“Fantastic stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Lossiemouth, Scotland
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

Me and My Husband stayed here for 4 nights last August as we were getting married at the Wedding Pavilion. On arrival at the hotel we were greated by friendly staff who helped us with everything we needed. We even got our room upgrade to concierge. This include drinks and nibbles throughout the day it was brilliant. Once we got to our room we had a signed card from cindarella and Prince Charming wishing us all the best and a bottle of champagne! The rooms were pretty big we had one queen size bed and a balcony looking onto the wedding pavilion. There are several shops within the hotel selling disney merchandise, a bath shop, and salon. There are 4 restuarants and a canteen outside beside the boats which was great as you can charge everything to your room you didn't need to carry around money. There were too large pools and one had a small water slide for the children. A small beached area just down from the pool. At night you could gather round the marina to watch the night time fireworks from Magic Kingdom, this was great as you wern't fighting with anyone at the park to get a good space and all in all i think we got a better view at the hotel. We ate at Narcossee restuarant on the night of the wedding and it was brilliant i would highly recommend this.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RachelMacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (914)
  • Turkish first
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

My family stayed at the Grand Floridian during the first week of April. There was six of us all together my two kids, 2 and 4, My wife and I, and my wifes parents. We are a basic middle class family, we dont try to live the expensive lifestyle. I will say though the hotel is very nice and everyone that works there was especially nice and friendly. I will give you some random things l liked and disliked about the hotel. We stayed on the first floor boca chica building, garden view. We had a great view of the pool though. It was nice to watch people swimming and the pool bar area from the room. I wish the patios were not closed in though. The one thing I like better at the polynesian. You could walk out your patio doors onto the grass or to the pool from the poly. Grand Floridian you have to walk through the building. Both pools that the GF has are nice for kids and adults alike. Another thing I liked was the music playing in the lobby from 4-9. It was either a piano player or a band. Both were excellent to listen to. My kids would like to dance here. The grill for counter service had good food but not enough selections. Could improve there. Also with the arcade games in with it their was limited seating inside but you could always sit outside when its nice,, great view of the castle here. The bed turn down service I guess i dont really get. I can pull my covers back at night by myself, but the chocolates were nice. Maybe that is just my middle class showing through. My kids were celebrating there birthday and they brought in a white chocolate mickey and some cookies, I thought that was really nice and the kids really liked it. Over all I thought the hotel was very nice but I guess I dont see nothing that just totally knocked my socks off. If you are in the decision between polynesian and grand floridian, it is really all in the preference,,, lush garden feel or turn of the century victorian. If you have any specific questions please contact me. I planned our trip for about 5 months.. I could probably work for disney as an advisor now.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank crwatson
Deep in the Heart of Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

First know that Disney Hotels are very popular. You do have to make some basic plans before your arrival. Just a little bit of pre planning make the experience most satisfying. Take note of the Disney advice on meal reservations and park hours. Make general schedules of you park and meal plans. The Grand Floridian is the flag ship hotel of Disneyworld. We have stayed there three times and had a delightful time at each stay.
The staff pays attention and will work with you to make your stay memorable. If you make your reservations early enough you can get the Concierge service. It is an extravagant service but fun to have. Watching the Magic Kingdom fire works from the restaurant on the lagoon is spectacular and romantic. Live music daily in the main lobby is excellent. No hotel can boost of a real ginger bread house in the lobby. A real memorable experience.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jjimlemjim
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

This hotel spells elegance the moment you walk in the door. A gorgeous, opulent lobby is the centerpiece of the main floor with siting areas and (in Nov a huge Xmas tree). The staff are extremely helpful with Park passes, etc. We had a two bedroom suite in an adjacent building but it was spacious and had a view of the Magic Kingdom! There are two pools, one for grownups and the other for fun (it has a waterslide!) The proximity to the magic Kingdom cannot be beat by monorail, first stop to get there and to go back. Restaurant wise this place is sure culinary savy,
1) Victoria and Albert's - Beautiful fine dining. Adults only. A true treat.
2) Citrico's - second nicest restaurant. Great Mediterranian food for dinner.
3) Narcoossee's - MY FAV! On the water, great seafood and so fun for dinner.
4) Cafe - Great for breakfast and views of the pool.
5) Garden View Lounge - such nice afternoon tea in a traditional Floridian/English settting.
6) 1900 Park Fare - best character meals! We had breakfast once. The spoiled children are annoying but it is fun. Buffet though.
* All in all, a fantastic hotel which I would immeadiatly return to the next time I go to Disney Florida.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank tcoop92
NORTH CAROLINA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

This resort is beautiful but I didn’t like it as much as the Animal Kingdom or Polynesian. This may be because I was traveling with a 5 and 1 year old. Enjoyed the character breakfast and the staff were pretty friendly. Had the meal plan so we didn’t spend a lot on food. I've stayed at the several Disney properties and this would be the one I would least likely return to. But again, it may be because of the smaller kids. I do, however, love the spa there and each time I go made sure I get a treatment. They have a kid's pedicure that my 5 year old loves, she has had it twice and it put her to sleep each time.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LIKETOTRAVEL125
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

We took a family vacation to Disney over Christmas break and spent three nights at the Grand Floridian. We were expecting a high level of luxury and service given what we've heard and read about the property. Our check-in process was difficult. First, we were sent to the wrong rooms (our last name was similar to the last name of another guest, even though the first names and number of people in our party were different). Second, we were sent to other rooms only to find the rooms did not connect. At the time we reserved the rooms we were told the connection was guaranteed since we have small children. Finally, after more than and hour we got rooms that connected. We've stayed at other Disney properties and found that, other than being on the monorail, the Grand Floridian was no better than the mid-priced properties. Food options are limited and the service is spotty. We had a great vacation, but we were not impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank familyguy13
harleysville,pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2009

I'm 25 years old and i have visited Disney sence i've been 6. And also with my children my husband and i have taken our children at least 4 times to all the parks and they are only 2 and 1. Our last Vaca we stayed at the animal Kingdom and we enjoyed it besides the Bus rides to all the Parks so this year we chosen the Crem' De' La' Crem "Grand Floridian" ... Beautiful up on arrival it looked like the vaca my little princesses dreamed about.. Yes i was discussed of the room it was small, smelly and bad maid service it was not what i would have thought for the price. The food was bad but thats expected from Disney where used to that by now but what had really upset me was my 2 year old twins and 19 mo old little girls was in the bath tub and the door shut and locked them in the bath room with the water running a moms worst fear!!! After running threw the buliding trying to find a maid she did'nt under stand me she was more intrested in cleaning the water up that was going to over flow on the floor not my "could be" drowneing babies... coaxing her to my room and her not complying with "Please Give us the Key!!" And her " I don't have one i'll call somebody." My husband had to bust the door down, wich was a thick door.and hard to do. Thank god to Find my 3 babies Live but,Scared Crying and water to thier neck ... Later only to find Mangers and maids being very Rude LIEING to us trying to tell us that a paper clip would open the door but We tryed every thing!!.. And only To find out that we was right only a Key could open that bathroom door that no maid carries only certain security people carry and to prove im not lieing please if you read other reviews it takes 45 min for some one to come to your door with the key . And yes 45 after the last rude maid came to my door The "KEY MAN" showed up. the manager said he had no clue and bla bla bla sence your checking out tomorrow theres not much we can do heres a chocolate tinker bell and we will take care of this matter we never knew our doors did this bla bla bla .. So we headed to the pool we was to upset to do a park that day. Later my 2 year old was in to deep of water for her and she was bobbling UP AND UNDER water and the life gaured just sat there looking directlly at her hoping some one else would see her now. Please I can Get over the fact that there is not a vending machine in each building or a bottle of water placed in your room so when you wake up thirsty your out of luck exept for tap water that tast like chems. and there is no security or any staff in each building (talk about job creation) but for SAFTY I rate it a No, No for familys with children or disabiltys Many Accidents happen in the world each day and to know it would take you 45 min to help your loved one who might have fallen, passed out or have a heart attack in the bath room behind a loked door let lone babys who are sitting in a bath tub by thier selfs Please Its disney Change your Locks or provide keys to the bathrooms like you would do a mini bar (that they dont have)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family