“What a Nice Place!!!!!!”

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Ranked #66 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 9, 2007

The Disney Port Orleans French Quarter is fantastic! We stayed at this resort during the week before Easter and even though the resort was booked full, we didn't feel crowded at all.

The staff at this resort was some of the best that I've experienced! The woman at the front desk was cheerful and happy, even when we checked in at 7:00AM. We were given all the information we needed for the day, directed where to park and all our questions were answered with a smile.
We were given an idea where our room would be and a card with a number to call later to get our exact room number. When we called, later in the day, for the room we were given the number quickly.

The room was spotless! Housekeeping had left the room in perfect condition with plenty of towels. The room was large with 2 double beds, double sinks in the dressing area and tub/shower with a nice massage shower head. Housekeeping kept the room stocked well with supplies, plenty of coffee, soaps, and towels for the duration. Our housekeeper even made a towel animal for our daughter and posed her with daughter's bear and iPod.

The food court area was clean and had a good selection of foods from Pizza, burgers, rib dinners, chicken dinners, sandwiches, and a bakery.
All of the food was good quality and served fast. The burgers were not the frozen patty variety but were hand formed from fresh burger meat.
Pizza was cooked to order and available by the slice or whole. The bakery items were great and the beignets were made fresh and hot and covered in powdered sugar. There were plenty of tables with some outside on the patio.

I was most impressed by the pool area and the lifeguard staff. There were a minimum of 6 lifeguards working the pool in the afternoon. 2 were on stationary stands, 1 was entertaining the children and 2-3 were walking the perimeter of the pool scanning for any problems at all times.

The grounds of the resort were maintained very well and were very clean.

The bus to the parks was easy and the best way to travel.

I would recommend this resort and would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
15  Thank Kathy K
Write a ReviewReviews (5,731)

Reviewed April 8, 2007

prior to our arrival, i had contacted the hotel to request non smoking 3rd floor room in bldg 1 or 7 (away from crowds) when we arrived we got a smoking ground floor room in bldg 5 (next to pool) fortuneately the room was cleaned that the smok did not smell and while in a bldg next to the pool we were on the river side on the far corner so we did not have any kid traffic at all. it was actuall a great location as it was not that far from the busses. FQ are the first to be picked up so always have a seat. the room did get a little small in the morning. but that is a hotel room with 4 people--not going to matter where you are. We had considered a condo, but a few late nights looking at the departing traffic cemented our decision that staying on site made for a more relaxing time (well as relaxing as WDW can be)

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank oldnavy61
Reviewed March 28, 2007

Booked 2 nights (3/8 and 3/9) we had suchs a great stay we stayed a third night (3/10) We paid the extra money for a water view. For us its great to look out your window and enjoy a water view.....hear the transfer boats go by and in the evenings...no other building behind you to deal with extra noice. But if your not into this...dont spend the extra $$$ for a water view.

The room was GREAT! Theme was just as the resorts theme. Clean and everything looked new. Beds were cozy. Bathroom was clean and everything worked.

The resort has a great pool area and lots to do. YOu can catch a boat to Downtown Disney or MGM Studios. No need to catch a bus or move your car. If you choose to stay at the resort...they have places to eat right there.

We stayed in Building 7 at the far end of the resort which boarders with Port Orleans Riverside. YOu have access to both resort via walking path along the river or catch the boat over. Its a great walk.

Over all we enjoyed our stay and would do it again here. We stayed at Riverside before and both are just as nice.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Miamimickey72
Reviewed March 27, 2007

The hotel and grounds are nicely themed and very well kept with a great pool for kids. The room looked okay on first glance too, but we soon realized the floors were incredibly dirty. The tiled area had not even been swept or vacuumed (toilet paper on the floor, lots of hair and something sticky) so I'm sure it hadn't been washed in ages. There was also someone else's hair all over the tub. The shower curtain had black mold as well. My 1 year olds white sleeper feet were black from walking around on the carpet. We lifted up the bedskirt to retrieve a toy she had lost and discovered crackers and other food remnants from previous guests. We left a note for housekeeping to please wash the tile floor area the first night, but it was not done when the room was made up the next day. We complained at the front desk that day and the following morning the floor was swept or vacuumed, but still not washed. The front desk and concierge staff were not overly helpful.

It's really too bad the housekeeping standards are so low because the rest of this resort is very nice, the location and bus system is very handy and the food court is convenient with young kids. It is very hard to get into any of the resort or other hotel restaurants even though we were there in a "slow" week so options for eating were very limited if you didn't want to eat at the food court.

If I stayed on-site again, it would not be at this hotel and I would definitely rent a car for the entire trip so we had more restaurant options.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank Travelling_Mumma
Reviewed March 25, 2007

I stayed with my wife and our 6 month baby at the French Quarters earlier this month. To my surprise it turned out to be a disaster for my baby. We were checked into a wrong room by the front desk. The room was opened and our luggage checked in the room by the bellman, which i thought was good and I thanked him. But as the room was already open, we never used the room key initially. Now we left the room to look around and after an hour or so came back to the room (as baby was hungry) to realize that the room won't open with our card. Our baby was crying at this time as he was hungry. I ran up to the front desk and told them the situation while my wife was trying to calm the baby. At front desk there was an utter chaos. I eventually found someone who was able to understand the problem. She made several phone calls in front of me. Meanwhile I was getting nervous that my baby must be still crying as he was hungry and all his food and bottles were locked in the room. The lady at the front desk told me she will be sending someone to open the door. I went back towards the room and saw my wife crying as the baby wont stop crying. I calmed her by telling that someone is coming to open the door. We waited for more than 15 min and no one showed up.
I became furious, but I kept my calm and went back to the front desk and demanded the manager. I never saw the manager at that time but a bellman showed up and I rushed him to the room. He opened the room and my wife was able to get the babies bottle. She was about the start feeding the baby...but the bellman told her that this room is reserved for someone else and it has to be emptied. I called the front desk and asked them why can't they let us stay in the same room as our luggage is already there. They told me that a group of people had requested rooms together and we have to go the other part of the building. All this time my baby was crying. So I asked for keys to the other room and asked the bellman to start moving luggage there. I took my baby and wife to the other room and FINALLY my baby was able to eat.

Now I went to front desk and talked with front desk manager LAUREN. She is a young dark haired girl. She said she was one of the ladies who talked to me on the phone. I asked her why couldnt I stay in the same room. She looked in the computer and told me that the bathroom in that room is broke. I could'nt believe my ears. I was told that the room was reserved for someone else by other lady at the front desk. I told her how some other lady told me a different story. To this she told me " Sir, but this is the room you were supposed to be in". I never heard the word "sorry" or "I apologize". I told her that it was poor coustomer service that they checked me in a wrong room. She says" Sir, that was a mistake in writing room number, you are in the room which you belonged in the first place. The other room is not ready for you"

Remind you, me and my wife have been taking upto 3 vacations a year around the world. I have never ever heard that kind of talking from the front desk. I decided not to ruin it for my family and never mentioned anything to my wife. When she asked me what the heck just happened to us today, I said "honey there was a mistake" and moved on with my vacation.

My analysis is hiring inexperienced people can ruin your bussiness. I would rather go to the marriott or hilton close to disney than stay there.

Stayed: March 2007
16  Thank Tripppp
Reviewed March 24, 2007

Returned yesterday from a fantastic stay at the Port Orleans-French Quarter. What a perfect place for our 10 member family to stay---delightful hot tub for the adults, fantastic pool (gently warmed and open til late at night, and with a slide) for the kids, beautiful walks and runs along the riverside that connects the French Quarter to Riverside and a quiet, relaxed and comfortable stay. The beds are incredibly comfortable, shower pressure is good, and double sinks and dressing area with curtain is fun. The food in the cafeteria was good and I was impressed with the value of everything--Disney didn't gouge us on the food or the gift shop (sunscreen was only $1 more than at home). Having the bus transport to the parks, hearing the clop of horses' hoofs along the cobblestones at night while people rode in the carriages, jazz music at night, and bike rental (the kids loved the 4 person carriage bikes), and a nice sit-down breakfast restaurant (Boatwrights at Riverside) was perfect. Make this your choice and you'll be very pleased.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank budgetraveller
Reviewed March 18, 2007

The grounds are great. The French Quarter Theme is fun and the pool is a hit with the Kids. The only negative point during our 5 night stay was that the linens were shabby- bed spreads had holes in them. The maid service in the room was terrible.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family