I have been to Disney many times, but this was my first trip to a "moderate" resort, having stayed at Deluxe and Value resorts on different trips. My travel agent had a too good to be true offer running on this hotel and it's sister hotel, riverside, so I decided after lots of researching to stay here. It is now my favourite hotel on property...
The check in process was an absolute dream thanks to super helpful staff, which was appreciated after an 8 hour flight. They went over park opening hours for the next day, explained the boat (right by our room) would take us to downtown Disney, told us how to get to the table service restaurant at the sister hotel (a walk away) - nothing was too much. Our room was spacious, clean and cool - it really is just a base for us whilst we're at Disney, but it being so nice was a huge bonus. This hotel is tiny in comparison to other Disney hotels and I think that's why I liked it so much. The grounds are beautiful and kept immaculate, absolutely everything is in walking distance, including the sister hotel which has more pools and a table service restaurant (FQ has one pool and no table service).
I know the hotel has mixed reviews for its bus transportation, but we rarely had issues, only on two occasions did it go to all the stops at riverside, and that was mid afternoon. Every morning the bus would go directly to its destination, with the exception of the animal kingdom bus which stopped at a water park. I think considering the transportation is so frequent and free, it's pretty darn good. I spent a couple of lunch times by the pool (far too hot in the parks), it was clean and tidy but quite noisy with the kids club - this wasn't an issue at all for me, but people looking for a relaxing time may want to head over to the much quieter hot tub area.
The food court was perfect for our group because it served plenty of breakfast options, and for nights where we'd skipped dinner to carry on the parks, we could just pick up a bite on our way back to our room. Plenty of selection and always tasty.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't actually plan on spending much time there - its just so convenient. Everything is a stones throw away, the hotel is gorgeous and it's a lovely break from the parks because it's just so chilled out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel