Absolutely loved this hotel. The Mardi Gras theme was beautifully done, and the hotels really did remind me of French Quarter buildings in New Orleans!
We had a room in building 7, overlooking the parking lot. And honestly couldn't be happier with it. The air conditioner worked, there was a fridge, we could park super close to our room! Loved the small size of the resort. It was honestly the most relaxing place I had been all week! The added bonus was how close it was to all of the parks! A 10 minute drive to Epcot! A 15 minute drive to the monorail! Excellent hotel for those with a car. (Can't speak for the bus service as we only used it one day to go to Typhoon Lagoon).
The pool bar had an amazing bartender who was amused at our "math" skills. The pool itself was also really cute. I wish there had been a second hot tub, but really that's trivial. The front desk was incredibly helpful every single day when I had a stupid question, or needed a bandaid, or needed to make reservations for lunch.
The beignets were fabulous. And the food court had a wide variety of options. I heard some complaints about the food, but really if you need to be that picky take a walk up to Riverside. It's less than half a mile away.
And we loved the boat service to Downtown Disney! Captain Reed has the happiest boat on the water!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelPower, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel