Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
6,495 results
All reviewspepper marketmaya grillel centrobus stopdig sitemain poolmain buildingcafe rixcasitas sectionfood courtdisney worldquiet pooldining planconvention centercast membersmoderate hotelgift shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my second time here, the first was many many years ago after it first opened. We were there with our children and had a very good time. The place is clean, the Grab and go market and Pepper Market restaurants were better than most fast service Disney places, and it was nicely themed and decorated.
Pros
The check in process was fast, friendly and very accommodating. We got our room assignment and wanted to change to a different building and they took care of it immediately.
The place isn't so large that you can't get around easily, and it only had four bust stops so it cut down on wait times for the buses.
We enjoyed the Pepper Market Restaurant. It was much more than burgers and chicken sandwiches. And it was apart of the "quick service" meals on the dining plan
The pools, playground and arcade wasn't very crowded because they have a lot of people there for conventions, which means they are all working and taking up rooms while you are playing.
They had a lot of activities going on at the pool all day. From trivia games to toasting marshmallows over a fire pit.
The rooms had doors that separated the vanity area from the rest of the room, so you had some privacy and quiet when the kids were sleeping.

Cons
The rooms are a little small
The Maya Grill Restaurant wasn't very good, my kids really didn't like their meals at all.

Other than those two cons, the place worked out really well and we'll go there again.

Room Tip: We liked building 9B. It was close to the main pool, right in front of the quiet pool and close to the main center.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank laguna5243
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I usually stay in Disney resorts, because they're awesome. Last year my son and I stayed in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. It was amazing, the cast members were amazing, the activities were amazing- everything was perfect.

This year, we tried Coronado Springs resort at the recommendation of the WDW reservations specialist, even though we were actually visiting Universal and would have a long drive to go see the park. That's how much I like Disney resorts.

I would just like to express how extremely disappointed I was with my stay at Coronado Springs. I could have spent much, much less for a hotel with better accommodations in the Orlando area. Even with a "military discount" the room cost me more than $200. Comparable hotels with pools in the area run about half that, but I was willing to spend the money for a WDW resort.

First, when we pulled up, we thought we correctly followed the signs for "check-in" and pulled up to the curb. A Disney bus pulled up behind us and laid on the horn until we moved. We scooted up around the corner, and hurriedly pulled our bags out of the rental car. We were right in front of the hotel, without a Disney staff member in sight. We dragged, in multiple loads, our bags through the front door, while trying to hold on to my son. There was no greeting as I'm accustomed to at Disney resorts, nor an offer to take our baggage.

The check in was a bit lengthy, and the staff members were cordial, but far from friendly. I was not impressed. I had included on the reservation that it was my son's birthday, but I had to go back and ask for the birthday buttons and stuff.

...then they told us where our room was. It was a good 1/4 mile walk with the baggage. Again, there was no offer to take the bags to our rooms, so we went back out, loaded the car yet again with family and baggage, so we could drive to our room. I could have carried the bags that far myself, but not with the child and my parents.

The room itself was what really disappointed me. It was small, dark and cramped. I expected much, much more. Aside from the flat-screen television, I felt like I'd stepped back into the 70's. It wasn't particularly clean or dirty. It was just dark and kind of musty-smelling with an out-of-date decor and no pictures on the walls. I would not have been surprised to find a rotary telephone on the night stand. For a price which was nearly double competing hotels, I felt I had been ripped-off.

In addition, I required a rollaway bed, because my child kicks all night. It took nearly 2 hours to get it there, and cost me $15. More money into a hotel I felt was not worth it in the first place.

My son and I went out to the pool, around 9:00 a.m., which was supposed to open around 7:00. None of the water features were turned on. There were no staff members in to pool area. To be honest, we couldn't tell if it was open or not. I overheard some guests walking through the area saying the same thing. We got in and swam anyhow. I wish we could have waited and seen everything turned on and going- that's the feature I'd most wanted for my boy to enjoy, but the pool wasn't opened as advertised.

We also went to play some volleyball, but the sand is full of leaves and sticks in the volleyball court. It appears proper maintenance hasn't been done, and now the problem is overwhelming. We couldn't even walk on it with bare feet.

I have to say, I'm very, very disappointed with my Disney experience. This is the first time in many years of visiting that I can say that.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Eric0318
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My Partner and I stayed at Disney's Corondo Springs Resort for two weeks in March 2013 for my 30th birthday.

I'd read some mixed reviews on here however was delighted by place.

Upon arrival, we were greeted at the gate by the security officer who gave us directions to the lobby and suggested leaving the luggage in the car as we would likely need to drive to our room.

The lobby and foyer and are beautiful and the chap who checked us in (Tyler I think his name was) was exceptionally helpful.

We stayed on the Third floor of the Ranchos in 7A - Possibly the furtherst from the Lobby and restaurants however the walk round the lake and over the bridges (especially at night time) is very relaxing and even a gentle stroll took less than 10 minutes.

The room was more than large enough for two people with two queen sized beds, both of which were extremely comfortable.

The pool was huge and warm and the staff at the bar there very friendly. It was clean and, whilst we did not partake, there were lots of poolside games for the children (which kept the pool relatively empty at times as well).

We walked round pretty much the whole resport and it was kept to meticulous Disney standards throughout.

The concierge service were very knowledgable and helpful and even gave us free champagne on my Birthday.

We did have a problem with the toilet not flushing on one morning but we telephoned maintenance who advised we did not need to wait for them and when we came home that night, all fixed.

The room was cleaned every day and towels and toiletries were replenished (if anything a little too many).

My only disspoaintment was the food. The Cafe Rix had a good selection of snacks and we enjoyed the breakfast croissaints here but the Pepper Market and Maya Grill was not great. Whilst it does do for a meal, there are better restaurants at the other Disney hotels and I would suggest, especially if you have the Disney Dining Plan, to book another elsewhere at another hotel or Downtown Disney. This is the only reason I did not give the hotel the full marks.

Whilst we are keen to try other Disney hotels to compare, we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Affy99
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked a package at Coronado Springs for 8 nights in Sep 2012.
Check in was easy, they had everything ready, all I needed to do was prove my identity and we were away.
The room we were allocated was clean but a little tired, the bathroom was small, it again, it was clean.
Housekeeping was great every day, beds were made and room was tidied.
The laundry was very handy, and close to our room, we used it every couple of days.
The pool was a standout for us, our 6 year old loved it! The slide kept him busy and some life jackets were provided for those less confident swimmers.
We ate breakfast at Pepper Court a couple of times, there was a lot to choose from and was quite enjoyable.
The store at the hotel had a big range of souvenirs and snacks, all Disney prices of course ;)
Overall we was stay here again, in saying that though I can't wait to try some other Disney resorts...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BecMelbourne
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We recently returned from our first visit to Walt Disney World with our five-year-old son. We chose to book a room at Coronado Springs. It offers rooms with two queen beds in them, and it is also one of the hotel/resorts on property that serves conventions and business travelers. (For me, this was a plus. After being in the parks all day, I thought I could use a quiet retreat in the evenings.) The other we reason we picked Coronado Springs was that it is pretty equidistant to all of the WDW parks. It's right in the middle of Walt Disney World.

We booked the week BEFORE President's Day, and we took advantage of a discount WDW was offering: 30 percent off the room rate. Because of the discount, we upgraded to a club-level room, which ended up being a brilliant choice. Club-level rooms are very close to the #1 bus stop on the property, and it also gave us access to the club lounge, where we enjoyed free breakfast every morning (baked goods, fruit, coffee, cereal, yogurt, etc.) and snacks (chips, dip, bottled drinks, etc.) late in the day.

The resort was quiet and peaceful, with a central lake and even white sand beaches with hammocks for relaxing. One night when it poured down rain, we decided to eat at Pepper Market (one of the on-site restaurants) instead of going back out to the parks. The food was delicious and reasonable, and the service was great! We absolutely loved this resort and the club lounge. (Coronado Springs also has a fun pool, but we never got around to using it.)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family