Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
$94
$76
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$338
$289
$127
$261
$191
$286
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$176
$493
$391
Travelocity
5,819 results
All reviewsbeignetsport orleansfood courtdowntown disneythe busriver viewsassagoula riverdisney worldcorner roomstayed in buildingdining plangift shopboat ridecast membersmoderate hoteldouble sinkstowel animals
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Our family group of 12 stayed here for a week. This is the smaller and quieter of the two Port Orleans resorts. The staff were accommodating and while we all couldn't stay in the same building, we were close enough to each other. We ate every morning in the restaurant using our meal plan. The pool was closed but a shuttle and a boat were available to take people over to the pool at Port Orleans - Riverside. The rooms were larger than depicted in the photos with an amazing amount of storage space. I loved the bed and had a great sleep every night. Housekeeping surprised our grandchildren every day with towel art. We took the buses regularly to the parks. At peak hours you go directly to the parks but in the daytime, the buses can make stops at Riverside before heading to the parks which adds to your travel time. Initially I had thought this resort would not have been as 'themed' as other Disney hotels, but I came to enjoy the quiet and lazy New Orleans feel of the place, especially after a long day at the parks. We took advantage of the Disney Magical Express to get to and from the resort as well as the boat service to Downtown Disney. I was also able to arrange a shuttle from Hertz to pickup a rental car. I would highly recommend this for families.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Brigid H
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went here for a daughters spring break and it wasn't too bad. The price of the room was very affordable and they offer shuttle services to the theme parks. The hotel reminds me of the old MOTELs you would see, so you walk up to your room as opposed to it being inside of a building, which I'm not a big fan of. The views were beautiful, we had a lake view. The room is small and the bathroom is smaller. As usual, the decorating and theme style hit it on the head. Very New Orleans... The food options in the hotel were just ok. I fould it to be expensive, and I've stayed at other Disney resorts and it just seemed like this hotels food should have been a little cheaper. Either way they treat you like royalty here. The pools were nice and my kids stayed in all day! Which was great on days I didn't want to leave. I would visit again if I was on a budget, if not go to the more expensive hotel options.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DarlingNik
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed here for two nights this past weekend while I moved my daughter into her new residence. Being a Disney Vacation Club member, I used points to book the room. I've heard a lot of good things about POFQ and now I know why. The theming of the hotel is wonderful. Having been to the real French Quarter multiple times, I actually felt I was back there again. The only thing missing was the crowds and noise of Bourban Street and night (and some of the less Disney elements). The hotel is convenient to Downtown Disney via a ferry that runs every ten minutes, but is seemed to be more frequent than that. The parks (which we didn't visit this trip) are reachable via buses that run from the front of the resort.

The rooms are typical for the moderate resorts on the Disney property. Two queen beds, a table, two chairs and ample drawer space. There is a small fridge in the room. There are two sinks outside the bathroom with a privacy curtain separating them from the rest of the room. My only real complaint was the bathroom which was small and seemed dark, although the longer the light stayed on, the brighter it seemed to get. It may be that I'm just used to the bigger vacation club villas. The room itself was a nice size and you don't feel cramped for space.

The resort is the smaller of the two Port Orleans resorts. The other, Port Orleans Riverside, used to be known as Dixie landings before they combined the two resorts into one. Riverside is the bigger of the two resorts. I liked the size of POFQ, it is much more intimate and you don't have top walk far to get to the main lobby where the shop and food court is. There is no table service restaurant there, but Boatwrights is a good choice at Riverside and reachable by the previously mentioned ferry or about a seven-minute walk. They serve you corn bread while waiting for your meal and it was some of the best I've ever had. But, I digress.

If I ever have a need to stay outside of the DVC resorts family, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Building 3 is the closest to the front, but with the size of the resort not being too big, any building is too far. Building 2 had rooms that overlook the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sportsphotog
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I travelled to Disney's French Quarter resort in September 2013. My family of four was joined by 4 other families all staying at the same resort. Over all we were disappointed with our stay at this resort. We have stayed at the sister resort the Riverside once and at the Pop Century twice. Crazy me I kind of expected more out of a moderate than we got from a value resort but I was wrong. Here is the breakdown.

Transportation - the Magical Express was fine coming and going. No issues there. My biggest complaint about the resort transportation is that it is just one big open waiting area. There are no lines like there are at the Value resorts so you have people arriving and pushing their way to the front of the line for the busses. On two occassions we were in line and the bus stopped at the back of the line and everyone who had just arrived got on the bus and we didn't even though we had been waiting for 15 minutes. I did complain about this to the transportation department but saw no improvements while I was there.

Grounds - the grounds of this resort are quite lovely. Not as nice as Riverside but very nice and peaceful. It was nice to stroll around. The kids really enjoyed the pool and the slide.

Atmosphere - in a word lacking. This is suppose to be a Mardi Gras theme yet I found everything very dull and boring. There was no fun to the resort at all. When we were at the Pop they were doing the hustle in the food court and I was expecting some of the same high energy in a Mardi Gras theme but did not get any. The guy at the front door handing out coins was good and the kids loved getting the coins. When we checked in there was a girl doing balloon animals but that was the extent of the fun atmostphere at this resort. Nothing against the staff as they were all very nice.

Rooms - I was not happy with the location or our room in building 6. I found it kind of out of the way and inconvenient. The resort is not large but I just really felt like I was stuck out of the way. I have to say I did like having the two queen beds. This was a definite plus over the value resorts. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable but unfortunately the comfort of the room could not make up for the rest of the resort. We also found the mousekeeping staff was not as good as other resorts. We only got one towel animal and it was after we complained about the lack of fun in the resort. We had some kind of balled up thing with eyes thrown in our room that none of us could figure out. Even on my son's birthday when I had stuff in the room indicating it was a birthday they still did nothing above and beyond. And before you think it is because we didn't tip them we did, every day.

Check in- seemed to go smoothly until we went to get some lunch. Our meal credits were coming off our friend's credits and when my husband tried to get our resort mugs he was told we had already gotten them. When he told the guy we had just gotten there he begrudgingly let him have the mugs but made my husbad feel as if he were stealing them. When I went to the front desk about the issue they tried to correct it but had to end up cancelling my entire reservation and rebooking it. We had to sit around and wait for this to be done. It was a pain as we wanted to get to Downtown Disney. We were also suppose to have rooms in the same area for all of the families traveling together and we were spread out. They were able to move some of us to be closer but one family was a fair distance that it made it impossible to sit out on the walk way during the evening when young children were in bed.

Other - After the fiasco with the room and meal credits the front desk asked if there was anything they could do to make it up to me. I very reasonably asked for nothing more than a welcome message to be left on our phone. We had always had one waiting on check in any other time we stayed and our kids really like it. So they said they would arrange that. Well we never received our welcome message. To make it worse I arranged for a birthday greeting for my son on his birthday. I booked it and then went back a couple days later to verify and then verified the day before his birthday. The morning arrived, the phone rang and it was a wake up call. I called the front desk to let them know that I received a wake up call and not a birthday message. They put me through to the birthday message and it played for my son. He was excited and didn't realize the mistake but it was just one more thing to happen at this resort.

While the resort itself it nice I can get a nice room cheaper at an off site hotel. We stay on Disney property for the fun Disney atmosphere and the magic that comes along with it. Unfortunately this resort fell short on the magic. May be OK for older families or couples but for my family with younger children I am going back to the Pop.

Room Tip: Request a building closer to the main hall. It is not a huge resort but I found our location inconvenient.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RyleyNS
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were only able to stay one night in the French Quarter. Our room felt like a motel with the window and bed near the door allowing every noise in the passageway to be heard in the room. The two upholstered chairs in the room were filthy and stained leaving us nowhere to sit. The towels were thin and dingy and the beds uncomfortable. I was so disappointed that this was a Disney resort hotel. I must admit the exteriors of the hotel were beautiful. But if you want a good night of sleep......stay somewhere else!

Stayed: March 2014