“First family vacation!”

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Ranked #65 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

After a lot of research, my husband and I decided to stay at POFQ. It was a surprise Disney trip for our children (their first time). Our children are ages 9, 7 & 2. The staff did a very good job keeping things hush hush while we checked in. Upon checking in, we were told our room was ready for us (at 8am!). We stayed on the third floor in building #8. We would request #8 again, it was next to the pool, river, garden where they did the nightly campfire and also close to the food court. The resort was very quiet and peaceful.

The swimming pool was awesome, our children really enjoyed it. We had quite a scary incident with our 7 year old son, who required a lifeguard jumping in to his rescue. There were always 5 lifeguards at the pool and they took it very seriously. This lifeguard saved my child's life and I'm forever grateful to her.

The food at the food court was pretty good, however I wasn't a huge fan of their breakfast. Their Philly cheese steak sandwiches were very good!

Overall, we had an amazing time and we'll definitely be staying at POFQ again!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Megan B
Write a ReviewReviews (5,683)

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is one of my family classic favorite at Disney. I remember coming here when I was a little girl. The hotel itself its like a city. The first thing when we got to our room there was a broom in our from housekeeping? I mean I understand people forget but this get's worse when your read on. I don't know if it's okay but she brought her personal bag/purse inside a room? OMG really? Also, she left our trash in our room and did not take it one day. There was tape on the wall where someone was having birthday stuff up. We have never had this before at Disney where housekeeping did not care about the rooms. Overall I enjoy my time here, but very concern about housekeeping bringing their personal bag to rooms to clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny F
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here for 5 days 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay. We were lucky to stay in building 3 which was close to the lobby/restaurant and pool. We chose this one instead of Riverside because we wanted a smaller resort. We did take the boat to Riverside a few times which was nice. The food was ok, what you would expect from this type of hotel but the pool/atmostphere and service were wonderful. The only thing that I didn't like was the wait for the boat from Downtown Disney. It was a very long wait which would be ok if it was run properly. They just didn't seem organized and wasn't very "Disney" in their service. I do love that Disney sends you baggage tags; you don't have to get them from baggage claim they deliver them to your room. At check out they take your bags directly to the airport so you don't have to check them in.

Room Tip: Try to get a room by the lobby/pool. Some of the building are a pretty far walk from everything.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rclrebert
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A grown-up's weekend in WDW during the last weekend of school vacation, we were looking to stay somewhere with as few kids as possible, with all due respect. Port Orleans French Quarter fit the bill perfectly! The room was gorgeous and spacious and *clean*! The bathroom, very very tiny. Not a problem for a couple of adults thankful we didn't have to worry about bathing little ones in the limited space. That, however, would be the only negative to the room! The property and grounds were beautiful and we took full advantage of the water taxi every opportunity we had. Very close to the Riverside resort, we took a jaunt over, to find they have more dining options and a much much larger gift shop! :-( We would highly recommend French Quarter but with so many resort options, we will continue to "explore" but we were very very pleased, overall,

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kerryyokee
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The French Quarters was a great moderate hotel. Loved the beignets, the quiet peaceful resort, the convenience of the ferry ride to DWTN Disney and the pool. Our room was very clean, had two queen beds, closest location to the main building and on the second floor. We had a wonderful trip overall. We loved the towel animals everyday. We will definitely come again : )

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Christina B
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying, this was our first stay on disney property and now I have no intention off staying off site if we go to WDW again. The resort was perfect. Not huge like many of the other resorts appeared to be so everything was easy to get too, food court and buses and boat to downtown disney. The room was large enough for the two of us with two double beds. We were able to see the epcot fireworks from outside our room. I would definitely recommend requesting a river view room. The theming was In great detail and the grounds were kept in great condition. All in all a fantastic stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Matthew I
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

My second stay at Port Orleans, first at French Quarter. The resort is beautiful and small which I enjoyed!! The rooms are just fine. I really like the queen beds for sure!! Service is lacking here. Phone did not work, called and the front desk and they were not phased and did not even offer to fix it. Computers down at check out and again no one even cared. You could stand at the front desk and no one would even look at you. We were the only ones there one evening and just had a quick question. The desk people all had blank looks on their faces, looking down as if hoping we (the customer) would disappear. Bad front desk service for sure!! Not how I expected to be welcomed or treated during our stay. The workers at food court were very nice and actually smiled! Food however was terrible. Pastry offered at bakery was very good! Breakfast was fair, but I would not recommend lunch or dinner at ALL. Dried up and tasted bad!!!!! The workers at the gift shop were very nice and helpful. House keeping and front desk people need work!! Left an envelope with money for our housekeeper every morning, but when left a request for extra towels with our tip, that request was not fulfilled. Left a little note one morning to ask for a towel animal for my Dads birthday. That evening we found a small face cloth snake with pink ribbon on it. The note we SECRETLY left with our request was left attached! Pink for our Dad? And attaching our note kind of deflated the surprise for him! Other resorts on other stays left little surprises everyday for us, guess that isnt done here?! The resort is beautiful but staff could smile and pretend to want to help us or want to make our stay special. I sort of expect better service than a Super 8....Disney wants us to stay on its property and we should expect something more for doing so. I realize we did not book a deluxe resort, but I did expect a little better service at a"moderate" resort. French Quarter could kick up the service at this beautiful resort.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank lfuertes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
1 mi away
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!