We had considered our options when planning our Disney Florida holiday.
The choices were either staying outside of the Disney complex or otherwise book a Disney resort and be locked into the area. We chose a Disney resort. You are then classed as a "Disney guest" entitling you to free airport transfers, a dining plan and free airport shuttles. You also have the benefit of the early and late closing times for the theme parks as a Disney guest.
More on these benefits later.
The Coronado Springs resort is large. The grounds were immaculately maintained. Transport was available for rooms distant from the Lobby. We didn't mind the walk to our room at all.
Bag transfer on arrival is even available to your room from the airport.
We are a family of four with two teenagers. We booked two rooms. The rooms ended up being a fair way apart. Our kids are of the age now that the separation wasn't an issue.
The rooms were dated. Actually the rooms were EXTREMELY dated and did smell musty.
However, the rooms were clean and very well maintained. The beds were large and comfortable. There was a fridge and coffee making in the room. Wi Fi was available in the room. We also had a fridge.
The most important thing for us was a good night's sleep. We found the resort to be very quiet at night. Despite our distance from the lobby there was a free Disney Shuttle bus stop one minute's walk from our room.
Our room was a good 8 minute walk from the Lobby. We enjoyed the stroll each time.
We were concerned at being locked into a Disney resort. Food and beverage prices were reasonable. They weren't cheap but I guess they could have been a lot more expensive. We found quite a variety and ate breakfast each morning in the restaurant area called "The Pepper Market".
Prices for this resort varied immensely. We found it cheaper to book through another party rather than direct through Disney. BUT......if you elect to do it this way you cannot join a Disney dining plan so do the sums for your group or family.
Also.......when booking direct with Disney the dining plans and free transfers are basically just button clicks on-line. We had to contact the resort separately to organise our free airport transfers because we didn't book directly with Disney.
We were happy with the Coronado Springs. On our day of arrival resort staff had checked in 1600 guests as there was a conference there. Check in was conducted quickly despite the numbers and there were extra Concierge staff present.
Disney do it well whether it be the free transport, the resorts or the theme parks. Probably the best thing is the new Disney wrist bands you are issued with. These wrist bands (if you want them to be) are your door key, are your theme park entry, your fast pass entry and enable you to have items charged (securely) to your room. The wrist bands operate inter-actively via an IPhone App enabling you to pre book up to three fast passes at once, check ride wait times, navigate the theme parks and after all that you can keep them as a souvenir.
My son lost his wrist band on one theme park ride and Disney Guest Relations staff cancelled his lost band, replaced and reprogrammed his new one in just a few minutes.
In closing our Coronado Springs stay was memorable as was our Florida Disney experience. We would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando