Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
$92
$86
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$202
$161
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$154
$267
$212
$394
$303
Hotwire.com
6,535 results
All reviewspepper marketmaya grillel centrobus stopdig sitemain poolmain buildingcafe rixcasitas sectionfood courtdisney worldquiet pooldining planconvention centercast membersmoderate hotelgift shop
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our first stay at a moderate resort at Disney. It was very large and spread out but everything was a short walk away. Our room was comfortable and the pool was nice. We never had to wait long for a bus to the parks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I toured and stayed overnight at several Orlando area hotels, including this one, doing research on sites for our annual convention. Stayed here the final night of my trip, and luckily my room was complimentary. Otherwise I would have demanded my money back!

I was greeted in the lobby by a group sales associate, who gave me the impression from the very beginning that she was in a hurry and that our group was too small to be taken seriously by them. Although the appearance of the resort and conference center gave a good first impression, I became less and less impressed upon closer scrutiny. The conference center is huge, and meeting rooms had very high ceilings, both of which is normally a bonus. They were holding a convention for PetSmart employees on the day of my visit, and it was very crowded. Difficult to navigate the hallways due to the sheer number of people. I knew that my "small" group of only 150 attendees would quickly become lost if a larger group held their meetings during the same week as ours. I also became worried that we would get less than their full attention and therefore less than their best service if we hosted an event the same week as other groups.

Groups should also be aware that because this resort is so spread out, attendees who are staying in rooms across the property will take a long time to reach the conference center and may not make it to meetings on time. Some of the decor (especially colors) in the meeting rooms also looked pretty dated.

I checked into my room, which was a huge disappointment. It seemed a bit dark, dated, and dingy. It was also a long walk to the main concourse, so I had to trek outside in the heat and humidity to get dinner. Service at the restaurant was super slow, and the food only mediocre. Later that night, there was a group of PetSmart employees (they still had their convention name badges on) partying at the pool below my room, and they were LOUD. The pools were supposed to close at 10PM, but it was well past midnight when I first called the front desk to complain. I had an early flight home in the morning, and I felt sorry for anyone who had little kids trying to sleep that night! I watched as a hotel security person arrived, walked around the pool, but didn't say anything to anyone! I took photos and video of them, recording just how loud they were. I called the front desk twice more that evening, but each time a security person showed up, no one was asked to leave.

Needless to say, our group did not and will not hold a meeting here! And you can bet my kids and I will stay elsewhere whenever we are in town. Especially for being a Disney property, and especially for being more expensive than other area hotels, it was a huge disappointment.

Room Tip: Beware the rooms surrounding the pools, if you are looking for peace and quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank EventPlanne R
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here in June 2013 as part of our disney vacation for 2 nights (at the end of our vacation). My girls were really looking forward to this visit as I added two days to our vacation to go here. I have to say, will probably choose a different resort next time but did have an ok time.

Pros:

*Bus system was actually very good here. There are multiple stops but the buses were plentiful. Yes, you had to stand some but wasn't really a big deal.

*The Dig Site Pool was really neat with a large Mayan Temple and waterslide. If you have smaller children they also have a pool party daily with activities for the little ones.

*Check-in was quick and efficient. I had read previous reviews about the rudeness of the workers but we didn't find that to be true at all--very friendly and helpful.

*Pepper Market food was decent but see cons also.

*Bar at Dig Site was actually pretty good...fast service and great drinks.

Cons:

* A really spread out resort with plenty of walking. I knew this ahead of time so expected it...but wow it was MUCH more than I expected. We were put in the Ranchos section ( I do not recommend it) and it seemed far away from everything. Specifically Ranchos 7b was our building.

* The room itself was somewhat dated and needed some refurbishing. I will say it was very clean though. Smelled like some type of cleaner--kind of owerpowering but I will take it over the alternative. The bathroom tile needs updating and the top of the toilet did not fit properly and we could see a lot of mildew.

*Very odd layout to get to your room. It was difficult to find your way around to begin with.

*Pepper Market--the actual food quality was a pro but let me tell you their service is abyssmal. When we arrived we were sat pretty quickly and was told someone would get us drinks and to take our tickets to be stamped at the various stations. It is kind of odd, but ok....After sitting for 10 minutes no one came to get our drinks so we got up and went to get food. 15 minutes after getting food...still no drinks...and mind you this is after I asked someone already and they said our server would come. The gentleman who was not our server eventually ended up getting us drinks. We only saw our actual server when our ticket was brought and she expected a tip. ....this is one of the first times I haven't ever left one. I saw no reaon since wasn't served and there was not a 10% surcharge on our check like I expected.

This is now the fourth different resort we have had the pleasure to stay at while vacationing at Disney. I do not think we will venture back here and it was the least pleasurable of our experiences. In my opinion, the negatives outweigh the positives but I try to be open and give both sides of the story :). ---No one in our 7 person party cared too much for it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelmomof3Kentucky
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Resort and rooms are clean tidy but a little old fashioned, nice lakes & pools, however DO NOT expect good food, limited options very overpriced and nothing really available after 9pm , take your own snacks/drinks and go somewhere else for breakfast lunch & dinner.The staff are very friendly but they can only work with what they have got.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabana or you will have to walk miles in the scorching heat to reach your room , or choose another resort.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is my third conference at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, and I can't say enough about the Disney customer service. We were a fairly large group (nearing 2000) and the conference rooms, meals and rooms were all top-notch. I've been to conferences in other cities, and let's face it--not all hotels are the same. My room was clean (and cleaned daily), the temperature in the conference rooms was comfortable, the meals were delicious and professionally (and quickly) served, and the Disney IT staff were accommodating when we had issues with connectivity, hardware and AV. Checkin (and checkout) are a breeze with Disney's Magical Express. The pool area was immaculate as were the grounds and common areas. I'm a big Disney fan, and frankly, I have had bad experiences with hotels and customer service from time to time, but this hotel seems to have perfected the best kind of atmosphere for a national conference. I hope to return.

Room Tip: Rooms near the conference center are more convenient, as the ones across the lake are a significant hike away.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business