$89
$144
$128
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$127
$119
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$110
$74
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

$127
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$135
$124
$322
$237
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$158
$349
$259
DisneyWorld.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $298/night.

$103
$86
Priceline
4,754 results
All reviewspark faremain buildingmagic kingdomsugar loafgasparilla grillgingerbread houseboca chicasago caymary poppinsclub levelwedding pavilionmad hatterdormer roomcourtyard poollagoon viewdisney worldmonorail stop
A TripAdvisor Member
west virginia
Reviewed October 26, 2005

I travel quite a bit for medical conferences and this was the worst hotel stay I have ever had from a service stand point.

Stayed at the GF for a wedding in October. The first night there after getting back from the rehearsal dinner, I could not get in my room. When I went to the front desk, they suggested I had gone to the wrong room and drew me a map!

Needless to say, I was not at the wrong room, key still didn't work, went back, got a new key, that one didn't work. I had to go back again, there was no one at the desk this time. I had to ask the guy polishing the floors if he could find someone to help me. Really awful experience. It took almost 2 hours to get into my room and I got tons of attitidue from the night manager.

The next night, $200 was stolen from my room while I was at the reception! I didn't want to deal with the night manager again, so I waited until morning to call, no manager was available. I didn't want it to ruin my day, so we spent the day in epcot. Came back and reported it then. That manager was kind, but overall the experience was just very negative. When I went to check out early in the AM on the last day of my stay, I asked the front desk person if I could leave my bags with someone while I got a cup of coffee. She informed me the valet was busy and I could just leave my bags in the lobby! As if....And for all my troulbes, all they could do for me was take 20% the one night I couldn't get in my room, this amounted to $60. Never got an apology, anything.

• Stayed: October 2005
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2005

Our family of 4 (2 kids ages 11 & 7) stayed at the Grand Floridian from Oct 6-13 and then went on the Disney Cruise from Oct 13-16. We had an amazing experience!! First, the Grand Floridian. This resort is beautiful and the staff was wonderful. Our room was in the Pine Cay building, with a veranda overlooking the lagoon. The kids enjoyed watching all the ducks that came up to our veranda looking for food. Every evening we would watch the light parade on the barges in the lagoon from our room. The rooms were very clean and we did not notice much noise at all, even though we were on the main floor. Some highlights of the resort are the pool with the slide and the main pool which is open 24 hours. It is also a nice walk to the Polynesian resort, if you happen to go there for dinner. Narcoosee's has amazing food and the service was fine. Transportation from this resort was great - all buses, water transport and monorail were always available & on time. The 24 hour cafe was also very handy and had very good food.
We had a wonderful time at all the parks and we followed it with a Disney Cruise, and again we had a wonderful experience. Disney is very organized and really tends to a lot of detail. The cruise had a memorable pirate party one night, and the next day, we took part in a pirate treasure hunt on Castaway Cay. The whole experience was fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2005
11  Thank Jewel2235
A TripAdvisor Member
Deer Run Equestrian, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2005

My daughter was singing with her chorus class in Walt Disney. My husband, son , daughter and I decided to stay at the Grand Floridian. We paid 1200.00 for one night. When we drove up, we were greeted out front and taken to go check in. The service was nice. The door man was friendly and the fact that we were staying on the upper floors and had access to all of the extras. I am a Florida girl. Grew up in Palm Beach. However, the suite we received was obviously two rooms put together and there was not even a roman size bath tub. Everything about the hotel was it was a hotel, pretending to be a grand hotel in Walt Disney. My husband and I considered renewing our wedding vows there, however the wedding pavillion is not secluded enough. There was a wedding going on and outsiders were able to walk up and watch. Even one man in a speedo stood there and watched the couple taking their vows. For the price, I would not recommend.

Stayed: June 2005
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 29, 2005

What? Resort Review
Where? Grand Floridian - Royal Palm Club
When? September 17th - 22nd 2005

We had been planning our stay at WDW for many months. It was to be our first WDW trip together and a very special one at that as we got engaged whilst there. We'd made a number of PS reservations beforehand, some of which were changed due to extra magic hours. Several emails / phone calls later we had confirmation of what we expected to do. For our holiday we had planned to stay at the Polynesian followed by the Beach Club. In July we discovered that we would no longer be staying at the Poly as the concierge rooms were due for refurbishment in Sept. Unfortunately for us, we found out this information not from Disney but from a third party website. WE actually contacted Disney to discuss it. We had not heard from them and it was just two months until we were due to arrive. After much discussion on the phone (internationally - at our expense), we were offered a room at the GF instead. Initially we thought this was fantastic. For most people (including us) staying at the GF is but a dream - it looks amazing from the pictures and sounds great from the reviews. Did we set our expectations too high? Read on...
Having arrived after a long flight, I was a little upset not to be met / welcomed by anyone at the hotel. Walking through the main doors, the grandness of the lobby and furnishings soon took my mind off this. We walked over to the main check in desk/area (still not welcomed) and explained we were concierge guests. After 5 mins or so of tapping away, the lady at check in confirmed we were concierge and that some one would come over to meet us. Whilst waiting we took in the atmos - the main lobby is very grand and has a welcoming feel to it. A concierge staff member came over to show us around the hotel, explain the services and show us to our room. We were asked if we could take our own bags with us! No offer for someone to come get them for us. So we trawled our bags around the hotel with us and finally headed up to L3 via the lift. I think the Concierge lady was trying to make a good impression because she'd chat to every guest we passed en route. On L3 we sat down with another Concierge staff member who talked us through the various services and what we'd booked. To our surprise, half of our PS reservations were wrong - despite having email confirmation of the various bookings beforehand. We decided to come back and sort this out later as we were quite tired from the flight. At this point we also realised that the Disney computer system does not link bookings - they had no idea we would need transferring to the Beach Club (BC) in a few days.... Anyway, we were led to our room and shown around - including the super long * :-) * balcony. We were in room 4209. Pretty standard room with an unusually large balcony. No fridge though - which we then asked for. The balcony was dirty - obviously not maintained. I could tell the Concierge lady spotted this too, but still left it to me to ask her to get someone to clean it. Looking out over the balcony I could also see the paint coming off in various places. Shortly after she left the room, we started to unpack. Despite the minor issues, we were still overwhelmed to be in the GF and were keeping a happy face on things. The next day we asked about getting a fridge and checked that the balcony would be cleaned. We also changed the PS bookings to what we were expecting (using L3 concierge). We returned at the end of the day to find that no fridge had arrived and that the balcony had only been half cleaned (I took a digital photo of what remained for proof). The balcony was still dirty. If we had children, we would not have allowed them out there - serious. In the end we decided to clean it as best we could - so we could at least sit down to enjoy the MK fireworks (of which we had a superb view!). This was an absolute disgrace in our opinion - remember this is a $700 per night room rate. We were expecting the best of the best, literally. Throughout our stay we found the GF staff to be the least helpful / pleasant out of all the places we visited or stayed. About 50% of the staff were helpful & willing to speak with us. The food however was very good - especially between 5 and 7 pm when various buffet style dinner items would be put out. There was also a good selection of drinks, including beers. My only gripe was that we had to keep asking for sodas - there never seemed to be any out when we were in the lounge (BC Concierge had plenty out). The day prior to check out started interestingly - with a Magical Express letter on the door saying we were leaving the next day and going back to the airport. Be VERY aware of this if you are staying at more than one hotel. We were told by a Concierge staff member that the reservations/booking system simply cannot cope with transfers (a mainframe system), even though we were told it would be ok before arriving. Bit more mess for us to sort out, but we did sort it out. On the last night in the GF, we were awoken at 12:40 am to a VERY loud sound - something that we can both only describe as some kind of power tool. This lasted for a few minutes on and off. We'd had enough and called the front desk at 12:55 am. After being on hold, we were told that someone would investigate and get back to us. Just a minute or two later we heard the sound of tools being dropped / moved from above us (it may sound wierd, but we actually heard a screw being dropped and roll on the floor above, so it was very close by). The noise started again shortly after speaking to the front desk, but this time further away. It would seem that they had simply made the decision to continue with works in another location - ie further away. It was the only conclusion we could come to. There was no way these noises were natural - we had been doing DIY at home before arriving and knew these noises oh too well (drilling / sanding vibrations). We eventually got to sleep at 3:30 am, deciding it was best to leave it till the morning. We were awoken again at 6:30 am by the same noises - which appeared to be getting closer again. I suspect we were so tired, that we just slept through it for 3 hours. No one from the front desk 'got back to us'. After 3 hrs sleep we were not happy and contacted the Concierge staff by phone that morning. We were very much awake by this point. They assured us that maintenance work does not occur during the night. We know what we heard and after explaining all to the Concierge staff, they said they'd speak to the hotel manager and get back to us. About 30 mins later they called back and again said that no works were going on. However, they offered us a 50% reduction for that night. So despite them saying that nothing was going on, they still offered us a refund....Yes. This reinforced to us that something was happening. Another guest we bumped into in the corridoor also confirmed hearing those types of noises that night, but they were much further away on the floor and were able to sleep through it (how I wish I'd got their contact details!!!). We arranged a late check out on this final GF morning but could get no more sleep as the day had started and works were now going on outside / in other buildings. Plus we still needed to pack in time for check out. We were shattered and annoyed to say the least. By this point, we were so looking forward to getting to the Beach Club and couldn't wait to check in. I never thought I'd actually want to get away from the GF. Our bags went across seperately a few hours later via the bell service (very useful - take advantage if transferring). Our stay at the Beach Club 5th Floor was 10/10. The staff were friendly, helpful and greeted us every time we passed, even if they had a guest with them. Even the bell man took time out to chat for 5 mins when bringing our bags up to the room. Customer Service is something the GF really seemed to lack in our opinion. The lack of sleep really affected our stay at the BC as we had so much planned and just couldn't do it all. My fiancee (Becky) stopped half way round the World Showcase at Epcot and just started crying because she was so tired but wanted to carry on and see it all. We also had to miss our 9.30 pm carriage ride at FW on our last day as we were just too tired to make it. So much planning and expense went into our holiday and we just feel that it was taken away from us - it made it feel pointless. The lack of sleep also made the overnight flight back home an absolute nightmare. We were not prepared to 'lose a day' just to catch up on sleep again - our 3 days left were just too precious.
We are not going to stay at the GF again and are looking forward to a stay at the Poly / BC next year. The experience has not put us off Disney - everything else was just amazing. Based on our stay, we'd give the GF 3 to 4 out of 10. HOWEVER - please judge for yourselves, this is simply our experience. I know there are many out there that have had a magical stay and many others that will. I would hope that we're part of the 'unlucky' minority. We will be advising Disney of our experience and concerns. Roll on Poly next year. BC - can't wait to get back ;-)

• Stayed: September 2005
43  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed September 23, 2005

My husband and I and our four small children,ages 9 mon.,3,5,7., spent 6 great days here in mid September. This is our second stay, the first being in October 2003. WE LOVE THIS PLACE ! We have stayed at other disney resorts, but none come close to comparing with the Grand Floridian. We arrived and our room was ready early at 12 noon. We had requested a view of Cinderella's Castle and we had a beautiful lagoon view room in the Conche Key building. It was convenient to the boat dock which had boats going to the Magic Kingdom. We had requested a refridgerator, microwave, and crib, all of which arrived within minutes to our beautiful, very clean room. The bellman who took our luggage was so great with our children! He gave them mickey stickers, told them jokes etc. Everyone from the front desk clerks, the housekeeping staff, the bellmen, the grounds crew were EXCEPTIONALLY helpful and friendly! The lobby is georgeous with live piano music the kids danced to , and huge fresh floral arrangements. The pool areas and the grounds were well cared for. We had a yummy character meal at the 1900 Park Fare, dinner included Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and Mice from the movie. Room service was delicious and prompt. WE CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!!!!

• Stayed: September 2005