We stayed here for 10 nights either side of Easter-we chose to return here for our anniversary, having stayed on our honeymoon. A complimentary upgrade was waiting for us on arrival, to our surprise and delight. The foyer and reception have had a sprucing up since our last visit - both were looking very well.
The restaurant is quick service, offering a good variety of food for all meals of the day at fairly good value. The pool bar remains as cheerful as ever, with a broader selection of drinks and an updated cocktail menu. The bar inside was also nice, although the entertainment wasn't as good as when we were here last - the lively jazz man who played his own instruments 6 nights a week has been replaced by a generic lounge singer with a laptop, 4 nights a week.
Each night a disney movie is shown under the stars, after toasting marshmallows by the new campfire-a quirky alternative for an evenings entertainment.
Being one of the Downtown Disney resort hotels, French Quarter is geographically convenient for lots-none of the parks are a particularly long bus trip away, and non-disney resorts aren't too far either. Downtown Disney itself is accessible either by bus or by river boat.
Transport to and from the airport was provided and a time-appropriate bus was booked for you. Advance check-in for your flight is also available now, although it didn't quite work for us- only I was checked in, with no luggage. I suspect that the fact that we were taking multiple flights, the second of which was international may have confused the system, but knowing Disney this will be ironed out over the next few months.
Out of the vast range of Disney hotels (and I have researched them all by now!), French Quarter remains our favourite, for charm and convenience. We can't wait to come up with an excuse to return, whenever that may be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelPower, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel