I had a work conference at the Swan and Dolphin Resort, which I loved. My family was joining me though mid-week to check out Disney, so I decided to book a more "kid-friendly" resort for the family and chose the Coronado Springs Resort. As soon as we got there, all the computers were down so they could not check us in, and we could not take our luggage to our rooms. That was a pain. We stored our luggage and went to the parks. When we got back that evening at 10:00 PM, the computers had JUST come back online. Ridiculous. We got checked in and a golf cart shuttle took us to our rooms. The rooms were dark, musty, and felt dirty to me. They were badly in need of some renovations. The carpeting had random wet spots on it, which was disgusting and we couldn't figure out what was causing them. The beds were just OK. The grounds were very nice and I had some nice morning jogs around the lake. The health club was very nice also. I liked that there were several coin laundry facilities on site in case you needed to do laundry, which is a must if you have small children. We were in building 5 and it took forever to walk to the restaurants. Also, if it's raining, too bad! There are no covered ways to get around this resort. You just have to walk through the rain. Honestly the whole place had a bit of a motel feel to it. The restaurants were OK, but not great. Rix was convenient and had several items you could just pick up and take to your room. Pepper Market always had long lines and the food was bland and not very high quality. Also, sometimes the buses came quickly to get us to the parks, and other times we were waiting for up to 40 minutes. This is totally unacceptable. If you've been to Disney you know you have to get there early during the high season to get your Fast Passes in order before they all sell out. Losing 40 minutes to an hour waiting for a bus is outrageous. One redeeming factor is that the cast members at the resort were very friendly and helpful.
If you want some Disney magic, look elsewhere. The Swan and Dolphin were beautiful, had easy and accessible transportation tot he parks, were closer to everything, and have high-quality restaurants. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando