“Excellent Hotel”

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Ranked #60 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just got back from here and we really loved it. We were upgraded to a river view room when we checked in at 10 in the morning and the room was ready straight away. We loved the fact that you could get a boat to downtown disney. I used the spa most days as it was really nice and warm. The resort is so clean and nicely set out. We are going to go back in 2015

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ge0rdiebird
Write a ReviewReviews (5,634)

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My son picked this hotel by the picture of the pool. I don't think it would matter where we stayed in Disney, the service is unbelievable everywhere you go and this hotel is no exception. I am amazed at how well they anticipate your needs. Ask anyone any question and you'll not only get a helpful answer but additional suggestions, information, and ideas that you didn't even think of. The pool was a hit with my 8 year old too. The Disney transportation to and from the airport made travel almost stress free (the stress coming from traveling with kids not from Disney). Getting around the Disney resort was easy and busses timely and dependable. This was a great vacation. I can't wait to do it again!

One thing, if you need to work out while your in Disney, you will need to stay somewhere else. There is no fitness facility here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Mike F
Reviewed August 6, 2013

First time, we have visited Disney. The whole experience was second to none. The room was clean and very comfortable, with fridge and safe included. The pool and activities and lifeguards were exceptional. The Disney dining plan took some working out and at the end of the holiday we were left with 18 meals left over. The meals were good but the choice was restrictive after a week. We loved the transport to take us to the disney parks - fabulous! Why go to Universal? Something for everyone.
Thomson Cook online however were not as good as could have been.

Room Tip: All rooms at the French quarter were similar.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Pickles2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is my second stay at this property and its pluses remain - location, location, and cost. As a moderate priced hotel it fit our budget and delivered the essentials. Those are, comfortable beds, some theming, convenient transportation, helpful staff, on property ealy admissions and most importantly an in-room refrigerator. This property is small enough to be an easy walk even if you are on the far end from the lobby. The location on the river is nice and the boats into Downtown Disney are nice break from the buses (albeit a bit slow). For my family going to Disney is not about plushness of the hotel as we spend very little time in the room so the extra few feet of space at a luxury property would be wasted on us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank A C R
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really liked the theming of this resort, it didn't SCREAM Disney like the value resorts do. It also was quite calm and laid back, there weren't tons of kids running around. It seemed like it would be a great resort for couples or people with older kids. The rooms were a bit small compared to your standard hotel outside of Disney, but I think they are pretty standard for on property. The pool was nice, and I liked that it is pretty compact so you were never far from the pool or the lobby or the gift shop. I didn't actually eat a meal at the resort as we ate in the parks every day, but the one thing some people complain about is the lack of a sit down restaurant. Really, I'd only go to the sit-down at a resort if it was one of the deluxe resorts, so this did not bother me. I would definitely stay here again, especially on an adults-only trip. I want to take the horse-drawn carriage ride through the resort as well. I think young kids might be bored here. Transportation wise, this resort was running it's own bus to the parks and not sharing which was nice, but even so sometimes you'd get multiple buses showing up for one park, and it could take a long time to get the one for the park you wanted. I didn't get to try the boat to downtown Disney, but I suspect that is more efficient than the bus.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank lmdubbs
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

On the last night of a 14 night stay and it has been great we have had no problems here at all. The rooms were a good size for myself, my husband and two teenage boys they were cleaned daily to a high standard. The food was fine not top quality but a good choice of fast food staff were friendly and had no problems. We stayed at Coronado Springs last year which I prefered looks wise but french quarter wins hands down for the size of the resort everything is very compact and a short walk to everything. Had no problem with disney transport and only waited once for more than 10mins some buses are shared with the riverside so that can sometimes add to your journey. The pool was nice and there were always sunbeds available also movies under the stars on thr grassed area between buildings. If I decided to visit disney again i wouldnt hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Stitch31
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The grounds were well kept and spacious. The room was a tad small for four of us but nice and clean. Not really what I expected from a Disney Resort, not a lot going on, but at the end of a long day in the parks I guess it's a bit of a blessing. The location of the room was great, in terms of being close to the amenities because we didn't have far to walk at all. The pool area was nice, although the first time we visited it, the water changed colour for some reason so it was everybody out and the second time it was everybody out because of an impending storm. Gave up after that!
The food was ok, basic, didn't do the dining plan. Should have a proper restaurant on site where you can have a proper cooked breakfast if you want one
Transport was ok, every 20 minutes or thereabouts. A bit of a drag coming back from Downtown Disney at the end of the day because it drives past the French Quarter first but drops off at all the Riverside stops before eventually dropping you off
Overall I enjoyed the holiday mainly because of my granddaughter, being her first time at Disney. If your looking for somewhere quiet and pleasant to stay in Disney then look no further. If your looking for excitement within this resort, then there's every chance you will be disappointed
I have given four stars mainly for cleanliness and no hassle. It's unlikely, I personally would stay at this resort again but only because if in the event of ever returning to Florida, I would probably want to try a different resort

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bonbon928
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
1 mi away
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!