“I would not stay here again”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #176 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Boston
“I would not stay here again”
Reviewed November 13, 2007

The outside is very nice with picturesque views of a small lake and lovely landscaping. However the rooms are definetly low budget with bedding equal to a Motel 6 as someone else said. Also as someone else said the walls were paper thin. Also the food at the Pepper Market was low quality. I was there with a large group and everyone agreed. I had a turkey sandwich...how can anyone ruin something so simple? The turkey was tasteless and the tomato on it was bad. The roll was also a cheap roll with no other choices. My daughter got the taco salad which looked way better than it tasted. The Maya Grill is much better but is not available for a quick lunch or dinnter. Also I know everyone is at Disney, but at night after walking, riding, etc. there are very few TV channels to watch. No CBS, ABC, or NBC. No pay per view (not even for Disney movies). I must be spoiled but even "on the road" quick stay hotels have better. I will say the staff was very nice and helpful, the bus service great. I would not stay here again as the one morning I wanted to sleep until at least 8 I heard the elevevator bell, the maids cart, the shower in the next room, the person walking overhead, the buses going by, etc. It was not magical.

• Liked — The outside view of the lake
  • Disliked — The rooms and food
  • Stayed November 2007
3 Thank cel11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed November 10, 2007

We booked one night as we were attending a conference at the hotel. As we drove-in we were told to park in the lot - but weren't told that we'd be driving to our rooms, so this was the first confusion. We had confirmed the day before a room with a king bed. Finding to the right area was more confusion and our room was up a smelly flight of steps (stank of dried urine). The room itself also had an upleasant smell - and it had two full beds. To their credit, the check-in staff were very helpful and were able to find us a king room (had shower for use by disabled) as they'd had a cancellation. This was in a better location by gardens and on the ground floor. It was still very obviously an economy hotel and not of the calibre we've expected at other Disney properties where we've stayed. We had breakfast in the morning at the Pepper Market - a good idea in concept but they didn't seem able to cope with the volume of customers. Depite the convenience of being near to the conference, we would not stay here again.

6 Thank BrentFinch
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 9, 2007

We stayed here for 6 nights in September for a vacation. We have a 1 year old and they were so accomodating. The pools are wonderful and the rooms are great! We enjoyed at the hotel restaurant. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank goiu
Seattle
Reviewed November 8, 2007

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Coronado Springs and I really enjoyed it. The rooms are not fancy but are tidy and well appointed. Plenty of towels, small coffee pot, blow dryer and ironing board in the room. I had heard that it was a large place but was pleasantly surprised about how convenient it was to get around. The grounds are lovely and well taken care of. Basically the layout is a smattering of buildings (casitas) which surround a small lake in the center. It's just a big circle. I found the walking and getting around to be very easy and not confusing at all. It just took a few minutes to get from my room to the conference center and I was in Casita 5 which I think is as far away as you can get. Not bad at all. Because this hotel houses many conventions there seem to be less children around than at most Disney locations, which I enjoyed since I did not go with kids.

Transportatin to airport and the theme parks was GREAT! I love Magical Express-- so convenient. I would definitely recommend taking advantage of this service. They pick up your luggage at the airport and deliver it directly to your room. My luggage showed up within about 2 hours. The buses to the parks were very organized. I never had to wait more than a few minutes for a bus to show up.

They also have a very nice pool area.

The only small problem is that the rooms are not well insulated and you really can hear a lot of noise. I slept with ear plugs in since I am sensitive to this. They seem do a lot of outdoor parties for conventioneers with fireworks and big screen tvs, so there may be crowds and noise in the evening. Also, the Pepper Market food pavillion was not very good, but they did have a large variety of menu items for a reasonable price.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Great location, convenient bus service, lovely grounds, fair price
  • Disliked — A bit noisy, not enough restaurants
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank Gina S
Liverpool, NY
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I recently stayed at the hotel for a business conference. Although the facility is very large, I did not find it to be a problem. My room was probably the furthest away for the conference center as you could get, but it was more than managable. The room itself was nothing special, but clean and reasonably appointed. The grounds are really lovely. I would not hesitate to stay here again. However, unless you have a conference, families may prefer other accommodations.

5 Thank powertravelers
Doylestown, PA
Reviewed November 7, 2007

We just got back from staying 8 days at the Coronado Springs resort. My husband was down for a conference so I took my 4 year old daughter with me. We loved the resort. Make sure you request a room in the Cabanas section. It is closest to main buildings, pool and bus stop #4. The Ranchos is VERY far away ... we stayed in Cabanas 8B (perfect location). The food was good but overpriced, of course (it's Disney) - prices for food are more reasonable at the pool bar. Make sure you buy the refillable mug (it will save you $$). The grounds are big but gorgeous. The buses ran continuously to the parks and never a long wait. The rooms are small but fine for 3 people. The ONLY bad thing was the internet hook up is $9.95 per day and Francisco's Lounge was under renovation and closed. All and all we loved our stay and had a great time.

6 Thank goldenpaws
Cape Coral, FL
Reviewed October 25, 2007

We arrived in the lobby and were given a map with our room keys. The general area of our room location was circled. Little did we know we were about to embark upon a nightmare journey. Sure, the parking is right there near the buildings. We were in building #3 and parked in the section designated as such. Imagine our surprise when we began to walk and found that building #3 was not exactly "near" the designated spot. In fact, later we moved the car to a place in the #2 area quite close to the #1 area. So....we walked toward what we thought would be a short trip to our room. We took all our bags, not even thinking of having a bellhop help us because it seemed a quick and easy path to the room. Plus, there didn't seem to be any bellhops in the lobby when we check in. We walked and walked and walked. First of all, our room was on the second floor and we couldn't find an elevator. Eventually we located a sign pointing vaguely to an elevator. And I mean "vaguely". We followed arrows that led nowhere. We managed to find an elevator and get to the second floor only to discover we were in building #2. We followed more vague signs pointing aimlessly. When we found a sign actually mentioning our room number, we'd follow the arrow and several signs only to come to an end of the signage. Then we'd look around to see we were absolutely lost. I am not exaggerating when I say we spent at least 20 minutes wandering around the place. An employee came by and we asked for her help and she was quite nice about taking us to our room. The room itself was fine. We had a clean room with all the furniture in great condition. I didn't find the bathroom too small as some of the others have noted. We stayed in a Casita. The noise level was OK. We didn't hear our neighbors or kids running around at night. We didn't eat at the resort, so I can't say anything about the food. I was just very disappointed when I started my visit with a horrible search for our room.

Stayed October 2007