We stayed at POFQ the week before Christmas; the crowd level was not bad at all. This is our third time staying at this resort in as many years. We are a family of 5; 4 adults and one teenager. We asked for connecting rooms and our request was granted; we booked through AAA. I did ask for building 3 or 4 but they were not able to grant that request so they upgraded us to a river view room in building 6. Buildings 3 & 4 are very close to the bus stop but all of the buildings are close since this is such a small resort. Our building was very quiet, but I have to say I wouldn't want to pay for the upgrade for river view. Our room was clean when we checked in (something I am extremely funny about) and mousekeeping kept up every single day. Staff was very friendly when we checked in; the process probably took 10-15 minutes since we didn't do online check in. As in the other reviews, the grounds are gorgeous, the rooms is plenty large enough with 2 queen beds which we all thought were very comfortable.
The food court worked out great for us as we had the dining plan. We had 1 quick service breakfast and 1 quick service lunch there. Each time the food was very good. Everyone was polite and it was very easy to navigate.
My ONLY complaint I ever have about this resort would be the bus system. This year was the worst yet. One day we waited over 30 minutes for a bus to Epcot at 10:30 in the morning. We also shared with Riverside SEVERAL times; not just coming back from downtown Disney. We barely made it to our dining reservation at the Magic Kingdom one evening because we had to pick up/drop off at Riverside's 4 stops before we could be on our way. Just in case you are wondering, that takes about another 30 minutes. I can't understand because we drive right past our entry to French Quarter twice! We all found this to be very frustrating. The bus at this point is extremely packed. On our first trip we stayed at All Star Music; it was a great resort but we didn't like the size and the waits for the bus. Well, the bus system is not any better here. I hate to say this because I love everything else about this resort.
We will most likely stay here again; I can't see paying the price of the Deluxe resorts and the other moderate resorts are so much larger.
I hope my review was helpful! Have a wonderful vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel