My family and I stayed at the Coronado Springs resort on our family trip to Disney in April. This was my first time staying on any Disney property, and my wife's 4th. She said she enjoyed it probably as much as her other stays (Port Orleans and French Quarter.) I would rate our stay as about a 3.5 out of 5.
The resort is nice, it reminded me of our other tropical vacations. The decor in the main areas is beautiful. The rooms are pretty standard, they are clean, but certain aspects could be updated (i.e. the bathrooms.) I know that you are paying to be on property, but frankly, I have stayed at MUCH nicer hotels and paid half of what we paid to be here (even with the 30% off promo.) The pool was nice, but from the pictures, I actually expected it to be nicer.
Walking! Be prepared to walk. You are either going to be close to the pool, close to the main restaurants, or equally far away from everything. We were close to the restaurants, which was nice, but we had a 10-15 minute walk to get to the pool, which was the last thing we wanted to do after being in the parks all day. The second problem is the concierge staff. They have an international flair, but if you had one from a non-English speaking country, communicating was a HUGE challenge. My mother in law had to leave after the first day, and getting her cancelled (even with the insurance) took almost an hour. Then on our last day they messed up my sons transportation voucher for the airport and told us it would be an hour before he could get on a bus. After telling them this was unacceptable (and waiting another 20 min) we were given a taxi voucher to the airport. These are not big problems, but not the thing you expect to encounter when paying the money to stay on site at a Disney resort.
In the end, it was ok...I'm glad we stayed there, but we will not return and will probably stay off site next time we are in Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando