“Not for families traveling with children”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #173 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We booked this hotel because at the time of booking it was the only moderate resort available. We were traveling with 2 children, 2 & 6 in a preferred room and requested ground floor. We ended up in building 3 which was NOT close the bus stop or the food court so the extra money for the preferred room was a waste of money. The bus system was so slow that if you are traveling with children I would highly suggest renting a car. There are 4 stops within the resort which makes the traveling time even longer. The food court (Pepper Market) is a joke. They seat you and the waitress/waiter will get your drinks while you wait in long lines to get your food and when your done eating you have to wait AGAIN to check out. Then you are expected to tip, which I wouldn't mind if sitting at a restaurant. The refillable mugs are also limited. There is only 2 stations. 1 at the RIX which is open all the time and the other at the pool which is only open during pool hours and you have WAIT IN LINE to get refills. Long story short if you have little ones traveling with you do not book this hotel. You will be waiting too long for the buses, food and the walk to everything is too far. My best suggestion would be the POR FQ due to the size and food court. Like many other reviews this hotel does not feel like a Disney Resort and it sure doesn't provide the service like Disney.

Room Tip: Only book standard rooms-Preferred rooms are NOT worth the cost and still far from the bus and food...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nikki101807
Write a ReviewReviews (6,383)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I honestly don't know what the rave is about this place other than the grounds which are actually very nice.

I booked the Coronado early in the year as I knew quite a few people who had stayed there and liked it a lot. I booked a preferred room with a king size bed for my honeymoon.

My husband and I arrived early in the day so that we could have the whole day to enjoy the parks. We were given a crummy room with 2 double beds on a first floor corner, right next to the pool. Not to mention, when I booked the reservation over the phone, it was noted in the reservation that we we would be celebrating our honeymoon. We didn't get a single congratulations during check-in.

When we went back to the check-in counter we waited about half an hour to speak to someone, who although was very nice and apologetic, could not do anything for us.

We found a manager to speak to separately, and after explaining we were on our honeymoon and not happy with the room, (still no congratulations, by the way), he was very unhelpful and said there was nothing they could do, and maybe we should stay at another resort.

After some time, he "magically" found another room for us. He was less than helpful to say the least, and clearly doesn't know anything about customer service.

Our new room was not ready for quite a few hours later and before we knew it we had wasted an entire day trying to sort out thesituation.

The room was old, poorly decorated, and not well-lit. There were no bed-side lamps, and the air conditioner did not seem to work properly. I've paid way less to stay in other hotels that were much nicer. For $230 a night, I expected a half decent room, and a congratulations on our marriage.

After many phone calls and an email to guest relations, I spoke to a manager who arranged balloons be put in our room, and "VIP" seating at Epcot's fireworks, which really is just an area roped off for a few select people, but nothing special.

I'm extremely disappointed in the Coronado and its complete lack of service. I cannot recommend that anyone stay here, especially if you are celebrating an occasion.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nicole z
Reviewed November 1, 2013

There is four things you need to know before you book this resort:

1) This is a resort, a land with many buildings... You will have to walk, sometimes 5-7 minutes to get to the pool or the lobby. If you need your car to get to the convenience store at the corner of your street, this resort is not for you.

2) The room doors open ... To the outside of the building, Motel style. I am not a big fan since I hate bugs so I settled the problem by not allowing housekeeping during my stay (I was careful everytime I opened the door).

3) Theming is toned down but that doesn't mean there are no signs you're in Disney. There are mickey shapes on the bedding and around the mirror. There is also animal towels.

4) The bathroom need refurbishment but are still very clean.

Everything else is perfect. The room was perfectly clean when we got in. It was also bigger than expected. The beds were comfortable. The fridge was bigger than expected and worked perfectly. We had more more than enough space for our stuff. Wi-Fi was the best we had in all WDW.

The grounds are beautiful and so clean. The buildings are freshly painted. The landcape in each parts (casitas, ranchos, cabanas) is original and pretty. It's my fourth Disney Resort and I think Coronado has the best pool, so far. Also, funny thing, we used to think that the water was cold in every other resort, but not this one. The water was warm andwe could have stayed in the pool the whole day.

Staff was very nice and polite. The bus service was efficient except for that one day when it took 20 minutes to get a bus for Downtown Disney in the morning. Every other bus, we never waited more than 5 minutes.

Pepper Market does not charge gratuity (I guess it changed) anymore and although we preferred Café Rix for breakfast, we had a good experience for lunch.

Sorry, I don't understand the bad reviews about this resort at all! With the exception of the room doors (outside) motel style, everything else made me feel like I was in a Deluxe...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank douceophelie
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed the first week of oct 2013. (for my 30th bday) This resort was awesome! we were in building 8a (cabana). It wasn't a far walk to lobby, just across a bridge. we didn't mind at all. Room was spacious, had a nice tv. and vanity area. The pool and hot tub were amazing, food was great! Especially breakfast! Staff was friendly and helpful! Never had to wait over 15 mins for a shuttle to parks and we felt like it was a good location in Disney! They even checked our bags in to our flight before checking out. Saved us a bunch of time and head aches. This place is truly great...hope to go back soon!!

Room Tip: Building 8a, was close to pool and bus stop! not too far from lobby
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kelz25
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was our first stay at Coronado and we loved it. Our family usually stays in the deluxe resorts or dvc villas, so I was expecting a significant difference since Coronado is less than half the price. Our room was clean and well decorated. There was a pool, health club, and bus stop all within a three minute walk of the room. The Pepper Market quick serve is the best quick serve option on Disney Property. Food is made to order and there are more options than at the usual quick serves. There was also a grab and go counter with salads and baked goods. The building layouts could be a bit confusing, but it was a nice change from the cookie cutter block buildings. It was nice to wander among the buildings and discover garden areas. We also experienced an easy check in, friendly concierge staff, and quick and helpful bell attendants. We will definitely stay here again and this will become our family favorite.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank katbah
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed one night here while attending a convention. What a beautiful resort. It is set around a pond and has three sections of accommodations which also circle the pond. The theme is Southwestern and Mexican and it nicely conveys that theme. Our room included a refrigerator as well as free wi fi and was clean and tastefully furnished. There is a bus system (which I did not utilize) to transport you to the parks, other hotels, and Downtown Disney.
The food is pricey, but all food is pricey when you are connected to Disney. We chose Rix which was the less expensive option and found the food to be very good. There is also a gift shop and three pools scattered throughout the property. It's a very pretty resort, quieter than most Disney resorts and well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Booked here for the week of Halloween to attend Epcot Food & Wine fest. From the front desk to the bus drivers, everything was great. But that's Disney for ya. It is a large resort but we enjoyed that so we had some separation from all the families and unruly children. The rooms were large and clean ( we stayed in a King). The bathrooms are a little out of date but how much time do you really spend there? Overall, for a Disney Resort experience without raping your pockets, this is an awesome choice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple