My companion and I recently visited Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter hotel (Nov 15-19th), and we were quite pleased (overall) with all aspects of our stay! Our check-in was smooth, the room faced the river and was clean, and the staff was adequately polite.
Pros: The room was spacious, the hotel was quiet, and the rooms have small fridges. The location (all rooms) are close to the pool/bus stop. This is a small property, which is amazing because everything is pretty convenient. The grounds were well kept and pretty. The whole place has a very tranquil vibe. It's great for families, solo guests, and couples. Very fun and romantic! The Disney bus service ran smoothly, and bus service came every 15-20 mins. There is only one bus stop and it is in front of the main entrance. Since the hotel is so small, there is no need for multiple bus stops (as other hotels have them).
Cons: Housekeeping did a minimal job each day. They did not provide us with a towel animal (as Disney advertises) at all, and did not give us new soap/shampoo each day. The service seemed skimpy and minimal at best. Note to guests: you have to call the desk to request a linen change as they will only change bed sheets after a 4 day stay. Also, the beds were firmer than we recalled, so they were less comfy to sleep on. The staff was polite, but...very perfunctory. Not as bend-over-backwards nice as in previous years.
The hotel has a small gift shop on property, and the pool is great for kids. They have a hot tub as well, which looked awesome. The food court has lots of options for all meals, and we enjoyed eating there multiple times. Buy a refill mug as this saves a lot of cash on soft drinks and soda during your stay!
This was a great hotel, and we would stay there again. Not too many complaints at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel