My family has been to Disney and stayed at this resort several times. We love the small setting, compared to the larger resorts. We were a group of seven, so we required two rooms. I asked for connecting (BTW, must ask for connecting rooms, adjoining is next to) and had them. Check in was a breeze. One of the rooms was ready, so we went to that room to drop off carry-on stuff. Not even an hour later, the second room was ready and all of our luggage was in the room. So far, this was more than we could ask for.
We had a great couple of days, returning every day around 1pm from the parks for naps and rest. We were there for 6 nights and with four kids (Ages 7, 4 and 18 month twins), housekeeping of rooms is a necessity. The second day they arrived during nap times. We told them that this would be our time in the room each day. We collected trash and received new towels and they were on their way. The third day, they arrived at 7:45am, we were just about ready, and so we left for the morning. We returned to Mickey shaped and animal shaped towels. My older children were thrilled and loved them. The fourth day, they came at naptime again, after we had asked them for mid morning. The fifth day, they arrived at naptime again. With this, my wife called to complain and said that we would be leaving for the parks around 3:30pm and needed service, they never came. The sixth morning, my wife called again, she was assured that they would come in the morning ansd was told to "have a magical day". We arrived back from the parks and they had not come. I called this time and demanded that they come as soon as we left for the parks this day. We arrived back that night and they had not come. Rather than spoil our last night, we decided to let it go, but have since written letters to the General Manager of the hotel, Director of Operations for the Resorts, and the Director of Guest Relations. I believe that this problem is due to the incompetence of one or two employees out of the hundreds who were wonderful. I almost did not want to include this problem, but wanted to be fair to any other guests.
The pool is really fun for kids, it has a great slide. The pool bar is great for adults and the bartenders are wonderful. Do not ever take the bus to Downtown Disney; there is a boat dock behind the pool. It is about a fifteen-minute ride and is awesome. If you end up at Downtown Disney, take the boat back. Buses to everywhere else came within ten minutes of getting to the bus stop. Some of the buses do stop at the Riverside resort on the way there if the bus is not full. On the way back, the bus from Disney Studios and Animal Kingdom stop at Riverside first.
There is no restaurant at the resort, but the counter service is good. It does not have a great selection, but the friendliness of the staff was great.
We overall had a great time despite our housekeeping misadventures. This resort is great and we would go back in a second.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel