I stayed here during October 2012 with my 2 children, 11 & 15 on our first Disney World holiday. Obviously its a very flamboyant place & the experience begins from the moment you get on your bus from the airport & we were impressed from that moment on. The hotel did not disappoint. The attention to detail is wonderful & the quality of our stay was high. It's a very clean environment with very helpful & friendly staff. Our room was of an excellent standard & I really cannot fault any of the services the hotel provide. There are lovely little touches everywhere; an outdoor cinema club, showing a different Disney classic each night on a small area of grass right next to our accommodation block, a camp fire party toasting marshmallows next to the river where steam boats take guests to & from Down Town Disney, pool-side games with enthusiastic staff, a large hot tub that we relaxed in every evening & a pool side bar that I used on a couple of occasions to watch a game over a beer, or 2, are just a few of our favourites. The food was of a decent standard & the meal deal we had opted for was marvelous value. I particularly enjoyed eating breakfast outside in the sun, but had to hope for a table as there are only a few located outside. Towards the end of our 2 week stay there was only one small niggle. I started to grow quite tired of hearing the omnipresent New Orleans style jazz music that is piped in to all areas of the resort, including the toilets! This is more of a personal negative though, I'm sure some people may find it positively charming, but not me!
All in all, this was a wonderful holiday, based in a wonderful & attentive hotel. We were very happy with our stay & would highly recommend. Disney may be taking over the World, but they'll obviously be doing it in a very clean, efficient & polite way! ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel