“June2013” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #169 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
Kenly, North Carolina
“June2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have stayed at 2 Value resorts, a deluxe resort and Coronado is our favorite by far. The room is spacious and the beds were comfy. We had requested the cabanas and were put in the ranchos. This was a farther walk to the Pepper Market. However, we had a bus stop right behind our building which was a plus. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Ranchos are quiet and near the pool, however it is a long walk to the food court. But if you ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Todd S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Over all pleasant hotel! Service was great, staff friendly, clean modern'ish rooms, enough space, good air conditioning. Could have done with a little more mickey deco, but it was nice to not have a super overload of it. there was a safe, comfortable beds, liked how the shower/toilet is seperate from the sink. We were in cabana 9B, where there was a pool right outside. We were also lucky because it was pretty close to the lobby and bus stop compared to the rest of the accommodation! Maybe a 5 min walk? Gift shop was ok, decent food options although only ate at food court on first day. Did have bagels from the cafe wvery morning and they were fresh. Love the lake in the middle, very picturesque. It is a 80's/90's hotel with the outdoor architecture and colour scheme , but its fun! Overall very mich enjoyed our 6 night stay at Coronado. Definitely recommend staying at a Disney resort to get the maximum Disney experience! Disney has the friendly staff and efficicent and organised service. Getting merchandise and commisioned art work sent to our hotel from the park was definitely handy!

2 Thank andreamei
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a work conference at the Swan and Dolphin Resort, which I loved. My family was joining me though mid-week to check out Disney, so I decided to book a more "kid-friendly" resort for the family and chose the Coronado Springs Resort. As soon as we got there, all the computers were down so they could not check us in, and we could not take our luggage to our rooms. That was a pain. We stored our luggage and went to the parks. When we got back that evening at 10:00 PM, the computers had JUST come back online. Ridiculous. We got checked in and a golf cart shuttle took us to our rooms. The rooms were dark, musty, and felt dirty to me. They were badly in need of some renovations. The carpeting had random wet spots on it, which was disgusting and we couldn't figure out what was causing them. The beds were just OK. The grounds were very nice and I had some nice morning jogs around the lake. The health club was very nice also. I liked that there were several coin laundry facilities on site in case you needed to do laundry, which is a must if you have small children. We were in building 5 and it took forever to walk to the restaurants. Also, if it's raining, too bad! There are no covered ways to get around this resort. You just have to walk through the rain. Honestly the whole place had a bit of a motel feel to it. The restaurants were OK, but not great. Rix was convenient and had several items you could just pick up and take to your room. Pepper Market always had long lines and the food was bland and not very high quality. Also, sometimes the buses came quickly to get us to the parks, and other times we were waiting for up to 40 minutes. This is totally unacceptable. If you've been to Disney you know you have to get there early during the high season to get your Fast Passes in order before they all sell out. Losing 40 minutes to an hour waiting for a bus is outrageous. One redeeming factor is that the cast members at the resort were very friendly and helpful.

If you want some Disney magic, look elsewhere. The Swan and Dolphin were beautiful, had easy and accessible transportation tot he parks, were closer to everything, and have high-quality restaurants. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Buildings 5-8 are closer to the pool. Buildings 1-3 and 9 are closer to the restaurants. Buildings 8...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura V
Tifton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've stayed at CS several times, the most recent in late April, early May, 2013. We skipped lunch and rushed down to arrive at 3 pm check-in, but our room wasn't ready. Really? So rather than wait 1 to 1 1/2 hours for our room, we ended up with a room further away from El Centro. To make amends, the clerk asked which floor we preferred...I replied ground. We were given a 4th floor room :-(. Every morning the TV pic was frozen; front desk told me due to the rain, I had to unplug and plug it back in to reset it. One night our bathroom floor was flooded due to leaking toilet, so we were two hours later getting showers and going to bed that night.
Now that other moderate resorts have queen beds (Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside), why would anyone choose to stay here???

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank preacherroe
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

First, I'd like to say that I agree with other travelers that have commented on the dark, damp smelling rooms at this hotel. The bathrooms are severely dated and the rooms definitely are less impressive than I would have expected from Disney. These are more along the lines of an average Motel, not a mid-level Disney hotel.

Secondly, my colleagues and I booked rooms 3 months in advance at the hotel for a week-long medical conference held there. We paid deposits for preferred rooms at the time of booking, which we assumed would guarantee the rooms we chose. The reservations were confirmed a week prior to our arrival with requests for adjoining and nearby rooms also confirmed. We were told that the adjoining room request could not be guaranteed, but that the request would be considered. We did online check-in 3 days prior to arrival. When we arrived on-site to pick-up keys to our rooms, only one room was checked-in and was the preferred room that we reserved. The other room was neither checked-in online or in the preferred building as requested. When management double checked the reservation, they said that it had been changed by someone at the hotel, and that they could not tell why. After speaking with a manager, Robby, and requesting that this be corrected, we were told that there were no other rooms available at the paid for and reserved preferred level and that if I wanted to be near my colleagues, I'd have to down-grade my room to the non-preferred level. As we were at the hotel for a conference and not simply for a personal vacation, we had no choice but to check-in and accept the rooms as offered. However, we expected more from a Disney facility.

The next few days showed that this was not an uncommon occurrence with our conference group. Speaking to other conference attendees brought out the fact that there were others within our group who had the same problem. This type of customer service shows a lack of care for the attendees of our conference group. I'm recommending that the organizers from our conference choose another facility for future meetings.

The next day after checking into the Coronado Springs resort, we found and fell in love with a gorgeous NON-disney hotel, 3 minutes away, at Bonnett Creek for the same price as the preferred room at CS. We checked out of this Disney hotel and moved directly into the available room at this other hotel. When we explained that we were transferring from the Coronado Springs and needed the room at 1:00 instead of at the 4:00 check-in time, the front desk checked availability and checked us right in honoring all our room requests. That was the customer service we expected from Disney, but did not receive.

Disney, I'm very disappointed in the service we received at Coronado Springs and neither I nor my colleagues will be staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
12 Thank NurseNancyNP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family and I are frequent Disney visitors, always staying at a Disney resort. My husband and I planned a couple only, no children vacation for the 2 of us and chose Coronado Springs. We were very excited for this vacation, but I can say have left feeling a bit disappointed. Drink station was a joke...always out of the drink we wanted, only 2 stations for all the people that use it, so super long lines. The rooms were so-so, but very uncomfortable bed. We chose this resort because of the boat rentals, only to get there and find out they are closed down. There was a nice bar outside and a great pool, but nothing that is more special than the other resorts that we have stayed at. My best advise...for the money, stay at Port Orleans Riverside! I know from now on, that is where we will be staying. Cleaner, neater, more to do, and the boat rides from the resort to Downtown Disney are great. OH, and it is less money. Now, for all the complaining, a bad hotel at Disney is better than a great hotel away from Disney! This just isn't one of the best that Disney has to offer for the moderate price range resorts.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Jts3mom
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

What an awesome pool, the property is huge so expect some walking, but the walk is beautiful. The food court is awesome with so many choices that you could eat there for lunch and dinner and never eat the same thing twice all week, and that will save you a lot of money. Great property but the bus service seemed to be slower than other properties I have stayed at Disneyworld.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kevin c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!