“Disney World” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
Navarre, Florida
“Disney World”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was our first trip out to Disney World. Great staying in the resort area. Hotel was not bad, area was pretty nice, limited on what was there on the grounds. Dining area had 4 small different areas of food to choose from. To cold to swim while we were there. Short walk to a near by resort and a short boat ride to downtown Disney where there was plenty to do. Great staff, nice place.

Room Tip: We had a corner room so there was no issue of neighbors (just on one side)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Bryan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We debated whether to stay in Disney world and pay a bit extra or stay out. We are so glad we chose to stay at a Disney hotel the buses were so convenient and saved a lot on rental. Loved this hotel while not 5 star fancy it had a lot of character. The thing that made it stand out for us was the high quality of curtains and sound proofing. We are a family of 4 and we liked to stay out till the parks closed and sleep in. Some mornings we didn't wake till 9.30 which has never happened anywhere else due to noise,light etc. Pool was nice to come back to. The resort didn't seem crazy busy even though we were there in June. Food court had limited variety particularly for healthy options.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Leanne S
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

When choosing an Hotel, I really like TA advice because I have an idea of what to expect from a hotel, five star reviews doesn´t mean luxury, just an idea of what would you expect to receive.

So in other visits I stayed at Windsor Hills, Vistana Resorts among others but this time we decided to stay by first time (my 12 visit to Orlando) in a Disney Hotel mainly because we I was traveling only with my wife and son.

Pros:
1) Its incredible how you breathe the Disney Atmosphere in their hotels no way to be compared with other accommodations.
2) Disney Transport: it's great, no worries for the luggage at the car or the parking at Disney hotels.
3) Extended hours: a great benefit
4) Disney Dinning Plan: great if it’s free, I ate in some restaurants that probably I never would go like T-Rex restaurant at Downtoown Disner ($30 for an hamburger!!!)
5) Hotel: unlike from a house you forget about making the bed or cleaning your house.
6) FQ Hotel was great, stayed in building 7 but was a short walk to any place in the hotel, also the boat to downtown it’s nice.

Cons
Not really bad things, maybe some things to have in mind when you make your decision
1) I really like that in a house when traveling with parents that don't live with me, we share time in a house rental, not the same in an hotel.
2) Probably if not taking the dinning plan for free you'll pay a lot more than staying in a house.
3) You have only a room, in a house you have a big kitchen, your private pool, living room.

Probably for a week I’ll choose again a Disney property room, for 2 weeks: one at Disney and the other in a house.

Hope helps!!!

Thanks

Room Tip: Any building in FQ seems to be a great .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank MG2006
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We chose this resort based on reviews at Trip Advisor and in other guide books and it was everything other reviewers said -- a smaller, convenient property with good amenities and more reasonable prices than the Disney luxury resorts.

We were part of a group of three families with six small children among us and found the grounds to be peaceful and not busy, the food court always seemed to have enough room to accommodate our group at adjacent tables, and the transportation to the parks by bus and by boat to Downtown Disney was quick and reliable.

Unfortunately the weather was too cold for swimming but the pool area looked amazing and I know the kids would have loved it. The playground was a nice touch although our kids loved exploring the streets and squares of the French Quarter and seeing the horse drawn carriages at night.

Our room in building 1 faced away from the water and was very peaceful and the only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because I thought the beds could have been more comfortable. They also creaked and groaned a bit. Otherwise everything was great...I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the water where the boats pass by and off the carriage route. You pro...
7 Thank LivingInWien
Charlotte, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I arrived, I requested a top floor room for a quieter setting. I was issued a 2nd floor room in building 7. The carpet and walls appeared quite dated and worn, even though the resort advertises as "newly remodeled." The walls had stains on them, as well as the carpeting. I returned to guest services and requested a different room. They were very polite and eager to accommodate. I was granted my third floor room in the same building at this time. Room still appeared "old" looking, but was very clean. Good housekeeping services throughout the trip. Front desk/guest help desk employees very attentive to my needs and often personally came up to me to to answer any questions when they saw me get in line, so I wouldn't have to wait with all the other guests checking in/out. The pool is open til 11 pm, but the slide closed by 7 every day due to a lack of lifeguard on duty, which disappointed my kids since we were at the parks all day and looked forward to playing in the pool in the evening. So, they only slid down the slide one day out of 7. Bus services from the hotel was great. Very short waits, and minimal extra stops on the way to the destination. Quick service restaurant on site was adequate. Unfortunate that leftover quick service meal credits could not be used to purchase snacks for the trip home.

4 Thank Steph F
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have stayed at several different WDW resorts, from Value to Deluxe and Port Orlenas French Quarter is our favourite. The resort is small so not overly busy and crowded. The Mardi Gras and New Orleans themes are great. Pool has a waterslide perfedt for kids. The food court doesn't have as many choices as other Disney property resorts but the food is great. Since the resort is small and laid out well, nothing to is to far away. Requested a building next to the main building and it was granted. That also put us right by the main pool and laundry facilities. The boat to downtown Disney is a beautiful ride and the boats run often. The longest wait we had to any of the theme parks was 20 minutes. We would definitely stay at this resort again!

7 Thank RCMommy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I love this resort. It has lovely rooms, with all the little details you expect from Disney. It has a helpful and courteous staff. I loved the atmosphere, it was perfect for every age group. It was much quieter then other Disney resorts I've stayed at. So young and old will love it with its themed pool and large hot tub. It also had a boat service to downtown Disney. The bus service was quick and easy to use, and it seemed to be really close to the magic kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood studios. I am a big fan of this resort, if money was not an issue, I am pretty sure I would still choose this resort over many of the deluxe resorts at Disney. Great value and atmosphere!!!

• Stayed December 2012