“Wonderful Accommodations”

Ranked #65 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Raleigh
“Wonderful Accommodations”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was my first time at Disney World and it truly was a "magical" vacation. The French Quarter was excellent for our needs. Very clean, comfortable and we had a lovely garden view. The staff was friendly and helpful. My grandson got sick one night and they opened the gift shop at 1:00 am so my daughter could buy some Tylenol!!
Would definitely recommend this property to families and couples.

Room Tip: Building 2, third floor was great. It was quiet and had a nice view of the garden.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Therese M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I would recommend staying here.The hotel is lovely, clean and surrounding gardens are very pretty. We traveled with 2 children who enjoyed the swimming pool. The rooms are good with plenty of space. \the room was cleaned and towels changed every day. Food, quick service which was fine for our needs. Staff, very polite and helpful. Transport to all the parks is right out side the entrance. We stayed in block 3 which was central for all the hotel amenities. I cannot fault this hotel it was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bobandmand
Theresa, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Port Orleans French Quarter is our new favorite place to stay. Pictures I viewed before our trip do not do this resort justice. It is like trying to capture the grandeur of the Grand Canyon. The convenience of a smaller resort, the friendliness of the staff, and the look and feel of the grounds and rooms made our trip a true magical vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms on Riverside are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Chris B
Plymouth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were at Disney for our honeymoon and stayed at POFQ. We decided to splurge a little with a moderate resort and It was lovely! The staff were all very nice and accommodating. Every day after hitting the parks (short lines in October), we would take the boat to Downtown Disney and use our Disney Dining Plan to eat at a nice place. Then we would come back and swim in the pool and soak in the hot tub. If we were feeling lazy, we would order pizza to our room. The resort grounds were gorgeous and the resort is small so you don't have very far to walk to get wherever your going. The gift shop was convenient. The bus stop was good, but if you took the buses later on the in day, they would stop at the 4 Riverside bus stops to pick people up or drop them off. If you caught a shuttle first thing in the morning, you went straight to the parks. The Cajun music gets a little old after a while on the shuttles and by the pool, but it is bearable. I wish they would have played more Disney music. The beds were very comfortable. Overall, we were very happy with the resort and feel we chose the best resort for our honeymoon.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what room you choose, you don't have a private balcony so you won't be...
5 Thank Alyson N
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Having stayed our last 2 visits in POR we decided to try French Quarter because of its smaller size. This was a great decision. My husband and I spent 7 nights there and would not have changed a thing. We had a river view, the boat was just steps outside of our building. The pool was equally as close and the main building just a few steps farther. Very compact. Believe me after a long day at the parks, it was wonderful to be so close to our room. Noise was never a problem and we hardly saw any other guests in our building. Many times we had our own bus and if you have ever ridden home on a packed bus with tired and crabby children, you will realize what a plus this was with one stop and you are home. Not sure the children appreciated this plus but am positive their parents did. Already looking forward to going back again and this time bringing our children and our grandsons!

4 Thank jaredkoehler
West Palm Beach
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but they screwed up my reservation or overbooked and didn't have any water or river view rooms left there. I was rebooked at Port Orleans French Quarter, which I hadn't stayed at in over ten years. I was pleasantly surprised, it was much nicer than when I was there before. This was my first time at a French Quarter river view room and it is much nicer than the Riverside ones because you are right up on the river and can actually see it. The room itself was very clean and must have been recently revovated, as the furniture, headboards, and carpet looked brand new. I the overall stay to be so pleasant that I will probably return here again, versus riverside.

5 Thank eli_lilly
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was our first time staying at a Disney Resort and my first trip to WDW. We stayed for 4 days and granted we were not in our room or the resort much, but WOW. I want to go back to just hang out at the resort and do the things I missed! The Resort computer's were down when we arrived but we were able to still check in. They had us set up and ready to go, so we could still go and enjoy our time at the Parks. I also checked into the hotel the day before so I am sure that this helped. The grounds are spotless and so was our room. We only ate breakfast at the Quickservice location one day. But it was very good and they had plenty to choose from. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room that was close to transportion! At this resort they all are. We took the bus a...
4 Thank shorebound73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!