4,841 results
All reviews park fare main building magic kingdom sugar loaf gasparilla grill gingerbread house boca chica mary poppins club level sago cay wedding pavilion mad hatter dormer room courtyard pool lagoon view disney world monorail stop
Reviewed January 19, 2006

My girlfriend and i went to Walt Disney World for a week long vacation, it was her first time but my third. I decided to stay at the Grand Floridan because i felt that it would be the perfect place for the both of us to enjoy ourselfs. We stayed in the Garden View room in the Conch Key Building. All of our request were met except for the one for a king size bed. The room was very homelike and gave you a sense of comfort, the bed was very soft and the view was wonderful. The bad part about were we stayed was that when it started raining there was no escape and you are going to get wet. Being that we were very active the hotel really make you feel cozy when we returned from the park, which kind of made you tired really quick. Compaired to the Yacht Club were we visited a friend the Grand Floridan was sitting still, But all in all the hotel was very nice but it is not worth the price that they have the rooms for and I would stay there again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2005
11  Thank Experience10500
Reviewed January 18, 2006

What Can I say........everything was perfect!!!!....I tried to find fault on our second visit (we went 2004.......yep we were there for hurricaine Charlie which they handled brilliantly...loved it so much we weent back in 2005) but alas could only find one fault.That was they forgot to leave the chocolates on the pillows one night...and thats it!!. Thoroughly recommend and so convenient for everything.Dont know why I am giving it such a good review because we probably wont be able to get in this year because everyone has booked it after reading this.
Take no notice of the other reports I guess they are a one off.....and lets face it you cant please everyone!!!!!
Try the burgers in the 24 hr cafe they are fab!!!
....and enjoy x

• Stayed: September 2005
12  Thank Sunshine38130
Reviewed January 8, 2006

The layout: The splendor of this hotel is perhaps a matter of taste. It is ornate, busily decorated, lacy, pseudo-19th century. This, I realized as I arrived in the lobby of the GF, is not my cup of tea. It will be fabulous for those who enjoy Victorian style on steroids hybridized with mickey themes. The Polynesian resort seemed more natural, lively and interesting (we had b-fast there).
The room: ours was facing courtyard pool and near a very noisy elevator (a very convincing rendition of the noise an early 20th century cage elevator would make in fact which amused us as we decided the horrid noise was in fact a magical disney touch). Day bed very convenient for 5th child. Room was spacious. Otherwise, the crazy queen from Alice in Wonderland on the bedspread, a nice balcony (not in January though), and a very very pleasant comfortable bed (thus we slept well despite elevator situation).
Convenience: monorail on site is great but monorail is whimsical. It took us one hour at 11 pm to return from Epcot to resort (some kind of expansion issue) and thus we concluded that the plague of transportation inconvenience is unavoidable at WDW despite convenience of staying onsite.
Will not stay there again, but mostly because of our lack of enthusiasm for the decor. Oh and magical express service was great: minimal wait, fast ride to airport, but I suspect it is alas whimsical as well.

• Stayed: January 2006
6  Thank Solange72
Reviewed January 7, 2006

We stayed at the Grand for our honeymoon. We had the platinum package add on, entitling us to concierge and "the best of the best". We were met at the door from our concierge, given a tour and taken to our room. It was a nice room, huge bed, wonderful balcony. And the grounds and lobby are fantastic. However, this is Disney, and children are abundant. We had a screaming 3or4 year old next door, who sounded as she were in the room with us. We could also hear conversations (not loud, just normal) from our neighbors. And if we could hear them, they could hear us. We called concierge because my husband had forgotten his comb, and requested one, forty minutes later, we recieved it. Our bathtub, while huge, had a clogged drain, 2 days after I called, it was repaired. We thought they took a little long responding to our requests. Room service is wonderful! Always on time, and prepared how we requested,however, on our plan all of our meals were free, and after looking at my bill we were charged, not once but three times for room service. We were also charged for our "complimentry" spa service, valet parking, (we had no car, we flew), and minibar charges that we did not use. Mistakes do happen, but to rectify those mistakes took days, I was still dealing with getting refunds 14 days after I returned home. The spa is great though! The lobby served wonderful snacks throughout the day, as well as coffees, teas, and sodas. We really did not recieve any special treatment from the hotel for our honeymoon, but the parks and other resturants made up for this. Victoria and Alberts is phenomenal! The $300plus price was included in our plan, but is WELL worth the cost! The grounds of the hotel were nice, but the fountain outside the main pool was out of order the full seven days that we were there, and filthy. Small detail I know, but for 14thousand dollars to stay there, you would think they would pay more attention to the "small" details. All in all, the hotel is nice, convenient to Magic Kingdom,(took less than 5 min most days) the Contempary, and Epcot. But for the money, I would recommend the Boardwalk or the Yacht club. Just as nice, if not nicer, and almost half the cost.

• Stayed: May 2005
20  Thank Stewart62260
Reviewed January 4, 2006

It was GREAT! We stayed in Sugarloaf (building) which is concierge. It was great and worth it! We had acess everywhere. Boats, Monarail, etc. The theme is well thought out - Old Victorian. Make sure to check out the main pool! The waterslide is a blast and the water washes up on the pool groungs like a beach. Also, there is a huge rock formation that has a giant waterfall. There are even little cabanas! You really have to try it out.

• Stayed: June 2005