We stayed here in April 2014 for 5 nights towards the end of a busy 3 weeks in the park and it definitely exceeded our expectations. Beautifully landscaped grounds, lovely relaxing and peaceful feel - just what we needed after a day at the parks, friendly staff and the site is fairly small so a couple of minutes walk gets you right across it to the pool, restaurant, shop, boats to downtown disney etc.
Our room was averagely sized and we quite liked the sinks behind a curtain rather than in the bathroom layout, a new one on us! It looked newly done up, was immaculately clean, beds were comfy and the room was quiet, there was very little noise from either other rooms or from outside (my usual complaint about hotel stays).
The kids loved the pool and slide and the arcade and especially toasting marshmallows on the campfire, a nightly ritual well managed by some lovely staff who were great with the children. There is a nice little hot tub, well stocked shop and playground. Food, as everywhere at disney that I have experienced, was not great quality and overpriced for what it was although we found it better than at the beach club resort where we also ate. Staff were helpful but there is a system of ordering different things from different counters, some of which require a buzzer telling you when it is ready to collect but this resulted in an un relaxing meal time, my own meal going cold while I jumped up and down at different times to collect others. However, we had a car and generally ate out of disney.
Overall, we loved it and I would highly recommend staying here - if you are looking for a laid back feel, beautiful surroundings and some down time after the parks this is it. We visited other disney hotel sites and were so pleased we had chosen this one. If is in my opinion a bit less full on disney than others and has a quieter feel which was perfect for us and if you are looking for the same this is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel