We have just resturned from the States and one of our stops was WDW and Port Orleans French Quarter. After browsing the many hotels in the area, I feel that I have made a good choice. Me, my husband and 3 yo son have stayed there for a week. We used the Disney Magic Express from the airport but the parking was close and plenty.
The hotel is very nice, with many 2-floor buildings, decorated according to the theme. The resort borders the river, with a beautiful walkway that leads to Riverside. The grounds are very well kept and the resort is very peaceful. The pool is really nice, with moderate and kiddie slides and a very shallow pool that our non-swimming 3 yo loved. It really doesn't feel crowded even when all the loungers are occupied. One thing that I was very happy about was the Self Laundry located near the pool bar. You can only access it with a room key or magic band, so it's secure, and can lounge at the pool while waiting. You can do two loads of washing and drying, including detergent from the machines, for abou 10 dollars. Do have a credit card prepared, it's the only way it works.
The room is nice as well, not very big but it was sufficient for the 3 of us and a lot of baggage. The bathroom if medium sized, with a door only for the toilet and tub and a curtain for the 2-sink, clothes rack and ironing board area. Seif is also found here. Beware it is not too large, only fits a moderate laptop and some thin stuff, like passports and the like, maybe a wallet.
My biggest issue with the room is the air conditioning, which is probably the loudest thing I have ever heard and could be a bother to light sleepers.
Mousekeeping was good and even when we had the privacy sign on the door, they still left bags with fresh towels and toiletries at the door.
There are soda and ice machines in every building and there is an ice bucket and a coffee machine with coffee pods in the room.
The only restaurant is quick service and not my favourite but will do if you're tired and don't want to go out to other resorts or the parks. You can also take a stroll or the boat to Riverside for more dining options. The boat takes too long to wait for though so we only used it when we went Downtown, which is a nice ride if the weather is nice.
There where animated movies showing every night while we stayed there, on a big screen on the lawn between the buldings.
The buses were coming about 20 minutes apart so if travelling to the parks or other resorts, leave at least one hour before the time you have to be somewhere. Be careful and ask for directions if not going directly to the parks, as some parks do not have buses going there. We were late to Cape May restaurant at the Beach Club Resort because we took a bus to Epcot thinking we would catch a bus to the resort but as the resort is adjacent to Epcot there was none, so we either walked or took the boat, but for either we had to cross the park, which took time and we eventually walked since the boat took longer. So be careful which route you choose when going somewhere.
I recommend purchasing magic bands, even if you're not on a package. We used it for room key, park tickets, food and even linked a credit card so we didn't have to carry it around. You have to ask reception to link the card to your room account, though, and set a PIN to use it.
Overall, we were quite happy with our accommodations and would stay there again as we have loved the feel of the area far better than other resorts we have visited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel