We stayed ant Port Orleans-French Quarter for our first trip to Disney World last week. We were very happy with our choice. We booked our trip through the Disney site and used the Magical Express to get from the airport to the resort and back. It did take a few hours for our luggage to arrive in our room. You will want to bring a carry-on with a change of clothes and pajamas for the kids. Our luggage got there well after bedtime. Overall we were very happy with our stay at the resort. We purchased the deluxe meal plan and it was definitely worth the money. The room was decent. My daughter was so excited when we returned to the room in the evening to find towel animals and her teddy bears arranged in a "towel hammock." The room could have been a little cleaner but it wasn't so bad that I wouldn't stay there again. There was a little mold in the grout of the shower and the carpet could have used a shampoo. The food court had a nice variety and the staff was friendly. The pool big and fun. The water slide was a winner for my daughter. Buses to the parks ran pretty regularly. Sometimes they were crowded and we had to wait for the next one. This was not such a problem on the mornings that we got an early start.
I would definitely stay at this resort again. I would also use the Magical Express and purchase the meal plan. It was a great trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel