My husband and I (50+), from Australia, stayed here for 5 nights and overall we were very happy with our choice. I had researched extensively before our holiday, which was part of a 15 week around the world trip. We transferred from an Orlando hotel and our room was ready for us at 10 a.m. Check-in was very fast, with friendly and helpful service. Our luggage arrived promptly, and was also picked up quickly on checkout. A tip was also refused for this service, which greatly surprised us!
Our room was spacious, quiet and very clean, with plenty of towels, soap, etc. It was also thoroughly cleaned every day of our stay. We never had to wait long for buses and always got a seat. We chose this resort because it was small, which meant not much walking around the grounds.
The only thing which wasn't good was the quality of the food in the cafetaria - it was AWFUL. We only ate one meal there, and that was one too many! On our trip we stayed in 42 different hotels, and this would be one of the better ones. Yes, it was expensive, but as this was our first and in all likelihood last trip to Disneyworld, we wanted to stay on-site, and away from noise and crowds. I would certainly recommend this hotel to people of our situation - older, without children, and not necessarily wanting state of the art resort facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel