“Don't let the size fool you...”

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Ranked #65 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Pottstown
“Don't let the size fool you...”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The french quarter is the right size for my family. You can walk from the bus stop, to the main building and to your room without feeling like you ran a marathon. I requested a garden room and was rewareded with a pool side view it was great I was a little disappointed with the housekeeping.
I will return to the french quarter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let me start by saying that we stayed at Pop Century 3 years ago. I wrote a review on it and basically I didn't like it. For the price I guess it was ok but for our family it was awful. Very cheap.

This resort was really nice. We had 2 adjoining rooms? My husband and I had. King bed and the adjoining room had 2 queen beds for his mom and the 2 kids. It had a good feel from the moment we pulled in. The grounds are very well taken care of. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Our room was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The bathroom vanities were really pretty and the bathroom was clean. No complaints on the room at all. I found the bed and pillows really comfortable and I am picky on that stuff. The pool was nice for families. It was just a really simple nice clean resort for the price.

I had no issues with the buses except once it was slow. It took 30 minutes to arrive but it happened once so no big deal. The boat ride to Downtown Disney was nice and quick. We didn't eat at the resort but did get drinks and snacks but it appeared clean.

The gift shop had a lot of nice things. We got a charm bracelet and some pins for the kids. Checkout was a bit confusing as we go a note saying to call this number to pay for our luggage so we can check in for our flight home at the resort. It was a hassle and no one could help me. So I went to check in the morning we were leaving with the airlines and the did everything for me.

We got the free dining plan with this trip and it was worth it. I would definitely stay in this resort again.

Room Tip: We chose to ask for a quiet room so we were in building 7. I liked it bc by the pool it can get noi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a brilliant holiday at Disney!! The hotel is excellent, the staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel facilities were brilliant. We stayed as a family of 3, with a 5 year old son. Our room was in block 7 with a river view which was excellent. it was extremely quiet and the room had everything you need and was nice to relax in after busy days at the park. The boat to disney was a great extra to the resort and we did not queue once. The buses were very convenient and dropped you right at the door of all the parks. We did not have the dining plan and did eat once in the restaurant but it did feel like a cafe!!! We had a car with our holiday through Alamo, so we went out, which was great, as we had a great choice of restaurants locally, like Perkins and lonestar steakhouse.... I would not recommend Alamo but that's a different story!!! All in all, we will be back and would recommend this resort to everyone ....

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for the Disney Marathon weekend and its very similar to Port Orleans Riverside. Above average quality with a Disney pricetag. No included breakfast, but still a nice property. Did not like the fact that a curtain divides the bathroom and bedroom,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GallagherLaw
Richburg, South Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a great time at the French Quarter. Every morning I got up before everyone else and took a walk around the resort. The place is lovely. Just a little walk away the river and boat dock are. Our room was close to the front since my father can't walk to much. We decided to use this time to celabrate our birthdays and my parents anniv. They had put all kinds of things in the room by the time we got back from the park. It was a great suprise. The room was very clean and the mousekeeper ( housekeeper ) made towel creations every morning she cleaned the room. All the employees were very nice and polite. Just loved it. stayed back in December of 2009 can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

love this hotel, i chose to stay at this hotel as i was taking my elderly parents on holiday with my daughter and myself and thought it would be easier for them to get around with being the smaller of the disney hotels, i was not disapointed. From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough to make our stay magical even a complimentary wheel chair for my mother. The food choice was a bit limited but only a five minute walk to Riverside where they have a bigger selection so it was not a big deal. After staying previously at the all star resorts i would and finding them quite noisy with the groups that stay there, french quarter will be my first choice now

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

You cannot go wrong at PO French Quarter. Just two weeks before we had stayed at PO Riverside which we had stayed before and liked it. The French Quarter though is much more easier to navigate, get around, and you don't have to walk as far. The buses are good and easy to catch. Sometimes you have to go all around the Riverside portion, but it's all good. Usually at French Quarter you get dropped off first before Riverside. The food court is sufficient and better choices than Riverside. The beignets are very good!!!!
We definitely will come back to French Quarter!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!