Stayed here with our daughter and three grandchildren and it was excellent. Room service was superb. Food court was a so-so cafeteria style experience with very bland choices. However, we ate most of our lunches and dinners at the parks. Even though we drove here, we took the buses almost everywhere. They were convenient enough but sometimes the waits were long.
There is a boat ride to downtown Disney which is fun and free, However, the boats, which are metal, do not run when there is lightning for obvious reasons. We were disappointed in downtown Disney because it's mostly shopping and there are a lot of overpriced restaurants, some of which are available elsewhere. We were on the meal plan and ate at the House of Blues. Great atmosphere, not so great food, and performers are only there on weekends. This was our first trip to Disney World and, all in all, it was a great time. Probably the most important thing we discovered was the importance of getting a Fast Pass to the key rides. Everyone lines up to go on the most exciting rides first thing in the day. Thus, we found that, following lunch, many rides have much shorter queues. Most enjoyable ride -- Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom; most disappointing ride --- Finding Nemo at Epcot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel