“Almost "Just Right"”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #177 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 26, 2013

As a quiet family on a budget who still wanted a really nice, but not outrageously expensive Disney property, this was mostly a good choice for us. Yes, the main pool and restaurant were a walk, but a decent size pool was quite close. Appreciated having a fridge in room, and coffee maker (bring your own tea) and milk for purchase so we could eat breakfast in the room and save time/money. For the evening, the Rics market was really good on selection with a touch of international flare, plus the usual American giganto meat fare so this was among the best for choice and price food wise. Main pool was neat, had marshmallow roasts, play areas, all themed, etc.

We got a Disney Deal of 30% of and the look of the place and price made it all feel special. It's nice to be able to take the bus to the magic kingdom. And I'm sure it was quieter than the budget hotels. Plus our room had a nice sliding door feature that separated the bath area from the main room so one could bathe, do toiletries, etc and not disturb sleeping ones.

Now some not so good things... No small table and chairs to sit at; designed for power book users more than family fun. A bit beat up looking, especially the bathroom, wood work, the paint, the tiles, etc, all need sprucing up. Still noisy. Had gaggle of teens unsupervised hanging outside rooms and other public spaces talking loudly, horsing around. So instead of little kid noise you get older kid noise. The buses to and from the parks and remarkably inconsistent. We were there before the summer crush visiting MAgic Kingdom and Epcot, early in the week, and at the bus stop between 8 and 8:30 am. So lots of buses come by, but it took over 20 minutes for ours. C'mon Disney. At the prices people pay for a moderate room, you should commit to a 10 minute pick up policy in the morning, at least for the MK.

So a very nice place to stay, but for the price, you will get better value for the money off of the Disney compound, but if you want the full on experience of being there, I think this location is amongst the best choices, especially if you get a good price, it will be a good value for the money within the Disney world choices. Remember it is still big theme, but not targeted exclusively to younguns'.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank univexrob
There are newer reviews for Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this resort for a company convention, so I did not pay for anything. However, the customer service that Disney is known for did not seem to be a priority during our stay. A group of us went down early to enjoy the Disney theme parks and relax before the convention started and the lady that checked us in to our room was not very friendly, for staters. Then when we went right over to purchase our park tickets for the next day and the lady did not even crack a smile as we asked her questions about park information. When we got into our room the night stand was so dusty we could write our name in it and the Kleenex's had not been refilled in the bathroom. The next morning at breakfast one of girls I was with at the "self serve resturant" asked the waiter if they had bananna's because she could not find any in the fruit section and he said " I am not sure you"ll have to back up and see". This is not the Disney service I know and love, and we were all very disappointed. The hotel itself is very large, do make sure you look at a map of it before you decide to book it. Also this hotel has a convention center attached which means that it can be very crowded at times. The resort was pretty, but the foliage throughout was not well manicured. I have stayed at other Disney resorts several times and this was not my favorite by no means...

2  Thank Robin K
Reviewed July 25, 2013

It is very spread out so it was a ten minute hike to the restaurant or to the fancy pool. The room had dark furnishings and pretty basic. It has been very rainy in Florida so the outside bar was pretty useless. The only restaurant is self serve which is great for soccer leagues but not very relaxing. The lobby was pretty and the staff were very friendly of course.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here in January. It was great. The rooms are not much bigger than the Value Hotel Rooms, but the resort feel is worth it. We loved the large heated pool with the fun slide. The kids enjoyed roasting smores every night. Our housekeeping staff kept our room clean and kept us provided with fresh towels. It is a large resort, but there were no problems with the buses. We stayed in 7B which is very convenient to the large pool and the pool side cafe. We were able to fill up our resort mugs there every afternoon and evening. The views of the property are amazing. I was very worried about some of the negative reviews, but I would stay here again. I think people need to remember how much traffic Disney resorts see. We were charged incorrectly for our meal plan at one of the parks (twice) and the concierge took care of it right away. My only complaint was that some of the employees didn't seem to know the bus schedule.

Room Tip: Everyone tries to stay near El Centro, but we were in 7B. This building was very convenient to the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimberly P
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My sister recently stayed here for our Sister's Weekend Getaway, and we LOVED it! Everything was nice and clean, and everyone was very nice and helpful. The food at Cafe Rix and the quick service was very good, but bland at times. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews about the walking distance, but it's not that bad. Honestly if you are walking around at the parks all day, it does not make that much of a difference to walk to your room. Make sure you ask if there is a bus stop by your room! If you are far from the desk (we were in Casitas 4) you can take any bus to the main lobby. The only negative thing I could see was walking to the big pool, there was some construction which took you down a dirt path going one way. Make sure you take the path to the right of the convention center, if you are looking at the lake. Overall it was a VERY pleasant experice, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay as close to the main lobby as you can (Casitas 1 & 2) if possible. Casitas 4 & 5 is a v...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Miranda C
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The spread out and spacious nature of this hotel make for a refreshing atmosphere. Nice to take a wander to the bar at night or grab a coffee and walk back to room. Seems from some other reviews that people have lost the ability to walk, granted if you are disabled or have difficulty then this may not be the best, on the other hand if you have a few pound or hundred pound to lose then this is the place, temptation is a healthy walk away and there is a superb gym (hardly used). The food area is lovely with a good choice of meals and as an Englishman I'm pleased to report a chef that can cook vegetables and something other than steak, ribs, burgers and pizza, huge choices. Bar area is very nice, rooms and staff are the usual Disney high standard. Had a few problems with not too bright staff members making mistakes on booking in but it was eventually sorted and some generous compensation given.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard A
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My employer sent me & my fellow property managers for a Leading Age conference & training at this resort. I had stayed here with a buddy of mine after he came home from Iraq in 2004 & military got free stays. I did not remember too much from then because we just crashed for sleep and bounced out away from all those annoying kids running around. Really parents? Must you let your little rug rats run around like rabid wolf packs?

Like all Disney resorts, it is conveniently located near all Disney attractions. The resort sprawled around a lake and the landscaping was perfect. The buildings were within walking distance of the conference centers & the dining. There was plenty of parking. The Disney buses ran frequently to all attractions. There is a main pool with concessions & a hot tub. It is centrally located in the resort within walking distance from all buildings. There was a gym & pool

The room was clean & the housekeeping was on point. The bed was comfortable, had warm comfy linen and had lots of pillows .... enough to film an all female lingerie pillow fight

The TV reception was great & remote control worked fine. OK. I understand I was in the happiest place on earth but do they have to have so many Disney channels? Talk about self promotion.

The room had free wifi so I could check my e-mails and it was fast enough for my needs. I didn't download any movies or go online gaming so I can't tell you if it is sufficient for those purposes.

The water was hot enough for me. It had a mini frig, coffee maker and NO microwave ... arrrggghhhh. I had to eat my bagels at room temperature and that makes me angry.

As with any resort, the dining experience is over priced. The roast pork, potatoes, & grilled veggies I had did taste quite good, though. The breakfast was nourishment.

The conference rooms were big enough to accommodate everyone and was located away from all those annoying kids & families running around ... so it was quiet & conducive to learning. The coffee, water & tea were available in sufficient quantity & promptly refilled when supplies were low.

Overall, the room was comfortable, the location was great, the resort is well designed, there are ample amenities, and plenty of parking. What more could you ask for.

The staff's appearance was always up to Disney's high standard ... friendly, helpful, well groomed, clean looking & smelling, and all that other pleasant stuff you wanna see in hospitality staff.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor. too many kids running around like the place is a play ground. Also...