that. I was very pleasantly surprised that this place, in spite of its size, is very user friendly and convenient. Nice café Rix for just a quick bite: nice restaurants in case you want more: and a limited room service for days of exhaustion. Absolutely gorgeous, stellar six star pool area with all the amenities- hot tub, kiddy pool, water slide, pool bar and café, plenty of towels- also, if you want a quiet room, go for the Ranchos, as they are in the back. If you want closer in, get a preferred room. There are localized laundry facilities. Disney bus service, which brings you out to your own bus stop. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful, landscaped and themed and very top drawer, in spite of being a "moderate" hotel. For families this is great. For just us, it was also very nice. I give it top grades.

Room Tip: Get the "Ranchos" section for a quiet room, a "preferred" room to be closer to t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank artprof98
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at Coronado Springs in October with two adjoining rooms so our 3 kids could stay in one room and we could stay in another. The hotel accommodated us with a foldup bed so each kid could have his/her own bed. I find it's easier to get them to sleep if they are not sharing. If there hadn't been a foldup available, the two beds already in the room were both doubles and could have accommodated two children each. The rooms were no-frills but clean and had small refrigerators, so we ate cereal for breakfast in the room each morning. We were able to get half gallons of skim milk at the gift shop in the lobby, and brought cereal with us. It would have been helpful to have a table in the room on which to eat, so we made a bit of a mess each day, with two kids eating at the desks, and the rest of us sitting up in the bed or on the floor.

We were only at Disney for 5 days, so we chose this hotel for the location and the ease of shuttle use, deciding to use the Disney Dining Plan instead of taking the time to go off premises and look for chain restaurants that we could all agree upon. We also liked the look of the pool, which lived up to expectations. The shuttles come every 20 minutes and are very easy to use. I think we once used a taxi at night to get back to the hotel a little quicker but it really wasn't necessary. We did also rent a car so we could go to Kennedy Space Center, which was really cool (not great for the 5 year old, but not awful either). The 9 and 11 year olds liked it a lot once their expectations were adjusted to not expect any super-duper rides there. It was educational and for me at least, awe inspiring.

The restaurant staff was really friendly at the self service restaurant, and the salads were good. Don't forget to tip them even if you have a counter service plan, as they work hard to serve drinks and clear tables.

The pool was excellent; nice and warm, and had a great slide for the children. On the last day we were there, we went swimming in the mid-morning, and there were so few people at the pool I was actually able to do laps. The gym was perfectly adequate too.

Room Tip: They all seem like good rooms, but we like to walk since we eat so much on vacation. There are many...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Happygolucky195
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We really enjoyed this resort. Most people were very friendly. Cathy at checkin needs a little work. Quite disorganized. Rooms were great. Nothing fancy but clean. Would stay here again, maybe for our fifty to.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was booked for my family by my inlaws as a family trip, so I never had any say so in where to stay. I've stayed at the Swan before, another Disney resort, but never Cornado Springs. I was very happy with this location. My one and only complaint is that the location is SO big that it was a 5 minute walk to the main "lobby." Otherwise, the rooms were great, they were spotless (clean), the staff went above and beyond when cleaning rooms (left their names and notes, and a special touch with either a Mickey towel or other creation - we stayed 4 nights, each day was a different surprise), special messages from mngmnt (and Mickey of course) on the voice mail, easy to make wake up calls, and of course the new Magic Band, instead of room keys. We especially loved the staff at the pool (the one with the slide...there's several pools there), who were playing games with the kids, handing out prizes, dancing, etc. They were fantastic, even in October, when guests were sparse. I can't comment on the price, as I don't know it (paid by in-laws), but with all the transportation included to the parks and airport, I'm sure it's worth it. I would LOVE to stay here again, and will if at all possible in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Yakola
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!