Port Orleans is the resort at Disney that you want to come to if you want more of an adult Disney experience. Although we were here during an off-season, it was relatively quiet. Of course like the rest of Disney everyone here is almost saccharine friendly and almost unnaturally happy. The setting of the French Quarter of Port Orleans is more of a motel feel. Don't take that to mean that it's cheap or gives you less of an experience. The room is big comfortable and clean. One nice feature I liked was that in addition to the air conditioner/heater there was also a controllable ceiling fan. In addition to two queen size beds, there are also dual sinks outside of the bathroom.
The grounds are very nice to walk around and even saw a little bunny hopping around happily. There's even a video game arcade that's open 24 hours. You can even get fried-to-order begniets at the Sassagula Floatworks food court.
Besides a swimming pool with slides there's also a Jacuzzi.
If you're going to stay at Disney this is not a bad way to do it as well as getting a flavor of New Orleans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel