The Disney Port Orleans French Quarter is fantastic! We stayed at this resort during the week before Easter and even though the resort was booked full, we didn't feel crowded at all.
The staff at this resort was some of the best that I've experienced! The woman at the front desk was cheerful and happy, even when we checked in at 7:00AM. We were given all the information we needed for the day, directed where to park and all our questions were answered with a smile.
We were given an idea where our room would be and a card with a number to call later to get our exact room number. When we called, later in the day, for the room we were given the number quickly.
The room was spotless! Housekeeping had left the room in perfect condition with plenty of towels. The room was large with 2 double beds, double sinks in the dressing area and tub/shower with a nice massage shower head. Housekeeping kept the room stocked well with supplies, plenty of coffee, soaps, and towels for the duration. Our housekeeper even made a towel animal for our daughter and posed her with daughter's bear and iPod.
The food court area was clean and had a good selection of foods from Pizza, burgers, rib dinners, chicken dinners, sandwiches, and a bakery.
All of the food was good quality and served fast. The burgers were not the frozen patty variety but were hand formed from fresh burger meat.
Pizza was cooked to order and available by the slice or whole. The bakery items were great and the beignets were made fresh and hot and covered in powdered sugar. There were plenty of tables with some outside on the patio.
I was most impressed by the pool area and the lifeguard staff. There were a minimum of 6 lifeguards working the pool in the afternoon. 2 were on stationary stands, 1 was entertaining the children and 2-3 were walking the perimeter of the pool scanning for any problems at all times.
The grounds of the resort were maintained very well and were very clean.
The bus to the parks was easy and the best way to travel.
I would recommend this resort and would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, bedfinder AG, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel