“Not one of my favorite resorts in Disney.”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #175 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here during a recent trip to run the full marathon in Disney in early January. Clean enough and a nice place but just not one of my favorite places to stay in Disney. If you have kids there are a lot more fun places to stay. Does have a huge banquet facilities if you're planning a huge event.
Was very disappointed with room service both days there was no coffee in my room and when I called the front desk they said sometimes they just get too busy. Not exactly the answer that I was looking for. They did promptly bring plenty of coffee but had to call for it.
This resort is relatively close to Downtown Disney

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Sean F

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at Coronado Springs in October.
Had a nice room with a water view in a Cabana room room no 9530, overlooking one of the smaller lakes. Lovely view and quite secluded

Nice size room, two double beds, decent bathroom and plenty of drawers and hanging space. Good air conditioning. My only niggle is the poor lighting in the room and the fact that the windows have voile curtains which also adds to the lack of light coming into the room.

Block 9B is near to bus stop and main building/restaurant. Short walk to main pool and a smaller pool is close by.

Buffet in the Pepper Market good. Good selection of food at Rixs too. Food by main pool good, would recommend the chicken wings in Margarita Lime sauce.

Park buses were a little hit and miss at times but were fine.

Did like the resort but have planned to stay at a smaller resort for next trip

Room Tip: Block 9B good block as close to main building and buses
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. Nothing too fancy, but nice. The hotel grounds are landscaped very nicely with a large lake being the centerpiece of the property. The large pool and waterslide are great. Lots of lounge chairs, tables and plenty of towels. The poolside bar and grill serves pretty good food. Besides the large pool, the hotel has a couple other "quiet" pools scattered throughout the property. This is a large property so plan for quite a bit of walking. However the park buses stop and several locations along the property so that is very helpful. In fact, you can take almost any bus from a bus stop at the hotel to the front desk.

The rooms are simple and nice. There are doors separating the sink area from the rest of the room which is nice for added privacy or to not wake up the kids. The bathroom is your typical small bathroom with a decent shower. There is also a ceiling fan which is a nice touch.

There are two restaurants on the property. I've only eaten at one of them. (I can't remember the name.) You are seated and you go up to the various stations and pick out your food. A card is stamped and that's how you pay. There is waiter/waitress service at your table for drinks, etc. Besides the main pool bar, there is also a bar on the lake and another inside the main lobby building.

Hotel staff are very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If not wanting to walk, ask for a room closest to the lobby buildings or near a bus stop along the p...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MF72
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Let me say that this is my second trip to Coronado Springs Resort. This trip was horrible to say the least. Yes, the first time I paid for pool or water view and it was lovely. This trip I only chose the regular room. MISTAKE . This place was a dump. When we got there we had to check in due to the fact that the "New Web Design" that they denied even existing would not let me check in online. They was RUDE from the start and all I ask for was a room on the first floor. Yeah that is when they told me I should have used online check in? I also was told that Conceirge could print off all my reservation for dining that the website had lost. That too was a bold face lie. Those people denied that Disney was even changing their website page.

The Room: Well lets start off with Dirty Floors, then the smell of mildew comes to mind. The Vanity it had been knocked around so much that it has BLUE TAPE holding it together and on the front of it.
The Beds: Missing pillow that even though we called about Never came. The comforter was also faded and worn.
Internet? well it was worse than dial up.
Outside: Parking lot which yes that is what we paid for but you never walk by anything but cars never any senery to make you feel that you was at a resort much less Disney.
I really felt cheated from this resort. Never anything special from housekeeping they never cleaned before 4:00pm and by the way you now use your room towels for the pool.
You would be just as well off at a Motel 6.

I have contacted Disney World about just how bad it was. I recieved an email from them stating that I would get a response within 7 days. That has not happened either Day 9.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mommathunder
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed there right after our Dream Cruise. I had our on line check in done, our room was already ready at 10am(!) but the keys weren't working (they checked it, not me). It took around 30 minutes to set all up and we lost the lounge breakfast - so they give us some credit as compensation.
Business room is standard (2 queen beds, one sink, no closed closet), but they are at 9A/9B building, close to entrance and same bld to the lounge "Coconino Cove". Only Business Rooms have access to Coconino (key access). Breakfast is great there, my child finally ate (without complaining) some breakfast at a Disney's resort.
Dig site is awesome. Hard to tell it's Disney, no hidden mickeys here. Around the pool, Arcade, Bar and Snacks, hot tub and lots of chairs, it's like a small club, but not crowded at all!
I want to stay there again!
Point to improve (quickly): I tought that the outside cleaning of buildings and common areas is really bellow Disney's standards.

Room Tip: Business room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andreia C
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed in the Cabanas with a water view. We specifically asked for a lake view over a pool view. I was surprised that we didn't get it, considering we were visiting during one of the slowest times of the year... the week after Thanksgiving. We reserved two rooms and the cast member at check-in said the only way we could get a lake view is to be in separate buildings. It wasn't worth it. The cast member kept saying that she could tell I was disappointed and wanted to fix it. We just wanted to get to the parks. So, we assured her it was ok. However, I appreciated that impeccable Disney guest service! The hotel was decorated for Christmas. If you are there at this time of year, make sure you grab a picture in front of the tree! I really liked this hotel, however if I had to pick a moderate, I would chose Port Orleans Riverside. That being said, I really enjoyed the hammocks on the white sand beaches of Coronado Springs. The pool is one of the best on property! We really enjoyed playing Disney trivia while relaxing in the water. ( I only wish you could slide down that pyramid!) Speaking of slides, the slide was a little too kiddy for me... not enough of a thrill. We did not dine at either restaurant, although I had my eye on those delicious desserts in the bakery! Rix, the dance club/lounge is very well appointed. It's the only such club on Disney property other than Atlantic Dance. Unfortunately, we wore ourselves out every day at the parks and didn't end up making it there at night. I really liked the decor of the rooms. Although, based on pictures I thought the rooms had wood floors, which would have been new for a Disney room. However, it's just dark carpet. Mousekeeping has really stepped it's game. The last two trips I have been blow away at their creativity, especially since we don't even have kids! For all of the reviews I've read about the distance and how spread out the resort is, I really didn't find it to be as bad as I had pictured. Also, bus service was great all but one time... which seems to be the norm of every Disney vacation... there's always that one time you wait way too long. ;) The trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazingly short! Hollywood Studios and Epcot were pretty quick as well. Magic Kingdom wasn't bad. Downtown Disney was very very long in comparison; about 30 minutes. Overall, if you are a return guest to Walt Disney World, I definitely recommend trying this resort. However, if this will be your one and only time visiting WDW, this wouldn't be my first choice. I would try a more "magically" themed property.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank DisneyTravelLover
Reviewed January 16, 2013

In my opinion one of the best hotels in Disney World. Very good service and breakfast.
Comfortable rooms with a nice view. The sleep quality is the best!
Just a 10 minutes of the main attractions in Disney.

Room Tip: Choose a room with lagoon view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family