As a quiet family on a budget who still wanted a really nice, but not outrageously expensive Disney property, this was mostly a good choice for us. Yes, the main pool and restaurant were a walk, but a decent size pool was quite close. Appreciated having a fridge in room, and coffee maker (bring your own tea) and milk for purchase so we could eat breakfast in the room and save time/money. For the evening, the Rics market was really good on selection with a touch of international flare, plus the usual American giganto meat fare so this was among the best for choice and price food wise. Main pool was neat, had marshmallow roasts, play areas, all themed, etc.
We got a Disney Deal of 30% of and the look of the place and price made it all feel special. It's nice to be able to take the bus to the magic kingdom. And I'm sure it was quieter than the budget hotels. Plus our room had a nice sliding door feature that separated the bath area from the main room so one could bathe, do toiletries, etc and not disturb sleeping ones.
Now some not so good things... No small table and chairs to sit at; designed for power book users more than family fun. A bit beat up looking, especially the bathroom, wood work, the paint, the tiles, etc, all need sprucing up. Still noisy. Had gaggle of teens unsupervised hanging outside rooms and other public spaces talking loudly, horsing around. So instead of little kid noise you get older kid noise. The buses to and from the parks and remarkably inconsistent. We were there before the summer crush visiting MAgic Kingdom and Epcot, early in the week, and at the bus stop between 8 and 8:30 am. So lots of buses come by, but it took over 20 minutes for ours. C'mon Disney. At the prices people pay for a moderate room, you should commit to a 10 minute pick up policy in the morning, at least for the MK.
So a very nice place to stay, but for the price, you will get better value for the money off of the Disney compound, but if you want the full on experience of being there, I think this location is amongst the best choices, especially if you get a good price, it will be a good value for the money within the Disney world choices. Remember it is still big theme, but not targeted exclusively to younguns'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando