Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotels.com
$93
$80
  • Pool
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$204
Cancelon
5,822 results
All reviewsbeignetsport orleansfood courtdowntown disneythe busriver viewsassagoula riverdisney worldcorner roomstayed in buildingdining plangift shopboat ridecast membersmoderate hoteldouble sinkstowel animals
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is the most convenient Disney resort at the moderate level.

It provides boat services to downtown Disney, which avoid the buses with multiple stops, and it brings us right into the center of downtown Disney.

In addition, this resort is very compact. Unlike the Caribbean Beach Resort or Coronado Springs resort, everything in this resort is within walking distance, including the bus station. It make it extra convenient for meal plan purchasers, since we got easy access to the fountain machine, tea and coffee in the evening.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Naixiang Y
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for three nights in September. Our room was nice. It was clean and had enough space for us. It was located in the 5200 building (I believe) and it was decently close to the pool and a two-min walk from the lobby. My only gripe is that the beds had bedspreads...ewwww. I am a sucker for washable duvets and runners. I will almost never book rooms with bedspreads, but in this price range on the WDW property, I didn't have that option.

My sister checked in before I arrived but she said it went smoothly. I had little interaction with the staff but the ones I did speak with were helpful. I was running late to the airport shuttle (magical express) and called down for help with my luggage. I stressed the bus was coming in 10 mins and they had someone up to my room in three minutes. He helped me with my bags and drove me around to the bus stop in his golf cart. The airport luggage check-in at the hotel rocked!!! Why can't all hotels have this?

We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We also loved the dining facility! Great selection of snacks and meals. I loved the Buffalo Chicken Po Boy Sandwich and my sister got numerous Mickey Ear ice cream treats!

We didn't have any major issues with bus transportation, but keep in mind this place is not exactly next door to the park. We never waited more than 10 mins for the bus to arrive. Depending on the park, the ride seemed to take 15-25 minutes...somewhat annoying but doable. I would definitely stay here again! For the price, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed October 8, 2013

this is one of the smaller disney resorts. They make you feel so welcome, sometimes even greeting you with a mardi gras necklace. We have stayed here several times.
They have cobblestone streets and horse and buggy rides at night, there is a food court with several stations, a gift shop. One plus to this resort is it is right on the sassagoula river and you can take a boat for free from there to downtown disney. there is also bus service to the parks. Very romantic settings for couples. there was a nice pool with slide which I seen alot of kids at but none really roaming around the grounds.

Room Tip: we had building 4 which is behind the bus stop. we also had a corner room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank disneydede19
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for four nights in mid-Sep 2013. Really enjoyed it!

We were lucky enough to get a room in the block right next to the main building, so we never had to walk far. Staff were really nice and friendly, and housekeeping left lots of fun towel animals in the room for us :D

Hotel itself is very laid back and pleasant. Rooms were extremely comfortable; ours was a garden view, which looked out into the hotel's inner "roads". Food court was good, but the food choice got a bit limited after a few days. Head to Riverside, 10 minutes away by boat, for a better selection. The only thing lacking at FQ is a full-service restaurant, really.

Magic Kingdom is about 20 minutes away by shuttle, and Epcot only 10. From what we saw, FQ is the better alternative to Riverside because there are less rooms, and so shuttle buses to/from the parks are much less crowded and arrive at more frequent intervals.

We really enjoyed the boat rides to Downtown Disney and Riverside. It's very pleasant and quite fun.

Definitely get the refillable mug at the food court; it's good for all the hotels (but not the parks) and pays for itself very quickly. They also have Disney dollars at the check-in desk!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ravensilvers
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived a day early for our trip to Disney. We were booked for 4 nights at the Polynesian, but since we arrived early, we were able to secure a room for the night at the Port Orleans Resort. Moderately priced, this little gem was very much the ambiance you would expect for a New Orleans themed room. The beds were high, the floors wood, and the décor straight out of the south. Kids loved the pool. Nice stay, would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family