“Loved This Resort!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Loved This Resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Celebrating our Anniversary and My husband's Birthday we spent 3 nights at the French Quarter. We a nice surprise! I had beed a little worried after some of the comments I read but nothing to worry about. We stayed on the 3rd floor of bldg 1. Our room was great. I wish the hotel that we did stay in when we visited the city of NOLA had been any where near as nice. The room and everything in it was in great shape. Clean and properly tended. Plenty of bath towels and the beds were comfy.
This is a very small resort by DWD standards and it sits right on the river. The water taxi ride to Market Place was fun and relaxing. The hot tub was hot and really soothed away my aches and pains from all the walking. The entertainment in the little bar each night was fantastic!!!! Strongly recommend!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lfreefall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Galloway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I couldn't wait to get away for a few days. We decded to stay at the Port Orleans Resort and we were not disappointed. Everyone is very friendly and the property is clean. We used the dining meal plan. The food court had a nice varity that it would appeal to anyone's needs. The pool was very nice with pleny of life guards on duty. The room was comfortable and charming. We are ready to plan our trip for next year!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jaimie F
Hope Mills, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We checked in on Nov 23 and where to be staying until Dec 1 to celebrate my sons 13th birthday. Unfortunately only 3 days into our stay Nov 26 my grandfather passed away and we had to leave. We went down to the check-in/check-out desk and we being helped by a very wonderful lady, but there were some issues that she did not have the control to make the decisions on. She called her supervisor over to try and help with the issue. He was of no help what so ever. He was the most uncaring and condesending person I have ever encountered at Disney. They were willing to refund us for the 5 nights we had left at the hotel, but were only going to give us a 208.00 total refund for the 5 days left on our park tickets for 4 people. Since we had used 3 days of tickets they were charging us 250.00 per ticket per pseron and giving is 10.00 per day per person back as a refund. All we were asking was for 5 days tickets to use in the future, not the money back. he said absolutely not he would not do that for us. While he was talking to my mother I overheard another customer service person talking and said that in the past when something like this happend they have seen them issue a pass for the unused days. After going round and round with him while my mother cryed about the death of my grandfather and this young man being very uncaring and alof about the whole situation, we finally asked to speak to someone over this man who name was (Christian) and he went and got his supervisor. She then came out and started giving us the same information that he had. We explained to her that we didnt want the money back for the tickets just tickets to be used at a later date. She offered for us to pay 250.00 more per ticket to upgrade to a no experation ticket. But this time I am pissed, they wanted us to pay 1000.00 more for out tickets. I understand that there are policies and rules for a reason, but there are always extenuating circumstances and things can be done in those situations. Finally she said that she would have to call her supervisor to make that decision, she came back less than 5 mins later and said that it had been approved and we would be receiving four passes for 5 days each in the mail within a week. It was very disheartening to haev to go thru all of this during our time of loss and feel like the people there could careless what was going on it was all about the money to them. I expected so much more from Disney as that has been my experience in all my past visits and we are there almost once a year.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the launry area and you will be close to the food court and transportation a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank Katina M
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge (delux hotel) the previous year I was expecting to be disappointed with this moderate resort...

I wasn't at all! It was fantastic! There was lots of activities going on and the campfire was particularly good for children as was the nightly outdoor movie.

The pool was great and we loved being able to get the boat to DTD. The food court was lovely too, enough choice for us and we were there for 17 nights.

A lovely walk to next door's Riverside too and we enjoyed breakfast here one day. Had lots of activities there (even more) although we thought our pool at FQ was nicer.

Would certainly recommend to anyone considering it. Especially as staying in any disney hotel makes a great holiday even more magical! The only thing I missed about the delux hotel was not having a private balcony.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are very scenic although without a balcony, it isn't essential.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 10Bel
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived quite tired after a long day travelling from England to a nice welcome from reception . We were given our choice of a room on a high floor(3rd) which was as expected.Our last visit was quite a few years ago at Riverside then Dixie Landings with our teenage children.This time as it was just us for two nights to check out some Disney and to make full use of the transport rather than doing lots of driving as we would be on the rest of our holiday.We were in block 4 which was close to everything and as we were only there a short while didn't choose a room with a view and were overlooking some gardens and carpark whick was ok but were woken every morning by lots of beeping of reversing vehicles. Our room was quite comfty but nothing special and was cleaned well. The safe is small but a nice size fridge.The transport was overall good apart from when we went to The Boardwalk to the Kouzzina restaurant on our second evening. The concierge said to go to Hollywood studios on the bus then get the boat which took an hour.We came back via the bus changing at Downtown Disney which took over an hour. We were reccommended this restaurant but found it very noisy and probably not worth the travelling probably a crazy idea on our part. We didnt use the foodcourt but found the shop had some handy items.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank PaJa09
Clover, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Disney the last three years. We've stayed at Pop Century twice and were looking for a smaller resort that involved a little less walking this time around. I did a little research and determined that French Quarter sounded like the ticket. Checking in was a breeze and getting the luggage to the room was significantly easier than Pop Century. The bus stops to and from the resort weren't nearly as crowded as other resorts and places on Disney property. We didn't have any bus troubles whatsoever while we were there. It was nice to be able to take the boat to Downtown Disney one night when we got back from the parks. We didn't get to swim but the pool looked nice and there is even a hot tub. One of the afternoons, we even saw a horse and carriage riding around the resort. If, I mean when, we decide to come back to Disney there is a great chance we would choose Port Orleans again.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Petey05
Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had 3 adjacent rooms at this hotel. The rooms were cookie-cutter Disney, themed, clean, pristine grounds. There was a serenity about the complex, that I found to be unlike other Disney resorts, I would wake up at 6:30 and just sit outside and enjoy the views. The food court was suitable but busy, the pool adorable and not as chaotic as I expected, the check in quick (we used the online check in before we arrived), and all of the staff extremely friendly. My husband commented that there were no grab bars in the shower, code here in CT. The only downside is the bus transportation to the parks. Almost every day, we had an excess of 20 min wait for the bus, and another 10 mins to load the bus, so you can figure 45 mins wasted each way. Driving, and having to take the tram from the theme park parking lots was almost the same amount of time. I would definately select this hotel for a future DisneyWorld trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 4. It was close to the food court and buses. Good choice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family