Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Ranked #58 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Stayed at the French Quater in 2006. Very nice hotel. Ive stayed at many different disney hotels and liked this one. The rooms were very nice and clean. The dragon pool was very cool. Had a lot of fun with that !! I also liked the river ride on the boat to Downtown Disney/. One thing I would have changed id a closer room. We were in building 5 and it was kind of far from the main building. Loved It and would go back real soon.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank dflora7702

Reviewed February 16, 2009

This was not our 1st trip to a Disney Resort, but we loved POFQ! The smaller size of this resort makes it special, short line-up for bus, food, check in & etc. Also loved the easy boat access to Downtown Disney.
Very clean and well kept.
WILL RETURN!

1  Thank Fundytrail
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Very average hotel. Just like any othe place I've stayed. While I wouldn't make a special point to stay here, it was just as good as any other place. The room was clean, and generally looked pretty typical. Pool seemed nice, although we didn't swim because it was too cold. It had a little playground too, which my twins loved. It's smaller than the Riverside, which was nice for several reasons. 1. less walking to/from room. 2. one bus stop for the Disney parks versus at least 4 at the Riverside location. That is a big deal when coming back from a long day at the parks and you just want to get back to your room and not wait through a bunch of other bus stops. The boat took you to Downtown Disney and was nice; however, closed when it was too windy. It only has a cafeteria (no restaurants), with average food but costs a Disney$$ price. Welcome to Disney world, that is common. Buy the Disney cups for bottomless sodas, coffee, hot choc, etc, although remember it is only good in the resort, not the theme parks.The bus system to/from resorts was excellent. Never had to wait around for a ride, and the buses were clean. While I would not recommend the hotel, I would not discourage one from staying here either.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank daisymb
Reviewed February 10, 2009

We loved our 10 night stay at Port orleans French Quarter. From beginning to end service and amenities were all great. There are many negative comments here so as I write my review I will comment on these other viewpoints.

CHECK-IN: Yes, when we arrived at 2 pm there was a line but it moved swiftly and the check in person who helped us was friendly, full of info taking time to prepare us for all we needed to know. Most inportant, they upgraded us to a RIVER VIEW room free of charge when we didn't even ask for it.

THE ROOM: The room was well decorated and the set up was lovely. The seperation from the bath and sleeping area was much appreciated. The beds were ultra soft and the decor was fresh and not at all dated.

MOUSEKEEPING: There have been many complaints about the housekeeping at this resort. Our first full day there we left early - around 8 am and returned around 3 pm. Our room had not been cleaned yet and I was not pleased. There is a card in the room saying housekeeping will come any time between 8 and 4:30. I called housekeeping and discussed my displeasure. The maid was there within 5 minutes and I explained to her our schedule and what time of day we would like our room cleaned. She was very agreeable and for the rest of the stay our room was cleaned late morning while we were out.

Bathroom was always spotless, animals left, soft sheets and soaps etc. always plentiful.

THE GROUNDS: This resort is truly like being away from Disney. It is all cobblestoned streests, very quiet and peaceful. What a wonderful retreat after tiring days. We often felt as if we were the only ones there. We have stayed at the economy resorts before and this was a 100% improvement.

THE FOOD COURT: I really liked the food court. many are upset there is no sit down restaurant here. We ventured over to the Boatwright Dining Hall a couple of times and it was always crowded, crazy, loud and cumbersome. Even wih a reservation we were not seated. The food court even at its busiest time was friendly, fast and the food was not like a cafeteria. it was all fresh and made before your eyes. Burgers were great and highly recommend the huge chicken ceasar salad. Definitely a bonus when wanting to stay on the grounds for a meal. You could eat there or bring it back to your room.

BOTTOM LINE: I highly recommend this resort. Seems many people are desiring ultra deluxe. if that is what you want, stay at a deluxe resort. This is a moderate resort and far surpasses all expectations. For those who may encounter some problems politely address them with the appropriate staff and I guarantee you will be accomodated with genuine kindness.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank barrylnat
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I was surprised to read some of the negative reviews on this place. We stayed this weekend for one night. We had a quick and courteous check in. Our room was nice, with a big king bed. It was very clean. The resort itself had a very nice feel to it, and had great access to all things Disney. I felt it was reasonably priced and would go again.

Stayed: February 2009
3  Thank Mavis44
Reviewed February 7, 2009

This resort was everything we expected and more. Small enough to easily navigate but the theme made you feel like you were smack in the middle of New Orleans. Very romantic for couples and a relaxing atmosphere after a crazy day at the theme parks. Transportation was great, never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes for the bus. French Quarter is usually first to be picked up and last to be dropped off. You share the buses with Riverside next door. There is also a boat with transportation to Downtown Disney and the Riverside Resort. Riverside is huge, almost too huge. So I would recommend staying at French Quarter without hesitation. We stayed at Pop Century last time, and that was okay, but this moderate is really a step up and worth the extra $300 it cost me. Rooms are nice and big enough for two to four. Fridge and dual sinks in the bathroom come in handy. I would recommend this hotel for any family looking for a RELAXING Disney vacation.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Angelfan
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I booked the Port Orleans-French Quarter for a long weekend, hoping it would be an oasis of calm in the middle of the Disney chaos - and this exceeded my expectations. The quiet courtyards, peaceful walking paths, and friendly ambiance were a welcome respite after enjoying fun-filled and exciting days at WDW parks. Loved the relaxing boat ride to Downtown Disney. Used the in-room fridge to keep milk, yogurt, and sodas available. Enjoyed soaking my tired feet in the hot tub at night. And the Disney Express and other transportation helped me make this a restful, but affordable, long weekend.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo