“Beware of the Pepper Grill- They are thieves”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #174 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We recently stayed at Coronado Springs for a week in June for a family vacation. There were 10 of us in all and I must say that we have been Disney World many times. This was the worst vacation as far as rudeness by the employees. They were very put off if anything was asked of them. The nail in the coffin was when we all had the breakfast buffett at the pepper mill grill one morning spending $230.00. We made the mistake of putting that meal on a debit card instead of charge card. When I got home I discovered that my bank account had been dinged twice for the buffet. After dealing with the manager of the Pepper Grill for over a week I have been told that they can't find anything and I am out of luck... Certainly not the answer that should be given to me considering I even sent them my bank statement showing the transactions! I will not ever stay at this hotel again and will certainly never ever use my debit card for anything like this ever again....

Room Tip: Ask for building #1 or 2 as they are the closet to the front
3  Thank softballfanatic23

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Our family stayed at this property ten nights, renting two rooms, each with two queen beds. During the reservation process we requested adjoining rooms, the request was not honored and the rooms were separated but in the same building.

We are frequent visitors to Disney properties and typically stay at more deluxe resorts. Having heard positives about Coronado from other families we thought we would give it a try. In the end we regretted it.

As mentioned by previous reviewers, the property is extremely large and walking is a must. We had no problem with this but it is a "must know". Staff will scurry about on golf carts but do not offer rides to anyone. Throughout my stay I wondered how the elderly or disabled can cope with this location.

Check-in was a quick affair, largely due to the fact that I did online registration from home before heading for Florida. Lines for "traditional" check-in were long and reportedly incoming guests were waiting thirty minutes for service. This seemed to be a particular problem when the Disney Magical Express bus would arrive with a new load of guests from the airport.

The exterior of the buildings are clean, neat and attractive. Each set of buildings has its individual appearance which was a nice touch. There are over 3,000 rooms on site and the different looks allows one to find their way a little easier.

Guest rooms are fairly large and the divider between the bath area and the sleeping area is a nice touch. Furnishings and bedding were in good repair and were of the quality expected at the price point. In the bath, toiletries were plentiful, water pressure strong and access to hot water prompt. Internet speed was more than adequate.

Housekeeping throughout the stay was marginal - when it was received at all. Some days housekeepers would arrive - sometimes not. Sometimes when they did arrive they would thoroughly clean the rooms - sometimes not. One evening when we arrived back at the rooms at 11 PM after a long day at the parks and found that (once again) the room had not received service, I called customer relations. About forty-five minutes later a housekeeper arrived and did what she could at that late hour. I expect quality housekeeping at a Hampton Inn, at a Disney property and at this price point, this lack of attention to detail is unacceptable.

The main pool area was a highlight and is a great family gathering spot. It is an active, attractive space for families. Smaller, quieter pools are located throughout the resort. The exercise facility was clean, neat, well staffed and featured good equipment. A small spa area is found there as well. This was a great plus at a moderate resort.

Food service on-site is marginal at best. The quick service location was fairly good but the buffet featured poorly prepared food and less than stellar service. I walked in one afternoon at 1:45 PM and was greeted with "You need to grab your food quick, we close at 2." This was more like Burger King employee attitudes than Disney employee attitudes. I was taken aback.

I must admit - for the first time since my very first visit to WDW in November 1971, I was glad to be heading home. The lack of quality, service and attention to detail at this location simply diminished an otherwise great vacation. The room and resort at Walt Disney World are such a big part of the "magic" and it just didn't work for our family at Coronado Springs.

Room Tip: Try to catch a room near El Centro, the "hub" of the resort. To minimize your walk, this...
2  Thank cburley
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family had a great time staying at Coronado Springs. We chose here because it is the only Disney moderate resort with 2 queen beds instead of 2 double beds. The rooms are very nice, the sliding doors that divide the bathroom from the bedroom are a nice touch. My kids loved the main pool area, especially the waterslide. Every night Disney shows a movie on an inflattable screen at the main pool area, we all enjoyed this perk. Everyone we dealt with was pleasant and very polite. In the future we would definatley consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a "Disney" resort on Disney property so it is pricey. You expect that but you want the Disney Experience. It started at the guard gate. The guard was a rude because I went in the wrong line. We get out of the car and get luggage up to front, put it on a cart and start wheeling in, when an employee tells me I can't touch my abate on the cart because it is a liability. My partner has an expensive medical machine so I said that I prefer to take the cart. No go. She moves the cart 3 ft and the machine falls on the ground. So I say I will take it. No. I go up to check in and state not having a Disney experience. I then find out that our room is in the back of property but they do not provide the transport. Cannot get on carts but luggage can. Next day, I see people and luggage on cart. Rooms: small, old, wifi is free but does not work much. Shower is gross and has no water pressure. That was in addition to the whole resort losing power just prior to our arrival. The food: absolutely disgusting. We paid 150.00 for the best restaurant in the resort, the Myan Grill, just a rip off. We walked out of the other restaurant called Rix, a buffet. I walked through and walked out and went to Fridays via my vehicle. How embarrassing to my other party members. Also, there is not one security guard anywhere in sight walking around. There was one on a cart. Saw him once. For the money, not worth it. My friend rented 45 rooms for her sons soccer team and did not receive one welcome packet as we did so she had 16 year old boys that were bored unaware that they had activities for the kids. Disney is dropping the ball. They are quick to pour money building more park rides but not putting a dime toward the upkeep of the resorts. The only good thing is that they have buses that take you to the parks. This is not the Disney experience. Your children will be let down. This is a Latin Themed Resort however there are no Latino Mickey mouse so you really are just in a resort. What a rip off. Walt Disney would be ashamed of what happened to his creation. I will sign my name to this so that others don't waste their money and disappoint their children. Some have to save to take this vacation with their kids. I hole this review prevents a family from looking on the Internet at the pictures and book it, only to find there is nothing Disney about it and should be a cut rate hotel, not listed as a moderate resort. Signed Mary Nicolini, LCSW, LCAP

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Daytripper6698
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort for a week in June 2012. We found someone's partially eaten meal in a styrofoam box in a dresser drawer and a nut product box. Our granddaughter has a peanut allergy, not pleased with this discovery. Hair was found in the shower and the back of the bathroom door, gum wrapper and a couple of Doritos under the dust ruffle of the bed. Was offered another room but who wants to repack clothing and car and then carry all luggage back up to another second room floor at 11pm. They were to clean the room the next day. Gum wrapper, Doritos, and hair still in place. Counter top for bath area was sticky. Also saw bag of room linens outside one room for at least two days before it was picked up by house keeping. This is not what we have experienced from Disney before and I hope never again. I would not recommend staying at this resort at all, pick another. Concierge and manager were helpful the night of the complaint but if house keeping can't do any better than that I would never stay in their resort again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have been to Disney several times and we have always stayed at the All Star Sports Resort (which we love) but we decided to switch it up this time. I am so glad that we chose Coronado Springs! The room was very spacious and the beds were very comfortable. We had a room with 2 QUEEN beds! The pillows were great and the room decoration was very very nice. We were in the Casitas building and we were very close to the main building with the restaurants, shopping, and lobby. Coronado Springs is a very spread out hotel and the property is huge! There is a bus services that goes around the property and it was just a short walk from our building to the pool. The Pepper Market was a great place to eat, especially for breakfast, its a buffet! I would highly recommend staying at this resort!!

Room Tip: When booking ask to for a preferred room, these rooms are in the buildings closest to the Main Build...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vivianlj13
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My family loves this hotel. Great pool with water slide for the kids and large hot tub. Rooms are clean with refrig. which is convenient. Lots of choices for everyone in their family restaurant. Staff is always nice and helpful.

6  Thank esamlen