We had chosen this resort both for price and size. The atmosphere was relaxed and casual. We had asked for a room in building 4 because of it's proximity to the bus stop and food court and even though we arrived early and the requested room wasn't ready, another room was found in that building. We had read negative comments about the food court, but we were not at all disappointed - even quite impressed that they were able to use the same space for 4 different menus: breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night. While it was busy we never had long to wait, the food was always freshly prepared and we always found comfortable seating outside. For a dining esperience, take a nice walk, or the boat to the adjoining river front resort. Our room was very clean. The curtain separation between the bedroom and sinks, made dressing easy and another convenience was the separate shower and toilet. There was no closet, just a bar inside the dressing area, but we found the storage sufficient. Our immediate complaint was the lighting. There was a bright overhead light and two very bright lights on the wall over the bed (sconce type) The problem was there were no lamps, so the room was very bright or pitch dark - a real problem if one person wanted to sleep earlier than another. We requested a lamp, and although they didn't have them in any of the rooms, they got one off site and it was in our room when we returned in the evening. Great service.
Moderate resorts do not have balconies, but rather outside entrances. Because we were on the third floor, we were able to view the Epcot fireworks from outside our room (only the high ones).
While the bus rides are not my favorite, we never waited long for a bus, either at the resort or at any of the parks. Although we didn't get a chance to participate, the outdoor movies (on inflatable "drive-in" type screens on the lawn, were a nice wind down at the end of the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel