“Cozy resort with big amenities”

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Ranked #65 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Cozy resort with big amenities”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Having stayed our last 2 visits in POR we decided to try French Quarter because of its smaller size. This was a great decision. My husband and I spent 7 nights there and would not have changed a thing. We had a river view, the boat was just steps outside of our building. The pool was equally as close and the main building just a few steps farther. Very compact. Believe me after a long day at the parks, it was wonderful to be so close to our room. Noise was never a problem and we hardly saw any other guests in our building. Many times we had our own bus and if you have ever ridden home on a packed bus with tired and crabby children, you will realize what a plus this was with one stop and you are home. Not sure the children appreciated this plus but am positive their parents did. Already looking forward to going back again and this time bringing our children and our grandsons!

4 Thank jaredkoehler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
West Palm Beach
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside, but they screwed up my reservation or overbooked and didn't have any water or river view rooms left there. I was rebooked at Port Orleans French Quarter, which I hadn't stayed at in over ten years. I was pleasantly surprised, it was much nicer than when I was there before. This was my first time at a French Quarter river view room and it is much nicer than the Riverside ones because you are right up on the river and can actually see it. The room itself was very clean and must have been recently revovated, as the furniture, headboards, and carpet looked brand new. I the overall stay to be so pleasant that I will probably return here again, versus riverside.

5 Thank eli_lilly
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was our first time staying at a Disney Resort and my first trip to WDW. We stayed for 4 days and granted we were not in our room or the resort much, but WOW. I want to go back to just hang out at the resort and do the things I missed! The Resort computer's were down when we arrived but we were able to still check in. They had us set up and ready to go, so we could still go and enjoy our time at the Parks. I also checked into the hotel the day before so I am sure that this helped. The grounds are spotless and so was our room. We only ate breakfast at the Quickservice location one day. But it was very good and they had plenty to choose from. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room that was close to transportion! At this resort they all are. We took the bus a...
4 Thank shorebound73
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place reminds me of marti gras in New Orleans. The pool is really cool and is soo relaxing. The rooms are comfortable and the beds are great. I like that you can take the ferry to downtown disney or the bus to any of the Parks. Of course being Disney, the service is always great and they make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Try to request a preferred room if you have little kids.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was at Disney for a conference Oct 21-25 and our travel agent put is in this hotel. I was not looking forward to it but it wasn't too bad. My mom and daughter tagged along and we stayed in a riverside room. It was very quiet and peaceful although the longest walk from the parking area and lobby. The room was clean and comfortable but the beds weren't good and we didn't sleep well. One was very hard and the other was worn out only on one side so the mattress felt slanted. There is a coffee/tea maker and a refrigerator which is convenient. Also a table where you can eat or work. Also there's free wi-fi. The washroom area has a curtain instead of a door but I liked it because I didn't feel closed in. The bath and toilet are in a room with a door. Both were incredibly clean and kinda nice for being small. The hotel is a little worn but they do a good job keeping it very clean and neat. The landscaping is very nice and well kept.

The staff was always very polite and helpful but housekeeping seemed miffed that we kept our Do Not Disturb sign on the door. That's our choice... but they seemed to be right there if we were coming or going and they wanted to clean the room. We didn't really need anything because there were about 6 bath towels in there. The 3rd day our sign had disappeared and they cleaned our room.

The pool area looks fun and there is a hot tub but I didn't get to enjoy these unfortunately. There is a bar at the pool and in the lobby. The food area is over-priced fast food, poor quality, and very disappointing. Same as the other "moderate" resorts, I wish Disney would improve these or lower the prices. Plus with all the kids running around where people eat it's dirty and loud. Everything was sticky. Other hotels have sit down restaurants so if you want you can drive or take a bus and go eat real food. On the river there is a ferry to Downtown Disney which has a variety of dining options.

Overall I think it was nice, nicer than I anticipated. It was very convenient to get around to the conference venues. I just wish I got better sleep and didn't have to leave the hotel to get a decent meal.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a long walk I recommend the rooms along the riverside. Those seem to offer mor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa P
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at several resorts at WDW but the absolute best has been French Quarter. The French Quarter fills like a very quite small town. It is not so large that it doesn't feel intament. Service is great. The food court is good as well.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Tuscguy206
Southington, Connecticut
Reviewed October 26, 2012

resort lovely requests heeded in timely manner pool activities great for the children grounds and pool as well as restaurants terrific children's meals were eaten and they looked forward to the next one

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mac797
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!